• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bernie calls Warren's bluff

BobbyT

Governor
the same way you know shes not.

further...because when challenged, she relented....bernie didnt allow it to pass.

so, immediately everybody is a sexist who does not support the unsubstantiated, simpley because a woman said it?
I don't know one way or another. Neither do you. Whether she "relented" or simply declined to pursue is also something neither of us knows. Yet you leapt to deciding she's "making shit up." Why you leapt to that conclusion is open for speculation.

BobbyT

Governor
so she gets to just say it, and it should go unchallenged? and persons who disagree with it are tagged sexist?

B
It didn't go unchallenged. It was challenged by the only other person in a position to know whether it's true. You aren't that person. You merely decided whom you want to believe, for whatever reason you chose to believe him.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
so she gets to just say it, and it should go unchallenged? and persons who disagree with it are tagged sexist?

B
Give it up. Two people have 2 different recollections of a conversation.....and you jump to calling the woman the liar. That's so rightwing Trumpian.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know one way or another. Neither do you. Whether she "relented" or simply declined to pursue is also something neither of us knows. Yet you leapt to deciding she's "making shit up." Why you leapt to that conclusion is open for speculation.
actually it's not.

she asserted in days prior. bernie denied. is the assertion invalid...and her having said it...means no one can speak on it?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It didn't go unchallenged. It was challenged by the only other person in a position to know whether it's true. You aren't that person. You merely decided whom you want to believe, for whatever reason you chose to believe him.
i chose to believe him, because when he was challenged with the assertion, he flatly denied it occurred, and then she relented...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
in case you hadn't heard, a few days ago Elizabeth Warren asserted that years ago Bernie Sanders told her that a woman could not be elected president. Yesterday during the debate Bernie Sanders denied that that ever occurred.

Seems to me over the last few days Elizabeth Warren elected to go the make some shit up route. Yesterday during the debate Bernie called her on it. She apparently relented, rather than affirming factually that it happened.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/jan/14/democratic-debate-live-news-tonight-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-biden-latest-updates-2020
I didn't watch the debate. Did catch snippets and commentary about that exchange later. My take is a little different than yours. I see it as a tactical strike by EW and I believe her. I believe he probably did tell her he didn't think a woman could win. She's been slipping a bit in the early state polls. Iowa,NH and Nevada are coming up. Amy Klobuchar is probably not gonna hit the 15% threshhold in the Iowa and NV caucus and EW is looking to pick up her supporters. The Bernie/Warren thing ate up the news cycle for 2 days. If there's a bump to be had for her,she'll get it. For better or worse,nuts-and-bolts policy wonk is her strength. I think she just wanted to get back to that last night.

BobbyT

Governor
I didn't watch the debate. Did catch snippets and commentary about that exchange later. My take is a little different than yours. I see it as a tactical strike by EW and I believe her. I believe he probably did tell her he didn't think a woman could win. She's been slipping a bit in the early state polls. Iowa,NH and Nevada are coming up. Amy Klobuchar is probably not gonna hit the 15% threshhold in the Iowa and NV caucus and EW is looking to pick up her supporters. The Bernie/Warren thing ate up the news cycle for 2 days. If there's a bump to be had for her,she'll get it. For better or worse,nuts-and-bolts policy wonk is her strength. I think she just wanted to get back to that last night.
I think he said it too. Not in a "a woman can't win because women aren't capable" way but rather in a "a woman can't win because of the misogynistic state of American voters in this moment" way.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

fair.,

RickWA

Snagglesooth
in case you hadn't heard, a few days ago Elizabeth Warren asserted that years ago Bernie Sanders told her that a woman could not be elected president. Yesterday during the debate Bernie Sanders denied that that ever occurred.

Seems to me over the last few days Elizabeth Warren elected to go the make some shit up route. Yesterday during the debate Bernie called her on it. She apparently relented, rather than affirming factually that it happened.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/jan/14/democratic-debate-live-news-tonight-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-biden-latest-updates-2020
Boy, would she fit right in on PJ. o_O

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks for the link btw. I hadn't seen that little post-debate exchange. Look at the look on both their faces before the video starts. They didn't smoke the peace pipe. Hard feelings linger.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Correct. And those who do say something about it are open to having their motives for their positions questioned. Such is the nature of a discussion.
surely.

it's the silly backhands i disagree with..

my motive isnt driven by the fact any persone is a male or a female.
and i take issue with those that blurt such a thing out...and call it a discussion

you arent such a person are you?