• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Barr appoints top prosecutor to investigate origin of Russia probe farce.

Mick

The Right is always right
*Edited*

Just another right wing witch hunt.
Like "hands up, don't shoot"?

Like "Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress per Buzzfeed"?

Like the "dossier"?

Like "Trump-Russia collusion"?

Like "Kavanaugh is a serial rapist"?

Like "Smollett was beaten up by racist white guys"?

Like "the Covington kids were racist harassers"?

Shall we go on or do you feel humiliated yet?

:D

Mick

The Right is always right
The fat ass has nothing ,what a joke
Kind of like this "nothing" from Mueller himself: “[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

How dare they look into the predicate for the spying and investigations that were started against a campaign that did nothing wrong! The gall of these people!

ROFL

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Like "hands up, don't shoot"?

Like "Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress per Buzzfeed"?

Like the "dossier"?

Like "Trump-Russia collusion"?

Like "Kavanaugh is a serial rapist"?

Like "Smollett was beaten up by racist white guys"?

Like "the Covington kids were racist harassers"?

Shall we go on or do you feel humiliated yet?

:D

Imagine my base. Feeling this used. :eek::eek::eek:

We just assume they are all stupid- so we know they will buy the stories. :D:D

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I figured it would be a headline on all the major pages considering it's getting all the crazy people what they want which is ongoing investigation...

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Durham was charged with investigating the alleged corrupt relationship between law enforcement officers in Boston, Massachusetts with James ‘Whitey’ Bulger, Stephen ‘The Rifleman’ Flemmi and other members of the Irish mob knows as the Winter Hill Gang.

If he helped take out Bulger, members of the mafia & the Teamsters.

This might be a real challenge, those people were small time compared to Comey & Co.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I figured it would be a headline on all the major pages considering it's getting all the crazy people what they want which is ongoing investigation...
An investigation is always righteous in the first person, such as "our investigation." It is only in the third person - "their investigation" - that it becomes a witch hunt.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't it strike readers here is odd that people are reacting negatively to this news? It seems as though because a person has Democrat after their name they are somehow immune from the investigatory process. I thought Russia interfered in our election, shouldn't we all be happy that our law apparatus is blind to party? Or should it be blind to party and if so then me thinks we may be onto something

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Great, I hope they throw Trump and Hillary in jail next to each other, right ?

The right wing seems hell bent on hanging their re-election mantra on Hillary, Hillary, Hillary and the general public DOESN'T CARE ! So keep saying Hillary - 3 times - and click your orthopedic shoes together and maybe you will get your wish !

Nostra

Governor
Looks like this "Hard-Charging Bulldog" was appointed weeks ago.

I predict libs won't like this.

The U.S. attorney appointed to examine the origins of the Russia investigation has been working on his review “for weeks,” a person familiar with the process told Fox News on Tuesday.

Fox News reported on Monday that Attorney General Bill Barr had assigned John Durham, the U.S. attorney in Connecticut, to conduct the inquiry into alleged misconduct and alleged improper government surveillance on the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election, as well as whether Democrats were the ones who improperly colluded with foreign actors.

Durham, known as a “hard-charging, bulldog” prosecutor, according to a source, will focus on the period before Nov. 7, 2016—including the use and assignments of FBI informants, as well as alleged improper issuance of Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants.

Barr first announced that he was reviewing the “conduct” of the FBI’s original Russia investigation during the summer of 2016 last month, following calls from Republicans, and President Trump, to investigate the origins of the probe.

“I am reviewing the conduct of the investigation and trying to get my arms around the aspects of the counterintelligence investigation that was conducted in the summer of 2016,” Barr testified on April 9.

That same day, Fox News learned that Barr had assembled a “team” to investigate the origins of the investigation. A source told Fox News Tuesday that Durham has been working on the investigation “for weeks,” but it is unclear if he was part of the original team assembled by Barr last month.

The FBI’s July 2016 counterintelligence investigation was opened by former senior agent Peter Strzok. Former FBI counsel Lisa Page, with whom Strzok was romantically involved, revealed during a closed-door congressional interview that the FBI “knew so little” about whether allegations against the Trump campaign were “true or not true,” at the time that they opened the probe, noting that they had just “a paucity of evidence because we are just starting down the path” of vetting the allegations. Page later said that it was “entirely common” that the FBI would begin a counterintelligence investigation with just a “small amount of evidence.”

The FBI, at the time, was led by former Director James Comey and former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe—both fired during the Trump administration.

It has been widely reported that in the weeks and months leading up to the 2016 election, the FBI employed informants to probe and extract information from Trump campaign officials.

Earlier this month, The New York Times reported that an investigator working for the U.S. intelligence community posed as a Cambridge University research assistant in September 2016, and tried to probe former Trump foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos on the campaign’s possible ties to Russia.

The investigator, who went by Azra Turk, met with Papadopoulos at a London Bar, where she asked directly whether the Trump campaign was working with Russia. Papadopoulos told Fox News that he saw Turk three times in London: once over drinks, another time over dinner, and then once with Stefan Halper, the Cambridge professor who had been a longtime FBI informant. The Times noted that Turk had apparently been sent to oversee Halper, and possibly provide cover for Halper in the event Turk needed to testify.

Papadopoulos told Fox News earlier this month that he “immediately thought she was an agent, but a Turkish agent, or working with the CIA,” and explained “that’s why I never accepted her overtures and met her again after London…London became a very bizarre hangout spot for me that year.”

Papadopoulos also told Fox News that Turk was trying to “seduce” him in an effort to “make me slip up and say something that they knew I had no info on.”

The role of the informants, however, are also reportedly part of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s review into potential abuses of FISA. Horowitz’s probe began last year, and Fox News has learned that that investigation is nearing completion. Horowitz’s probe is also focused on the FISA warrants issued and recertified for former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-attorney-john-durham-has-been-reviewing-origins-of-russia-probe-for-weeks-source