• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Barack Obama: "Racism is in our DNA"

Mr. Friscus

Governor
The president said while attitudes about race have improved significantly since he was born to a white mother and black father, the legacy of slavery "casts a long shadow and that's still part of our DNA that's passed on."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/US-not-cured-of-racism-its-a-part-of-our-DNA-Barack-Obama-says-citing-legacy-of-slavery/articleshow/47773999.cms

Such creepy language from our president. Phantom, unprovable statements.. this approaches the beginnings of a new religion.

But, I guess when the true racism of law has been long defeated, and barely any residue remains today, the leftists seem to now be leading their people to their own racial "Helms Deep".

So, any converts to the "Racial DNA" Obama religion on Political jack?

Or, can we agree that this statement is at the very least not true and irresponsible to peddle?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I think it's certainly part of his DNA. The man talks about little else...
Do you think Obama was referring to all people's DNA? Or more referring to white people's?

I mean, CNN and MTV, among many other outlets and radial leftist college professors across America say that black people CAN'T be racist.

Eric Holder said as such by saying white people can't be the victims of racial injustice.

I think, once again, Obama was using all-inclusive language with an obvious finger-pointing to one segment of the population.

And, Obama's message is one of defeat. We can never overcome it, it will always exist, it's in our DNA. Combined with the well-known racism industry, Obama and Al Sharpton are high-fiving each other with this one.

However, I await scientific research to back Obama's phantom claims.

Arkady

President
The president said while attitudes about race have improved significantly since he was born to a white mother and black father, the legacy of slavery "casts a long shadow and that's still part of our DNA that's passed on."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/US-not-cured-of-racism-its-a-part-of-our-DNA-Barack-Obama-says-citing-legacy-of-slavery/articleshow/47773999.cms

Such creepy language from our president
Why does that language sound creepy to you? It sound perfectly sensible to me. Obviously, slavery had a terrible legacy that continues to have echoes down through our history.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Why does that language sound creepy to you? It sound perfectly sensible to me. Obviously, slavery had a terrible legacy that continues to have echoes down through our history.
"Racism is in our DNA"

Let that sink in.

That's an absolute statement, by a politician with a lot to gain by stirring up racial division.

Or do you think Obama has scientific credibility and evidence to make such a claim? Can you admit when a person is just BS'ing, rattling off knee-jerk baseless assumptions to fit an agenda? If so, this one ought to really smell.

Has every single human being ever born been "racist"?

Remember, racism means you feel your race is superior to others.

I await this one...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Wait, what? You AGREE entirely?

Gee, who could've imagined such a thing.

#paidDNCshill

J

Joe Hamm

race relations have been set back by 50 years in the last 7.5 years. Thanks to the asshat in the WH that has done nothing to unite and everything to divide.

You call out Americans for calling a spade a spade .You really berate Americans for calling the traitor in the stink house a Muslim .I'm calling you the ignorant one he stated he was a Muslim in 2007 and ever since then. His actions speak louder than words he is a Muslim his apology tour was the biggest shout out of all .His refusing to call these Isis massacres in this country what they are. He is the racist one not,the everyday American he's the one that opened his big mouth and started the race wars,when the young kid Trayvon Martin was killed. He should,have stayed out of it and let the Florida state courts handle it. No your the ignorant one your one that is the racist anti American who thinks shaming his fellow Americans. He may have won the elections because he was black and a man

It Was the Only Way to Get Lazy Africans to Work

Slavery saved them from savagery. White America has nothing to apologize for, except for allowing upper-class race traitors to control what is acceptable speech when talking about our history.

Arkady

President
I think it's certainly part of his DNA. The man talks about little else...
Patently untrue. Take his last SotU address as an example:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/01/12/remarks-president-barack-obama-–-prepared-delivery-state-union-address

6,319 words, of which ONE was "race" (and that part of the unobjectionable sentence "And that’s why we need to reject any politics -- any politics -- that targets people because of race or religion.") The only other sentence touching on race said "Voices that help us see ourselves not, first and foremost, as black or white, or Asian or Latino, not as gay or straight, immigrant or native born, not as Democrat or Republican, but as Americans first, bound by a common creed."

He talks about a great many different things -- immigration, gun violence, pay equality, paid leave, the minimum wage, terrorism, education, war, our values, unemployment, college finance, Social Security, Medicare, unemployment insurance, Wall Street, food stamps, space science, innovation, medical research, carbon pollution, gas prices, transportation reform, international security, the Middle East, Russia and the Ukraine, ISIL, al Qaeda, Ebola, international trade, Cuba, HIV/AIDS, malaria, political compromise, our history, bipartisanship, Gitmo, religion, voting rights, etc. But, if someone so much as MENTIONS race, right-wing racists freak the hell out, and convince themselves that's all that's being talked about.

Arkady

President
race relations have been set back by 50 years in the last 7.5 years.
What, specifically, makes you think that? Remember that 50 years ago, race relations were so horrible that in large parts of the US blacks and whites couldn't even get married to each other.

Arkady

President
It Was the Only Way to Get Lazy Africans to Work

Slavery saved them from savagery. White America has nothing to apologize for, except for allowing upper-class race traitors to control what is acceptable speech when talking about our history.
One of the most fascinating things about the Obama era is how having a black man as president has pulled back the veil on white racism in this country. Racism among stupid white people is, of course, nothing new. But even the stupid ones used to try to veil it. Now the idiots will just flat out praise slavery while regurgitating racist claims.

