• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Attendees at Trump's rally were economic hostages.

Spamature

President
This is essentially forcing private citizens to become part of his election campaign. Deplorable !

Trump's large union crowd at Shell was given the option of not showing up — and not getting paid

Aug 16, 2019

10:22 AM

The choice for thousands of union workers at Royal Dutch Shell’s petrochemical plant in Beaver County was to either spend Tuesday standing in a giant hall waiting for President Donald Trump to speak, or to take the day off with no pay.

“Your attendance is not mandatory,” read the rules that Shell sent to union leaders a day ahead of the visit to the $6 billion construction site. But only those that showed up at 7 a.m., scanned their cards, and prepared to stand for hours — through lunch but without lunch — would be paid.

“NO SCAN, NO PAY,” the rules said.

Those that decided to sit out the event would have an excused absence, the company said, and would not qualify for overtime pay on Friday. The company has a 56-hour workweek with 16 hours of overtime. That means those workers who attended Mr. Trump’s speech and showed up for work on Friday meeting the overtime threshold are being paid at a rate of time and a half, while those that didn’t go to hear the president are being paid the regular rate, despite the fact that both groups did not do work on the site on Tuesday.

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2019/08/16/Trump-speech-union-crowd-Shell-ethane-plant-natural-gas-beaver-county-pennsylvania-attendance-pay-overtime/stories/201908160113

Last edited:

Colorforms

Senator
This is essentially forcing private citizens to become part of his election campaign. Deplorable !

Trump's large union crowd at Shell was given the option of not showing up — and not getting paid

Aug 16, 2019

The choice for thousands of union workers at Royal Dutch Shell’s petrochemical plant in Beaver County was to either spend Tuesday standing in a giant hall waiting for President Donald Trump to speak, or to take the day off with no pay.

“Your attendance is not mandatory,” read the rules that Shell sent to union leaders a day ahead of the visit to the $6 billion construction site. But only those that showed up at 7 a.m., scanned their cards, and prepared to stand for hours — through lunch but without lunch — would be paid.

Those that decided to sit out the event would have an excused absence, the company said, and would not qualify for overtime pay on Friday. The company has a 56-hour workweek with 16 hours of overtime. That means those workers who attended Mr. Trump’s speech and showed up for work on Friday meeting the overtime threshold are being paid at a rate of time and a half, while those that didn’t go to hear the president are being paid the regular rate, despite the fact that both groups did not do work on the site on Tuesday.

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2019/08/16/Trump-speech-union-crowd-Shell-ethane-plant-natural-gas-beaver-county-pennsylvania-attendance-pay-overtime/stories/201908160113
Sounds like they had a choice to me. :)

Caroljo

Senator
Where I worked there were times this happened. If there was an event somewhere that the company supported, we would get the option to go with pay, work your the hours paid, or take the day off unpaid but didn't go against you. That's a good employer.....

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Aug 16, 2019

I keep telling you guys...when everything is an outrage, nothing is. You are numbing everyone to actual bad stuff.

In this case, dudes are being paid to stand/sit around...at union scale.

This rates up there with comparative ice cream scoop count.

Dino

Russian Asset

Aug 16, 2019

“Deplorable”??
Show up and get paid not to work or take a free vacation day at home without using personal leave?
That seems like a square deal to me either way.
You even employed?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
You people are missing he point. It was either check in and go through TORTURE, listing to that blowhard POS tub of lard preen and go on about how great he is....applauding for himself, lying his a** off and making a complete fool of himself. That's torture.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You people are missing he point. It was either check in and go through TORTURE, listing to that blowhard POS tub of lard preen and go on about how great he is....applauding for himself, lying his a** off and making a complete fool of himself. That's torture.
See all those folks in yellow vest, they look as if very attentive of what's being said and torture would be YOU up there speaking.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
They wasn't chained or cuffed, it's clear you've never had a Job
They would have been charged a monetary penalty to not listen to that beta male retard talk at them. That’s a pretty crappy decision to have to make.

*squirts dog with a spray bottle*. BAD DAWG..... BAD DAWG.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
These guys (and gals) are working 16 hours a week of mandatory overtime in jobs that pay enough that with the OT the workers are making six figures. The idea that they wouldn't gladly take one unpaid day off to keep from having to endure a Trump speech is absurd.

Colorforms

Senator
They would have been charged a monetary penalty to not listen to that beta male retard talk at them. That’s a pretty crappy decision to have to make.

