• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Attendees at Trump's rally were economic hostages.

Spamature

President
I keep telling you guys...when everything is an outrage, nothing is. You are numbing everyone to actual bad stuff.

In this case, dudes are being paid to stand/sit around...at union scale.

This rates up there with comparative ice cream scoop count.
You believe people being pressed into the service of a politician's political campaign, they my not agree with, or losing their overtime pay as punishment is a meaningless infringement ?

Why ?

Spamature

President
Trump is such an insecure, narcissistic megalomaniac that he’s terrified by the thought of a Trump hate speech crowd that does not fill the room. I’m sure that’s why they wound up paying people to attend. As a bonus, they paid workers in uniform to attend to help sell the Trump lie about him being good for workers.
Trump knows you have to "garnish" the scam if you want to really pull in the suckers.

Spamature

President
He is very much into the “presentation.”

;-)
It's all about the look, gilding the lily .
Once you get them in the room Trump knows it's the proven way to get the rubes to bite at the hook. It's the same way he picks his cabinet members.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
“Deplorable”??
Show up and get paid not to work or take a free vacation day at home without using personal leave?
That seems like a square deal to me either way.
You even employed?
But not showing up means you will lose your weekly overtime. How is that not being pressed into serving his political campaign ?

Spamature

President
Sounds like they had a choice to me. :)
Yeah I am sure for many of them the the choice was between paying the minimum due or the full balance on their outstanding revolving charges, considering they would lose their overtime for not attending what is essentially a corporate sponsored Trump rally.

Boca

Governor
Attendees at Trump's rally were Economic Hostages
Yeah, bu Biden's NH counter punch rally down the road, about 30, half of them his staffers the other half free cheeseers, weren"t enough for Groper Joe to even show up.

As for your economic hostages crap the place was filled and overflowed
because they now have j.obs that Edited told them we're never coming back

Trump's large union crowd at Shell was given the option of not showing up — and not getting paid

Aug 16, 2019

10:22 AM

The choice for thousands of union workers at Royal Dutch Shell’s petrochemical plant in Beaver County was to either spend Tuesday standing in a giant hall waiting for President Donald Trump to speak, or to take the day off with no pay.

“Your attendance is not mandatory,” read the rules that Shell sent to union leaders a day ahead of the visit to the $6 billion construction site. But only those that showed up at 7 a.m., scanned their cards, and prepared to stand for hours — through lunch but without lunch — would be paid.

“NO SCAN, NO PAY,” the rules said.

Those that decided to sit out the event would have an excused absence, the company said, and would not qualify for overtime pay on Friday. The company has a 56-hour workweek with 16 hours of overtime. That means those workers who attended Mr. Trump’s speech and showed up for work on Friday meeting the overtime threshold are being paid at a rate of time and a half, while those that didn’t go to hear the president are being paid the regular rate, despite the fact that both groups did not do work on the site on Tuesday.

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2019/08/16/Trump-speech-union-crowd-Shell-ethane-plant-natural-gas-beaver-county-pennsylvania-attendance-pay-overtime/stories/201908160113[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
You people are so manipulated by Trump - you will defend ANY and EVERY thing he does, just like clockwork - USUALLY WITHIN MINUTES and he knows that - his loyal base - his group of Minions - and before you say you aren't show one time where you OPENLY disagreed with him on here ( and risk being kicked out of the 10 person club )

Actually it goes like this.

1) One of my leftist base members posts some butthurt 'news' story crying about it.

2) The facts are posted and it's nothing as was originally stated

3) You show up and cry about Trump supporters.

Got it ?

This was a perfect example.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Yeah I am sure for many of them the the choice was between paying the minimum due or the full balance on their outstanding revolving charges, considering they would lose their overtime for not attending what is essentially a corporate sponsored Trump rally.

This leftist butthurt parade was blown to bits soon after it hit the internet.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You believe people being pressed into the service of a politician's political campaign, they my not agree with, or losing their overtime pay as punishment is a meaningless infringement ?

Why ?
Hey, if they don't like it they can always quit...………….Shell said they do this several times a year with guest speakers...7 until 10 was Saftey & Training session……...Progs just mad guest speaker was Trump

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-speech-at-a-shell-plant-drew-thousands-of-workers-they-were-paid-overtime-to-be-there/ar-AAFWIxO?ocid=spartandhp

Read it and keep weeping:)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Doubt it highly.
You have a source for that whopper?
They work 56 weekly and OT starts after 40, it also was a safety & training session from 7 until 10am and Shell does this several times a year...…..he's close but no cigar for spam.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-speech-at-a-shell-plant-drew-thousands-of-workers-they-were-paid-overtime-to-be-there/ar-AAFWIxO?ocid=spartandhp

Hell, when I worked OT government took almost all of it in taxes...….

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
But not showing up means you will lose your weekly overtime. How is that not being pressed into serving his political campaign ?
just for that one day……………...Shell doesn't like employees missing Saftey and Training sessions...……….if you'd have ever had a job that required S&T sessions you'd know that

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Because it was Trump that set the company policy...hahaha. You people are so manipulated by the leftist press that you will attack ANY and EVERY thing he does, whether he actually does it or not.

It's like a constant drone coming from you people. I have never seen a group so invested in hate and misinformation.
then you were sleeping from 2009 to 2017

middleview

President
Supporting Member
just for that one day……………...Shell doesn't like employees missing Saftey and Training sessions...……….if you'd have ever had a job that required S&T sessions you'd know that
doesn' change the facts...they were paid to make Trump look good.

EatTheRich

President
I keep telling you guys...when everything is an outrage, nothing is. You are numbing everyone to actual bad stuff.

In this case, dudes are being paid to stand/sit around...at union scale.

This rates up there with comparative ice cream scoop count.
It’s Typical of fascism ... paying industrial workers to support the government side in a political contest.