Last edited:
J

Joe Hamm

What, specifically, makes you think that? Remember that 50 years ago, race relations were so horrible that in large parts of the US blacks and whites couldn't even get married to each other.
Are you illiterate AND ignorant? Liberals really can't read or use facts. He is the racist one not,the everyday American he's the one that opened his big mouth and started the race wars,when the young kid Trayvon Martin was killed. He should,have stayed out of it and let the Florida state courts handle it.

You really berate Americans for calling the traitor in the stink house a Muslim .I'm calling you the ignorant one he stated he was a Muslim in 2007 and ever since then. His actions speak louder than words he is a Muslim his apology tour was the biggest shout out of all .His refusing to call these Isis massacres in this country what they are.

freyasman

Senator

Such creepy language from our president. Phantom, unprovable statements.. this approaches the beginnings of a new religion.

But, I guess when the true racism of law has been long defeated, and barely any residue remains today, the leftists seem to now be leading their people to their own racial "Helms Deep".

So, any converts to the "Racial DNA" Obama religion on Political jack?

Or, can we agree that this statement is at the very least not true and irresponsible to peddle?
What a douchebag.... (smh)

Arkady

President
"Racism is in our DNA"

Let that sink in.
Done. Now, why does that bother you, exactly?

Or do you think Obama has scientific credibility and evidence to make such a claim?
Did you SERIOUSLY take that as a literal claim about genetics within the US?! Really?! Hahhahehehahahaa!

It's a metaphor, bunky. Take a look at it in context:

What is also true is that the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination in almost every institution of our lives — you know, that casts a long shadow. And that's still part of our DNA that's passed on. We're not cured of it..... Societies don't overnight completely erase everything that happened 200-300 years prior.​

Obviously, Americans aren't fundamentally different, genetically, from people in other countries. We didn't somehow get selected for genes encoding more racism than, say, Canadians. That's not what Obama is saying, as should be painfully clear to anyone reading those comments. He's referring to DNA in the metaphorical sense that someone might refer to software's DNA, a car's DNA, a business plan's DNA, a football team's DNA, etc.

http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/colts/colts-luck-winning-is-in-the-teams-dna

I remember the first day I walked into the building (in 2012). It’s a winning franchise and it’s in the DNA of the Colts that you win.​

http://www.christophercoffey.com/oldsite/html/documents/DNAArticle.pdf

Accomplishment is the final component of the team’s DNA. It is the team’s history, it’s track record of success. Past and current success set the stage for future success. Momentum is a valuable thing. There is great satisfaction being part of something special. Equally, it can be very de-motivating to be part of an ongoing losing effort. New teams are fragile. Getting off to a winning start can stimulate a team to put out the extra effort to stay a winner.​

He's talking about racism being a deeply embedded feature of our nation's culture, handed down from early in its history. He's talking about the lingering effects of the traditions of racism in our culture, the same way as the quotations above are talking about lingering effects of traditions in the teams being discussed. That's what he very plainly meant with the "DNA" metaphor, which would be gibberish in context, if you took it literally, since he talks about the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, discrimination, and all that happened 200-300 years ago.

Last edited:

freyasman

Senator
One of the most fascinating things about the Obama era is how having a black man as president has pulled back the veil on white racism in this country. Racism among stupid white people is, of course, nothing new. But even the stupid ones used to try to veil it. Now the idiots will just flat out praise slavery while regurgitating racist claims.
Actually, it has highlighted the racism of black people more than anything else.

Arkady

President
Are you illiterate AND ignorant?
No. As you can see, I'm highly literate and informed.

He should,have stayed out of it and let the Florida state courts handle it.
Why? What makes you think things would have been better if he did? Remember, in the Obama years, violent crime rates have fallen dramatically, with some of the most rapid decline having been in the African American community. That contrasts pretty dramatically with, say, the Reagan/Bush years, when the nation was charging ahead to all-time-record violent crime rates, with blacks leading the way. Don't you think that, just maybe, having someone in the White House they can see as attentive to their concerns may have had a role in the huge improvements since 2008? When you think those in power are listening to you and thinking about legitimate ways to address your problems, despair an nihilism are going to be less inviting than when you're totally alienated from the system. Obviously.
.I'm calling you the ignorant one he stated he was a Muslim in 2007 and ever since then.
Incorrect.

Arkady

President
Getting called a racist twice a week..... by black people.
Odd. I can't recall ever having been called a racist by a black person. Have you considered the possibility that it's something about your behavior that's causing you to be recognized so frequently as a racist?

freyasman

Senator
Odd. I can't recall ever having been called a racist by a black person. Have you considered the possibility that it's something about your behavior that's causing you to be recognized so frequently as a racist?
Cute.... using the word "recognized", rather than "accused" to attempt to re-frame the discussion. :rolleyes: Not really, though...
Have you considered the possibility that many American blacks are extremely racist, and that within the last few years especially have become more and more emboldened in expressing that racism, secure in the knowledge that anyone who objects can simply be bullied or publicly shamed into backing down?
(Unless they happen to be confronting a mean-assed Heathen white guy who doesn't give a fvck about being called racist and is even more violent than they are...... like me, for instance?:cool:)