*squirts dog with a spray bottle*. BAD DAWG..... BAD DAWG.
I suppose it's not a surprise that fascists have no idea how a company works. That the site would be closed down for the speech and if you're not on site you don't get paid. I suppose you would be fine just paying everyone for standing around doing nothing. That does seem to be today's fascist mentality.

However, it does bother me that a supposed professional "journalist" thought this was news. It's no wonder the US is so indoctrinated against Trump. The propaganda arm of the DNC is something Goebbels would be proud of.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
See all those folks in yellow vest, they look as if very attentive of what's being said and torture would be YOU up there speaking.
The picture I see there is about 1/4 of the people looking the other way, is there another picture somewhere? I especially like the guy with his hands over his eyes/ ears in lower corner. Real question is how many really listened to what he said. I thought Trump didn't need any help getting people to his ego rally's ? So they get the option of no pay or being paid to listen to Trump, well that pretty much goes along with the paid actors in the crowd behind him at his ego rally's, wait you didn't know most are paid to be there and act like that....................Base at 18% and dropping now that Trump admitted tariffs were paid by consumers when he decided to wait until after Christmas.................whoops

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I suppose it's not a surprise that fascists have no idea how a company works. That the site would be closed down for the speech and if you're not on site you don't get paid. I suppose you would be fine just paying everyone for standing around doing nothing. That does seem to be today's fascist mentality.

However, it does bother me that a supposed professional "journalist" thought this was news. It's no wonder the US is so indoctrinated against Trump. The propaganda arm of the DNC is something Goebbels would be proud of.
You people are so manipulated by Trump - you will defend ANY and EVERY thing he does, just like clockwork - USUALLY WITHIN MINUTES and he knows that - his loyal base - his group of Minions - and before you say you aren't show one time where you OPENLY disagreed with him on here ( and risk being kicked out of the 10 person club )

I keep telling you guys...when everything is an outrage, nothing is. You are numbing everyone to actual bad stuff.

In this case, dudes are being paid to stand/sit around...at union scale.

This rates up there with comparative ice cream scoop count.
These people are literally paid to be there.
What? You aren't going to call them a bunch of paidsies?
Hypocrite much?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The picture I see there is about 1/4 of the people looking the other way, is there another picture somewhere? I especially like the guy with his hands over his eyes/ ears in lower corner. Real question is how many really listened to what he said. I thought Trump didn't need any help getting people to his ego rally's ? So they get the option of no pay or being paid to listen to Trump, well that pretty much goes along with the paid actors in the crowd behind him at his ego rally's, wait you didn't know most are paid to be there and act like that....................Base at 18% and dropping now that Trump admitted tariffs were paid by consumers when he decided to wait until after Christmas.................whoops
Of course that's what you see and the guy with hands over eyes probably getting over a night at the bar? If you 1/4th, post the number of employees present______GO. Well, unless deaf 100% there heard what he said.

Spam has you following dead sheep, since you claim to be sensible I'd figured you would know the difference between a RALLY and a PRESIDENT speaking to a company and it's employees, evidently, I was wrong and you nowhere near as sensible as you claim to be.

11,000+ at Trump NH Rally
30 at Biden NH Rally

You Progs are living in frog ponds!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You people are so manipulated by Trump - you will defend ANY and EVERY thing he does, just like clockwork - USUALLY WITHIN MINUTES and he knows that - his loyal base - his group of Minions - and before you say you aren't show one time where you OPENLY disagreed with him on here ( and risk being kicked out of the 10 person club )
I questioned why in hell he wanted to Pardon Blojo was I kicked out of the club and didn't know it?

You People...…….never did same for Barry O :)

Progs may have Clubs here, Cons don't or I'd have been told surely.

Last edited:

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Of course that's what you see and the guy with hands over eyes probably getting over a night at the bar? If you 1/4th, post the number of employees present______GO. Well, unless deaf 100% there heard what he said.

Spam has you following dead sheep, since you claim to be sensible I'd figured you would know the difference between a RALLY and a PRESIDENT speaking to a company and it's employees, evidently, I was wrong and you nowhere near as sensible as you claim to be.

11,000+ at Trump NH Rally
30 at Biden NH Rally

You Progs are living in frog ponds!
I count 42 people in lower part of picture and 17 aren't paying attention........do you now see that?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I count 42 people in lower part of picture and 17 aren't paying attention........do you now see that?
Appears you've never been in a large group of employees! It's laughable that you wasting your time counting people:) Keep counting so you can post accurate number of people at plant.