• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Are y'all coffee drinkers?

Just out of curiosity what is your preferred brand?

We have been buying 8' O clock whole bean and grind it right before we brew it.

Its pretty tasty and more economical than the premium brands both the original or the Colombian are good.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Sure, I drink coffee, but I'm not fanatical about it. We drink different brands sometimes. I don't mind a little variation in flavor. One that I've tried recently is Java Time. It's an Australian brand imported through San Diego. I bought it on sale. It's pretty good.

Sure, I drink coffee, but I'm not fanatical about it. We drink different brands sometimes. I don't mind a little variation in flavor. One that I've tried recently is Java Time. It's an Australian brand imported through San Diego. I bought it on sale. It's pretty good.
We drink quite bit of coffee the Java Time sounds interesting. I would like to get some.

When Mrs. H. lived in Mexico she would sometimes pick coffee at a plantation that grows organic coffee for Starbucks she said they would grow the seedlings by a river and when they got to a certain size they would transplant them in the jungle beneath the trees. its a medium roast and pretty good also but not quite bold enough for my taste. Anyway that is how our interest in coffee got started

NightSwimmer

Senator
I started drinking coffee in my mid-twenties. I started with instant coffee, but I won't drink that bilge now. Don't know how I ever did?

lilly

Council Member
I started drinking coffee in my mid-twenties. I started with instant coffee, but I won't drink that bilge now. Don't know how I ever did?
They never have and never will make a good instant coffee.:doh:

I like a good columbian blend but change around quite a bit.

Jen

Senator
I enjoy one, maybe two cups of coffee a day, lupe. I have a Keurig coffee maker that makes one cup at a time and it is perfect for me since my two cups (if I have 2) are usually separated by several hours and I don't like stale coffee.

My favorites are a Paul Newman Bold and a lighter Breakfast coffee.

I enjoy one, maybe two cups of coffee a day, lupe. I have a Keurig coffee maker that makes one cup at a time and it is perfect for me since my two cups (if I have 2) are usually separated by several hours and I don't like stale coffee.

My favorites are a Paul Newman Bold and a lighter Breakfast coffee.
Try the Caribou blend (not the breakfast blend) in the Keurig

I use a Keurig also but we use one of those filter thingys and mostly brew our own coffee. I have heard with the popularity of Keurigs

the disposal of those little plastic cups is becoming an enviornmental problem

Jen

Senator
I imagine that the disposal of the little plastic cups could, indeed, become an environmental problem. I hadn't thought of that. We also have one of those "use your own coffee" filters and are able to use regular/ home ground coffee too. I drank Caribou coffee in Alaska ... and liked it. I'll try it again. I like a robust flavor but not the bitterness that some robust coffees have. So I always look for robust without bitterness and it's not always easy to find. But I love the Keurig concept.

Try the Caribou blend (not the breakfast blend) in the Keurig

I use a Keurig also but we use one of those filter thingys and mostly brew our own coffee. I have heard with the popularity of Keurigs

the disposal of those little plastic cups is becoming an enviornmental problem

Days

Commentator
I have a 60 cup percolator. Wish I could buy that 8'0clock coffee around here, that was the old A&P brand, my next big ambition is to buy my own bean grinder and find somebody selling bags of beans... obviously fresher than the name brands that were ground for me six months ago and sitting in a can in a warehouse.

I brew up 50 cups at a time, then let it sit there in the pot; it has one of those pour spouts, we bought it years ago at a commercial outlet for kitchen ware. This method works better than it sounds, I make sure to unplug the pot the moment it is done brewing (takes about 40-45 minutes) ... when I want a cup of coffee, I simply draw me out a cup and nuke it for 90 seconds... fastest, hottest coffee this side of the Pecos.

Days

Commentator
Have you tried Kona Gold from Hawaii? It makes all the rest taste sick. Expensive with good reason.

I have a 60 cup percolator. Wish I could buy that 8'0clock coffee around here, that was the old A&P brand, my next big ambition is to buy my own bean grinder and find somebody selling bags of beans... obviously fresher than the name brands that were ground for me six months ago and sitting in a can in a warehouse.

I brew up 50 cups at a time, then let it sit there in the pot; it has one of those pour spouts, we bought it years ago at a commercial outlet for kitchen ware. This method works better than it sounds, I make sure to unplug the pot the moment it is done brewing (takes about 40-45 minutes) ... when I want a cup of coffee, I simply draw me out a cup and nuke it for 90 seconds... fastest, hottest coffee this side of the Pecos.
Days you probably can get 8 O'clock look for it at Kroger, Walmart or the rich folks local chain. Several year back A&P sold off their coffee to some guy from India who is marketing it to any chain that wants it. I found it a couple of years back and have been buying it ever since A&P still exists but it is only up around Pennsylvania and surrounding states. The last one here closed in the early 70's

I have fond memories of going to the A&P with my mom in the early sixties and the smell of the 8 O'Clock coffee as she ground it in the store grinder, maybe its the fresh grind that makes it seem tastier than Mrs. Olson's and the others that come in a can

Days

Commentator
oh its the fresh grind, that's the whole secret. We have a WalMart across the street, so I need to look into all that. My sister-in-law no longer works for Starbucks, so I have to come up with my own way of bringing coffee beans into the home. I can't afford Starbucks beans, and don't much like them anyhow, I was mixing the grind together with cheap store brands; it will be a step up if I can grind the 8'oclock bean fresh for each new pot. Chances are, I might find everything i need the next trip across the street... thanks lupe!

Jen

Senator
My Grandpaw owned a grocery store back in the days that people owned their own stores, and then sold it to the A&P chain and managed it in his later years. I wonder if that's the coffee my grand parents drank? I've never had it.

Days you probably can get 8 O'clock look for it at Kroger, Walmart or the rich folks local chain. Several year back A&P sold off their coffee to some guy from India who is marketing it to any chain that wants it. I found it a couple of years back and have been buying it ever since A&P still exists but it is only up around Pennsylvania and surrounding states. The last one here closed in the early 70's

I have fond memories of going to the A&P with my mom in the early sixties and the smell of the 8 O'Clock coffee as she ground it in the store grinder, maybe its the fresh grind that makes it seem tastier than Mrs. Olson's and the others that come in a can

oh its the fresh grind, that's the whole secret. We have a WalMart across the street, so I need to look into all that. My sister-in-law no longer works for Starbucks, so I have to come up with my own way of bringing coffee beans into the home. I can't afford Starbucks beans, and don't much like them anyhow, I was mixing the grind together with cheap store brands; it will be a step up if I can grind the 8'oclock bean fresh for each new pot. Chances are, I might find everything i need the next trip across the street... thanks lupe!
Days, if you find it make sure the bag is labeled whole bean cuz the already ground stuff just isn't the same

My Grandpaw owned a grocery store back in the days that people owned their own stores, and then sold it to the A&P chain and managed it in his later years. I wonder if that's the coffee my grand parents drank? I've never had it.
It very well could have been what they drank it was a favorite in its time but you have to be kind of old to remember it.

It might taste better to me because it has a dash of nostalgia in every cup.

Friday13

Governor
I can't stand coffee and never drink it, but I remember grinding the beans for my dad when I was a kid...that was my job when we went to the grocery store.