• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

At least Obama is trying to keep one promise

anti.reptile

Council Member
Amazing how the media isn't even talking about 4 dollar gas. As a former car salesman you would know your younger colleagues will suffer from it

OldGaffer

Governor
Amazing how the media isn't even talking about 4 dollar gas. As a former car salesman you would know your younger colleagues will suffer from it
Nope, they wont, I remember when the 1973 oil embargo spiked gasoline prices towards a dollar, pants wetters were crying the sky is falling. All it did was spur sales of small cars for a year or so and cut sales of large cars for a year or so. It also spurred a 55 mile speed limit, and gas mileage goals set by the EPA. I was called out of retirement in 2009 when GM was bailed out, and have been training and managing new salespeople for the last 3.5 years. The Dealer I work for has just invested in a brand new facility, and is hiring more people. No doom and gloom from me, I will leave that to the pants wetters on the other side of the aisle.

Nope, they wont, I remember when the 1973 oil embargo spiked gasoline prices towards a dollar, pants wetters were crying the sky is falling. All it did was spur sales of small cars for a year or so and cut sales of large cars for a year or so. It also spurred a 55 mile speed limit, and gas mileage goals set by the EPA. I was called out of retirement in 2009 when GM was bailed out, and have been training and managing new salespeople for the last 3.5 years. The Dealer I work for has just invested in a brand new facility, and is hiring more people. No doom and gloom from me, I will leave that to the pants wetters on the other side of the aisle.

With all the dealerships Obama and GM and Chrysler forced out of business it is no great shakes to say business is good at the remaining ones

Bo-4

Senator
Holy Shit it's only $3.50 a gallon in Feb!!!! when prices are traditionally at their lowest..

Please enlighten us how that is a good thing
It's right where gas should be. If gas prices kept up with inflation, it would be around 6 bucks a gallon by now. Thanks largely to Obama, domestic production is way up. As my link above shows, we may see $50 per barrel within two years which would probably mean $2.50 per.

It's right where gas should be. If gas prices kept up with inflation, it would be around 6 bucks a gallon by now. Thanks largely to Obama, domestic production is way up. As my link above shows, we may see $50 per barrel within two years which would probably mean $2.50 per.
Ha ha ha ha heh he he he he ROFLMAO

please tell us what measures Obama has taken to increase domestic production. I hear they are selling clues at the local discount chain you might want to get yourself one

EatTheRich

President
Um, GM and Chrysler have already paid off their entire loans, AND the government now owns a good chunk of GM. And the UAW doesn't get anything from the government that they don't mobilize their union power to take.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Ha ha ha ha heh he he he he ROFLMAO

please tell us what measures Obama has taken to increase domestic production. I hear they are selling clues at the local discount chain you might want to get yourself one

Being absolutely wrong on the facts doesn't seem to bother you in the least.

Oh, wait... You're a Republican, aren't you?

Never mind... ;)