• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Being President/ Presidential (opinion piece)

Sodak

Council Member
Perhaps you need to look up the definition of ad hominem and also the medical definition of repetitive behavior........

Hmmmm.............?

degsme

Council Member
Perhaps you need to look up the definition of ad hominem and also the medical definition of repetitive behavior........

Hmmmm.............?
Um do I?? here's the definition http://nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html
  1. Person A makes claim X.
  2. Person B makes an attack on person A.
  3. Therefore A's claim is false.
You make a claim about a black man that is not factually supported

So lets see here, I make a claim that your post is indistinguishable from what racists have said about black men in power (That's #1)

Your response is neither to back up your initial claim nor to offer any distinguishment between your claim and that of historic racists... Instead you insult me directly. (That's step #2 and #3)

and they you folloow up with more ad hominem... except this time in the inquisitive suggestive voice so as to avoid exposing yourself to the consequences of attacking a poster directly...

Sodak

Council Member
GWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never fail to amuse me with your opinionated convolutions deeply mired in fallacy and obfuscation.

I'm betting you must be Tartuffe's shadow.

degsme

Council Member
GWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never fail to amuse me with your opinionated convolutions deeply mired in fallacy and obfuscation.

I'm betting you must be Tartuffe's shadow.

Hmm more ad hominem... no actual evidence of any fallacies or obfuscation just hollow accusations... kinda like the ones you level at black leaders

middleview

President
Supporting Member
What is different this time around? They villified Clinton. They spent $60 million trying to find something to pin on him. They (Ken Starr) got info on an affair he was having and turned it over to the legal team for Paula Jones, knowing that either Clinton would lie or he'd be embarrassed by the slander.....does it bother you that taxpayer money was being used to help Paula Jones sue Clinton?

In any case, it worked to paint Gore with the scandals. Obama isn't a serial philanderer. The Clinton strategy won't work. They couldn't make the link to Ayers or Wright hurt him....so this is the alternative. Gridlock.

Obama as CiC has been great. Bin Laden is dead. The majority of AQ leadership in 2009 have been killed or captured...mostly killed. The focus on Afghanistan has crippled AQ there.

What has Obama done I didn't agree with? He compromised with the republicans on the Bush tax cuts, so that he could secure an extension of unemployment benefits. The "Cash for Clunkers" program wasn't worth the money. The tax cuts he has pushed through are not appropriate for helping create jobs. The mandate to buy insurance in the HCRA bill could have been done better. The HCRA should have been 4 different bills addressing each of the issues seperately. The bill was far too complicated as it was passed....

On the other hand, what did Bush do that you didn't approve of?

Sodak

Council Member
Hmm more ad hominem... no actual evidence of any fallacies or obfuscation just hollow accusations... kinda like the ones you level at other posters.

Repetitive behavior is a symptom of Altzheimers.

Got anything NEW?

:-D

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Please get your head out of your butt and do some serious reading on what Bain [and Mitt] did and did not do.

Are you familiar with Staples?

And "we" elected a prez, not a CO, and "we" expect him to act like a prez, not a CO.
Are you familiar with Bain and ToysRUs and Kaybee? How about AmPad?
Bain Capital bought American Pad & Paper Co. for $5 million in 1992. Bain charged Ampad advisory fees, used it to buy a few other office-supply makers and ran the company's debt from $11 million in 1993 to nearly $400 million in 1999. Meanwhile, it acquired an Ampad plant in Marion, Ill., in 1994 and shuttered the 200-worker facility the next year. Ampad went out of business in 2001.

fairsheet

Senator
By their every pronouncement and deed, the current GOP has made it as plain as the noses on our American faces, that they would not cooperate with Obama on anything and at any level. This suggestion that if he was a "leader", he would've compromised more, is silly. No one of relevance, takes that angle seriously anymore.

Personally, I like the fact that Obama hasn't "fallen victim" to the GOP's despicable un-American tactic. Instead, he's turned it to his and our advantage. He routinely offers the GOP exactly what the GOP has been shouting for for years, knowing that the GOP will have no choice but to contradict itself, for the sake of "All Obamahate, all the time".

