• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Being President/ Presidential (opinion piece)

Sodak

Council Member
But, but, fair!

I'm soooo disappointed. Here I believed this dude telling me all about how investing in Solyndra was going to create all these jobs. A HALF-BILLION $$$ and you're saying it didn't "create" any jobs??

You mean investing in Staples didn't create any jobs?? I'm crushed, crushed!! I'll never be a believer again. I've seen the light!!

Now please don't make me feel any worse by telling me Solyndra actually put people OUT OF WORK!! I don't think I could survive bad news like that.................

fairsheet

Senator
But, but, fair!

I'm soooo disappointed. Here I believed this dude telling me all about how investing in Solyndra was going to create all these jobs. A HALF-BILLION $$$ and you're saying it didn't "create" any jobs??

You mean investing in Staples didn't create any jobs?? I'm crushed, crushed!! I'll never be a believer again. I've seen the light!!

Now please don't make me feel any worse by telling me Solyndra actually put people OUT OF WORK!! I don't think I could survive bad news like that.................
It would've been nice if you'd just said...Gee, I hadn't thought of it that way! For the most part, American retail is at best, a zero sum game. If we build a new retail outlet here, we close one there. I say "at best", because the newer outlets tend - as they should - to be more efficient than the ones they replace. So, new retail outlets tend to represent a net job loss, rather than actually producing "new jobs". But, there's also an upside to American retail. It's domestic, practically by definition. We still can't "off shore" a WalMart, or a Staples, or a McDonalds. And, that suggests we should be especially diligent about maintaining family wage jobs, in the context of American retail.

gabriel

Governor
3 years without firm leadership? lol. i dont call lying to his own people to take them into an illegal war leadership!!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Apparently you're avoiding my point with Staples while you desperately attempt to hang on to what you consider a negative against Romney.

Why do you insist on hanging on to one negative while refusing to acknowledge very clear positives. In fact, a positive that far exceeds any negative you can claim about AmPad.

In business as in life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Too bad you're incapable of looking at both sides of the ledger sheet..................
In short, the number of jobs/$$ lost with AmPad cannot begin to compare to the jobs/$$ produced with the opening of every new Staples store.
You are apparently avoiding my point. Romney & Co. ran up the debt on one company, paid themselves a ton of money, and left the company in far worse shape that eventually killed the company. You're priority is to say good things about Mitt and that will require that anything bad must be ignored or downplayed.....so you want to say that the jobs lost at ampad were offset by the jobs at Staples. One has nothing to do with the other and there were certainly other instances of Bain raiding companies and leaving them in debt and weaker than before. That is how LBO's work. Mitt didn't give a shitt about jobs. It was about making money for Bain. Toys R Us and Kaybee stores are similar disasters for the workers there. There used to be three Toys R Us stores near my home. They are all closed now....maybe the workers found jobs at Staples stores, eh?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
But, but, fair!

I'm soooo disappointed. Here I believed this dude telling me all about how investing in Solyndra was going to create all these jobs. A HALF-BILLION $$$ and you're saying it didn't "create" any jobs??.....
So a new manufacturing facility is just transferring jobs from one manufacturer to another? You don't see the difference between staples and solyndra because you don't want to. The Chinese are subsidizing their solar and wind energy equipment manufacturing and that is why solyndra took a hit. The communists are throwing money at their industries and don't expect the money to paid back for years, because they are looking further down the track than 6 months or the next quarter. You can use solyndra to bash Obama but the truth is that if we want to compete we have to do what we can to either offset the effects of those government subsidies with import duties or we have to subsidize our manufacturers as they do.

Sodak

Council Member
Translation: Solyndra failed to create jobs with oodles of gov't investment and Staples created 1000s of jobs with private investment.

But I give you both 5 stars for great spin and diversionary tactics.

Good show, guys! Carry on!

:D

And I suppose you are prepared to say Obama is a great leader?
Really?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Only History will tell us that... with the world econ. during his 3 years, we really don't know yet if those decision were right or not. I'm sure the right wouldn't agree with that... but, at no time in History has a President taken on the mess that he did. Lately, we are seeing positive signs the econ. is turning. The right can't see that.... for sure.