• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Baracky's BLM did a BANG up job on Bundy's cattle

Zam-Zam

Senator

I'm not on board with Bundy being a hero, I don't see him that way. I do believe, however, that whoever the decision-maker is at the BLM is, that that person has acted in an imbecilic manner that warrants immediate dismissal. History has shown us however that this administration doesn't really do accountability, so I expect no such action. I hope I'm wrong about that.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
20 years this has been waiting for resolution. At least two court cases.

I work in IT, not cattle ranching. I don't know how likely it is for cows to be injured while being driven across desert to holding pens. I don't know if these cows had to be euthanized because they'd broken legs. I don't know how many there were. I've seen pictures of two. I'll wait until Bundy has his lawyer file suit for damages to get a more accurate view of what happened than "dcclothesline".....but I'd doubt he will.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I'm not on board with Bundy being a hero, I don't see him that way. I do believe, however, that whoever the decision-maker is at the BLM is, that that person has acted in an imbecilic manner that warrants immediate dismissal. History has shown us however that this administration doesn't really do accountability, so I expect no such action. I hope I'm wrong about that.
1. BLM went to court twice and won both times.
2. They threatened to carry out the court order for a couple of years. Bundy ignored them.
3. When they sent him paperwork of when they'd actually begin to round up his cattle he called for those valiant "freedom fighters" to help him resist.
4. Since there was a threat of armed resistance the BLM sent armed guards. I don't know what federal agency supplied the manpower. I didn't see their insignia. Could have been federal marshals.

I don't have a problem with anything BLM did. I have a problem with Bundy and his anarchistic attempt to ignore the law and steal public land.

Zam-Zam

Senator
1. BLM went to court twice and won both times.
2. They threatened to carry out the court order for a couple of years. Bundy ignored them.
3. When they sent him paperwork of when they'd actually begin to round up his cattle he called for those valiant "freedom fighters" to help him resist.
4. Since there was a threat of armed resistance the BLM sent armed guards. I don't know what federal agency supplied the manpower. I didn't see their insignia. Could have been federal marshals.

I don't have a problem with anything BLM did. I have a problem with Bundy and his anarchistic attempt to ignore the law and steal public land.

Rather than sending an army with helicopters, they could have simply placed a lein against his property. In court. People in suits. No helicopters. If Bundy wanted to fight it, he would have to fight it in court, without any militia, and likely without much press coverage.

This was handled in an incompetent manner, at considerable taxpayer expense and no measurable beneficial result. It made the BLM look foolish, weak and ineffectual, and left Bundy virtually unscathed. If you want to attempt to spin that into a job well done, be my guest, and good luck.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Rather than sending an army with helicopters, they could have simply placed a lein against his property. In court. People in suits. No helicopters. If Bundy wanted to fight it, he would have to fight it in court, without any militia, and likely without much press coverage.

This was handled in an incompetent manner, at considerable taxpayer expense and no measurable beneficial result. It made the BLM look foolish, weak and ineffectual, and left Bundy virtually unscathed. If you want to attempt to spin that into a job well done, be my guest, and good luck.
In case you missed it, Bundy has lost at least two court cases. He refuses to comply with court orders and called for armed resistance.

There are several ways to proceed. For one I'd get him charged with contempt of court.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

In court. Lost. Now what?

"I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada," Bundy said in a radio interview last Thursday. "I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don’t recognize the United States government as even existing." Ironically, this position directly contradicts Article 1, Section 2 of the Nevada Constitution:

All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection, security and benefit of the people; and they have the right to alter or reform the same whenever the public good may require it. But the Paramount Allegiance of every citizen is due to the Federal Government in the exercise of all its Constitutional powers as the same have been or may be defined by the Supreme Court of the United States; and no power exists in the people of this or any other State of the Federal Union to dissolve their connection therewith or perform any act tending to impair, subvert, or resist the Supreme Authority of the government of the United States. The Constitution of the United States confers full power on the Federal Government to maintain and Perpetuate its existence, and whensoever any portion of the States, or people thereof attempt to secede from the Federal Union, or forcibly resist the Execution of its laws, the Federal Government may, by warrant of the Constitution, employ armed force in compelling obedience to its Authority.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/04/the-irony-of-cliven-bundys-unconstitutional-stand/360587/

Zam-Zam

Senator
In case you missed it, Bundy has lost at least two court cases. He refuses to comply with court orders and called for armed resistance.

There are several ways to proceed. For one I'd get him charged with contempt of court.

What does that have to do with how poorly the BLM handled this? Place a lien on his land, and you're done. Sooner or later, you get paid.

Zam-Zam

Senator
In court. Lost. Now what?

"I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada," Bundy said in a radio interview last Thursday. "I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don’t recognize the United States government as even existing." Ironically, this position directly contradicts Article 1, Section 2 of the Nevada Constitution:

All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection, security and benefit of the people; and they have the right to alter or reform the same whenever the public good may require it. But the Paramount Allegiance of every citizen is due to the Federal Government in the exercise of all its Constitutional powers as the same have been or may be defined by the Supreme Court of the United States; and no power exists in the people of this or any other State of the Federal Union to dissolve their connection therewith or perform any act tending to impair, subvert, or resist the Supreme Authority of the government of the United States. The Constitution of the United States confers full power on the Federal Government to maintain and Perpetuate its existence, and whensoever any portion of the States, or people thereof attempt to secede from the Federal Union, or forcibly resist the Execution of its laws, the Federal Government may, by warrant of the Constitution, employ armed force in compelling obedience to its Authority.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/04/the-irony-of-cliven-bundys-unconstitutional-stand/360587/

You place a lien on his land. Eventually, Bundy passes from this earthly realm, his estate goes to probate, and the government collects. Without any stand-offs, or helicopters, or press coverage, or any of the other nonsense. Is it really that hard to figure out?

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Army? Really? Bundy fought BLM in court and lost. BLM backed down rather than have their own people fired on by right wing militia bozos....I saw them being adult. The "considerable taxpayer expense" should be added to Bundy's tab.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You place a lien on his land. Eventually, Bundy passes from this earthly realm, his estate goes to probate, and the government collects. Without any stand-offs, or helicopters, or press coverage, or any of the other nonsense. Is it really that hard to figure out?
The government files a lien, Bundy's kids call in right wing, wack job militia types and it starts all over again....This has been going on for 20 years. Eventually someone is going to carry out the court order.

Zam-Zam

Senator
The government files a lien, Bundy's kids call in right wing, wack job militia types and it starts all over again....This has been going on for 20 years. Eventually someone is going to carry out the court order.

Once a lien is filed, the only place to fight it is in court.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Once a lien is filed, the only place to fight it is in court.
At considerable expense, the BLM has been to court against Bundy. The court ordered his cattle seized to pay his debt.

You seem to be suggesting that the BLM should wait until the Bundy family decides to voluntarily comply with the law....

I think Bundy should be arrested for contempt of court.