And again..."the people" are figuring it out, which explains why Obama's and Congress's polling are going in opposite directions.

Sodak

Council Member
Make up your mind. Did they buy AmPad in 1992 or 1994? And how do you charge your own company advisory fees?

So how is Staples doing after their one floundering store rec'd a $25M loan from Bain? Did Staples, thanks to Bain, employ a few people here and there?

degsme

Council Member
Hmm more ad hominem... no actual evidence of any fallacies or obfuscation just hollow accusations... kinda like the ones you level at other posters.

Repetitive behavior is a symptom of Altzheimers.

Got anything NEW?

:-D

Hmm so what does that say about repetitive ad hominem?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Make up your mind. Did they buy AmPad in 1992 or 1994? And how do you charge your own company advisory fees?

So how is Staples doing after their one floundering store rec'd a $25M loan from Bain? Did Staples, thanks to Bain, employ a few people here and there?
Do you know how to use Google?

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Jen,

I think that Obama is a leader. I think that he is as much a leader as Ronald Reagan ever was and much more of a leader than George W. Bush. :rockon::usa:

Is Obama a "great leader"? Time will tell. Generally, that is a judgement of history (after the dust has settled) rather than contemporaries. Lincoln wasn't considered great until after he was assassinated.

We seem to have two different perspectives.

And I suppose you are prepared to say Obama is a great leader?
Really?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sodak

Council Member
Proves your guilt.

Same old image - repetition ad nauseum.

Same old racist charge - repetitive ad nauseum.

Same old ad hominems - repetitive ad nauseum.

Get a new schtick, degs. Google up a new and exciting image. You have become repetitively BORING.

Toodles............. :)

Sodak

Council Member
You bet I do. And I know the answers to the questions I asked. Obviously, you don't know the answers, don't know how to google, or both.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You bet I do. And I know the answers to the questions I asked. Obviously, you don't know the answers, don't know how to google, or both.
Clearly you don't. Is ampad still in business? Did Bain profit while running ampad into massive debt? Did a lot of people lose their jobs?

Sodak

Council Member
Apparently you're avoiding my point with Staples while you desperately attempt to hang on to what you consider a negative against Romney.

Why do you insist on hanging on to one negative while refusing to acknowledge very clear positives. In fact, a positive that far exceeds any negative you can claim about AmPad.

In business as in life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Too bad you're incapable of looking at both sides of the ledger sheet..................
In short, the number of jobs/$$ lost with AmPad cannot begin to compare to the jobs/$$ produced with the opening of every new Staples store.

fairsheet

Senator
Apparently you're avoiding my point with Staples while you desperately attempt to hang on to what you consider a negative against Romney.

Why do you insist on hanging on to one negative while refusing to acknowledge very clear positives. In fact, a positive that far exceeds any negative you can claim about AmPad.

In business as in life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Too bad you're incapable of looking at both sides of the ledger sheet..................
In short, the number of jobs/$$ lost with AmPad cannot begin to compare to the jobs/$$ produced with the opening of every new Staples store.
How does the opening of a Staples store "produce jobs"? I suppose if a Staples store opened in some locale that had zero access to office supplies prior, some jobs might be produced. But...that would require ZERO access prior. Otherwise, the new Staples store wouldn't be producing jobs, it would just be taking them from somewhere else. Of course though...there IS a way a Staples store could "produce jobs", even as it took them from someplace else. But that would require them to take that "someplace else's" market AND operate LESS efficiently than that other place did, thereby causing Staples to hire more people to do the work previously done elsewhere. But....nobody - at least right now - is promoting Mitt's skills and talents around helping companies operate less efficiently.

Sodak

Council Member
Ah, geeze, fair..........my bad!

I guess I must have thought all those new Staples stores might have created new jobs just the same way Solyndra was going to create all those green jobs.

Geeze, what can I say?? :)

fairsheet

Senator
Ah, geeze, fair..........my bad!

I guess I must have thought all those new Staples stores might have created new jobs just the same way Solyndra was going to create all those green jobs.

Geeze, what can I say?? :)
What you CAN say, is how Staples "creates" jobs, rather than snivel-diverting to Solyndra. Even as it may've harshed your buzz a tad, my question is perfectly valid.