• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

As I have posted before...Christie is done.

Yup. Since you guys keep rejecting GOOD candidates like Jon Huntsman and Chris Christie, that means your chances of taking the White House in 2016 are pretty damn close to zero.

Breaks my heart.

Doubter

Council Member
RINO hunters work to thin out the herd. I think they can get themselves down to a party of two. That day will probably end in a duel.

U

Union_Jack_1972

I have to agree with LeRoy and that rejecting Moderate Right Candidates like Huntsman, and Christie is not helping the GOP at all...

Embracing the radical element of the right will not win you the Senate or the White House, and the GOP can stay in control of the House because those are district seats...

With that said the GOP need to embrace the Moderate Right Candidate for the Senate and White House...

Those like Rand Paul or Michele Bachman have no real chance of winning the White House... Also Rand Paul win for his Senate seat had more to do with his state being deep blood red, but do not fool yourself to think America is deep red because it's Purple...

So rejecting a Moderate Right like Christie is not smart to me but again I have never given either side much credit since Clinton days...

Doubter

Council Member
Well, as a person whom the GOP long ago left behind, let me just say, I wish you all the success in your hunt. Irrelevancy is coming for your party, soon to be reduced to the status of a history question. A second coming of the Know Nothing Party.

Maybe he'll change parties and YOU can vote for him?

Eh?
Nope. If Christie were to switch parties, I would be unlikely to vote for him. Of course, it would depend on who he was running against. If you are visualizing Christie running for President, as a Democrat, against someone like Michele Bachman, Rick Perry, Mike Huckabee, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, or Ted Nugent, then yes, I would vote for him.

But I think the man has a few serious character flaws. For one thing, he is grotesquely obese, which suggests to me a severe lack of personal self-discipline. And he also has a volcanic temper. I don't want someone like that with their finger on the button.

Bo-4

Senator
Sorry, the nuts who hate him are a TINY % of Republican Party and he's got swing appeal (he would beat Biden like a red-headed step child).

Prolly your bestest hope my friend.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Yes, they do. But, it's not in Christie's interest to lose to a fringe crackpot.
I'd say it's irrelevant, yet the irrelevance of Iowa is a good enough excuse to simply skip them.

At any rate, with the election still 3 years away, we don't really even know if Christie will live that long. They don't call it "morbid obesity" for nothing, you know.

Christie will have to skip Iowa, and he'll have to come up with a "saleable" reason for doing so.
Iowans in general are a little more open-minded than most people may realize; the state did vote for Obama, you know. It is just the GOP primary voters in Iowa who are such schmucks.