• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ashoken Farewell

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It was made famous by the Ken Burns series. I had never heard of it before that; but it is a beautiful piece of music.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
It was made famous by the Ken Burns series. I had never heard of it before that; but it is a beautiful piece of music.
Yes it is...Ken Burns liked it as well. Don't those Ken Burns series run on PBS?

As you admit to coming here to disturb the "pigs"...I admit to coming here, in part, to prove you, or any other right winger, incorrect. I thank you for another opportunity.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Yes it is...Ken Burns liked it as well. Don't those Ken Burns series run on PBS?
As you admit to coming here to disturb the "pigs"...I admit to coming here, in part, to prove you, or any other right winger, incorrect. I thank you for another opportunity.
No biggie. I had heard from someone that it was written for the series; I guess he was wrong too.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
No biggie. I had heard from someone that it was written for the series; I guess he was wrong too.
Yes, he was wrong too.

In some ways, it's quite the 'biggie". You have stated that you are never wrong...but here you are, wrong. Not only that, you've admitted that you're at least a sometimes fan of PBS...and although I have not seen you weigh in on the exact kerfuffle in the current events world, you are a right winger who has complained about arts funding in the past. The destruction of the CPB is a long time right wing desire.

The long form documentaries Burns specializes in aren't the type of programming any other outlet attempts. There is your value in 450 million to the CPB...1/4 the the cost of A B-2 Bomber...

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Yes, he was wrong too.

In some ways, it's quite the 'biggie". You have stated that you are never wrong...but here you are, wrong. Not only that, you've admitted that you're at least a sometimes fan of PBS...and although I have not seen you weigh in on the exact kerfuffle in the current events world, you are a right winger who has complained about arts funding in the past. The destruction of the CPB is a long time right wing desire.

The long form documentaries Burns specializes in aren't the type of programming any other outlet attempts. There is your value in 450 million to the CPB...1/4 the the cost of A B-2 Bomber...
I certainly hope to see government funding for PBS disappear because it is essentially a haven for Liberalism. There are some good programs on PBS however; but nothing that could not be on HBO. I don't think my taxes should go to an organization that spews Liberal values.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I certainly hope to see government funding for PBS disappear because it is essentially a haven for Liberalism. There are some good programs on PBS however; but nothing that could not be on HBO. I don't think my taxes should go to an organization that spews Liberal values.
HBO must disagree. There are a business...and they don't produce such long form documentaries. Or kids shows. Burns has worked with PBS...yet you seem to believe PBS little but liberal spew. It's just silly. It's childish that you are so partisan and so blind that you can admit to being fan...and still want it killed.

You have every right to think whatever you want about the $1.35 of your taxes that goes to support the CPB...just as I have every right to not want $5.40 of mine to pay for another B2 bomber we don't need. See...I'm not a fan of war, so I don't want it to be made available. I don't want to pay for it. You LIKE PBS, use it...but don't want to pay for it.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
HBO must disagree. There are a business...and they don't produce such long form documentaries. Or kids shows. Burns has worked with PBS...yet you seem to believe PBS little but liberal spew. It's just silly. It's childish that you are so partisan and so blind that you can admit to being fan...and still want it killed.
You have every right to think whatever you want about the $1.35 of your taxes that goes to support the CPB...just as I have every right to not want $5.40 of mine to pay for another B2 bomber we don't need. See...I'm not a fan of war, so I don't want it to be made available. I don't want to pay for it. You LIKE PBS, use it...but don't want to pay for it.
I don't think the taxpayers should have to pay for it.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I don't think the taxpayers should have to pay for it.
Goody for you.

I have absolutely no issue with the CPB being funded by the "taxpayers". It's obviously a very small outlay with a huge return.

I don't think the taxpayers should pay for subsidies to oil companies. I'm not overly fond of sugar subsidies, nor milk subsidies, although I understand their value. Again...you watch PBS, believe it to be good programming, make no argument regarding HBO's production choices versus those of PBS...and then state that you do not wish to pay for it...at a cost of $1.35.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Goody for you.

I have absolutely no issue with the CPB being funded by the "taxpayers". It's obviously a very small outlay with a huge return.

I don't think the taxpayers should pay for subsidies to oil companies. I'm not overly fond of sugar subsidies, nor milk subsidies, although I understand their value. Again...you watch PBS, believe it to be good programming, make no argument regarding HBO's production choices versus those of PBS...and then state that you do not wish to pay for it...at a cost of $1.35.
I don't like oil subsidies either. Romney addressed this very well in the debate. Obama pissed away 50 years of oil subsidy money on bankrupt Green Energy fiascos, with absolutely nothing to show for it.
Now STFU; this forum is not for discussion of politics.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I don't like oil subsidies either. Romney addressed this very well in the debate. Obama pissed away 50 years of oil subsidy money on bankrupt Green Energy fiascos, with absolutely nothing to show for it.
Now STFU; this forum is not for discussion of politics.
Forum rules allow the discussion to move where it does. PBS was part of the discussion from the very first, as it is Ken Burns' work on PBS that inspired you....so it makes sense that the discussion moved that way. Such is life...and what should be glaringly, sparkling and screamingly in your face obvious to you...I don't take orders from you.

Telling me to STFU will not result in your desired outcome.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Forum rules allow the discussion to move where it does. PBS was part of the discussion from the very first, as it is Ken Burns' work on PBS that inspired you....so it makes sense that the discussion moved that way. Such is life...and what should be glaringly, sparkling and screamingly in your face obvious to you...I don't take orders from you.

Telling me to STFU will not result in your desired outcome.
But ignoring you will.