• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bernie Sanders (NOT dead of corona) drops White House quest

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Adults are posting here Boy...…….take you Beto avatar and go run over some kids with your car...………….you do have a car don't you?
I’m an adult. A better looking, younger, more successful adult. Have a nice day. :)

I would prefer Biden over Bernie any day but my confusion with this is Bernie was in 2nd place. Why would the person in 2nd drop out?

I am not wishing anything bad on Biden ever but what if something happened to Biden. He gets Coronavirus and passes away. Then the democrats go and pick their nominee when it could have been Bernie sitting there with the most delegates.

There was no logical reason for him to drop out.
The DNC.

jack4...…………..after all this time I've never seen posted or heard of "4 million"...…….she had almost 3 million more votes, but, you know as I know POTUS isn't elected due to popular vote.

Where you getting this "4 million" figure?
Hillary swept california, due to voting irregularities and no voter ID. this is why she was shocked she lost overall. California is the new chicago when it comes to vote chicanery.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The remaining primary calendar is a logical reason. Indiana is the only fairly big state left that he won in 2016. He's already lost 7 states that he won in 2016 and only won 2 that he lost in 2016. NY,PA,OH,NJ and GA are still on the calendar this year. He didn't come close in any of those states in 2016. He can draw big crowds at rallies but that doesn't extrapolate to voters on election day. The math is worse for him this year than it was in 2016.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
Bernie never had a chance. Ever.

Why ? Because he is not afraid to speak and say what leftists REALLY want. Power, and control over everyones life.

We can't have someone so brazenly be out in the open with that crap. Gotta hide it behind the scenes.

Remember- to win as a leftist- you must pretend to be a Conservative on some issues.
We fool more voters that way.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Hillary swept california, due to voting irregularities and no voter ID. this is why she was shocked she lost overall. California is the new chicago when it comes to vote chicanery.
Yep and LA county alone has more voters than several states

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The remaining primary calendar is a logical reason. Indiana is the only fairly big state left that he won in 2016. He's already lost 7 states that he won in 2016 and only won 2 that he lost in 2016. NY,PA,OH,NJ and GA are still on the calendar this year. He didn't come close in any of those states in 2016. He can draw big crowds at rallies but that doesn't extrapolate to voters on election day. The math is worse for him this year than it was in 2016.
Whats up with the deal he's keeping his delegates?

Guerrilla Radio

Council Member
Whats up with the deal he's keeping his delegates?
He's keeping his delegates for a potential to change the DNC yet again. Further, who knows with Biden. THe man can't even read notes on a scrap piece of paper.

He may well die.

They're doing everything they can to crush the populist left.

It will not work.

And we will never vote for Biden.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I would prefer Biden over Bernie any day but my confusion with this is Bernie was in 2nd place. Why would the person in 2nd drop out?

I am not wishing anything bad on Biden ever but what if something happened to Biden. He gets Coronavirus and passes away. Then the democrats go and pick their nominee when it could have been Bernie sitting there with the most delegates.

It was the math. Bernie knew that even if he remained in the race, he couldn't get the numbers to overcome Biden.

Guerrilla Radio

Council Member
It was the math. Bernie knew that even if he remained in the race, he couldn't get the numbers to overcome Biden.
It was a bad decision. The DNC immediately flipped, including Lyin' Joe, who immediately said "Oh, we shouldn't have had the WI election!" Right after he supported the idea of the election going forward.

Sanders' failure in coalescing the party in the face of a literal media tidal wave was what did him in, and, progressives underestimating how hated hillary clinton is.

As a new deal democrat, I supported Sanders. I am waiting to see if Biden pivots; but this pandemic has almost sealed me as a single issue voter. I refuse to support Obamacare, and I refuse to support a public option.

Everyone needs healthcare. The boom to the economy would be a massive benefit. And the discussion would finally be settled on the matter.

If Biden remains anti-single payer, he will not earn my vote. I don't care for Sanders' immigration plans. I don't care for Biden's either. Biden doesn't support 90% of the issues I care about.

Further, Biden is alienating the youth. An ASTOUNDING rift has become massively apparent in the democratic party. 70% of people under 50 voted for Bernie. And equally astounding number of older folks voted for Joe Biden.

The issue here is that the party constituency is DENYING it's youth and thus its future. An entire generation of people have no known nothing but endless middle east war, endless corporate bailouts, 2 economic catastrophes, and this generation has born the brunt of the losses.

The democrats refusing to support the future of the party is an astounding, egregious betrayal.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
It was a bad decision. The DNC immediately flipped, including Lyin' Joe, who immediately said "Oh, we shouldn't have had the WI election!" Right after he supported the idea of the election going forward.

Sanders' failure in coalescing the party in the face of a literal media tidal wave was what did him in, and, progressives underestimating how hated hillary clinton is.

As a new deal democrat, I supported Sanders. I am waiting to see if Biden pivots; but this pandemic has almost sealed me as a single issue voter. I refuse to support Obamacare, and I refuse to support a public option.

Everyone needs healthcare. The boom to the economy would be a massive benefit. And the discussion would finally be settled on the matter.

If Biden remains anti-single payer, he will not earn my vote. I don't care for Sanders' immigration plans. I don't care for Biden's either. Biden doesn't support 90% of the issues I care about.

Further, Biden is alienating the youth. An ASTOUNDING rift has become massively apparent in the democratic party. 70% of people under 50 voted for Bernie. And equally astounding number of older folks voted for Joe Biden.

The issue here is that the party constituency is DENYING it's youth and thus its future. An entire generation of people have no known nothing but endless middle east war, endless corporate bailouts, 2 economic catastrophes, and this generation has born the brunt of the losses.

The democrats refusing to support the future of the party is an astounding, egregious betrayal.
Sanders isn't a Democrat. He just played one in 2016 and 2020 to run in their primary.
Democratic primary voters went for the life-long Democrat who would also appeal to the Republicans and Independents who want to vote blue to oust Trump. They wouldn't have voted for Sanders.

Guerrilla Radio

Council Member
Sanders isn't a Democrat. He just played one in 2016 and 2020 to run in their primary.
Democratic primary voters went for the life-long Democrat who would also appeal to the Republicans and Independents who want to vote blue to oust Trump. They wouldn't have voted for Sanders.
Sanders votes reliably with democrats, but the most important bit here, is that you're not answering the data.

70% of young Democrats voted for Senator Sanders. That is the future of the party, like it or not.

I'll go further and estimate that the label "democrat" in the sense you're using here, is irrelevant.

Biden didn't appeal to independents. Sanders won that demographic. Appealing to "republicans" who dislike Trump is appealing to a very narrow minority of voters who are actively against the literal future of the democratic party.

"VBNMW" is simple blackmail. The left has a fundamental issue with understanding power. Power is realized when the democrats have to cede their pro-corporation, anti-worker platform to earn the votes of the left.

This is why you will see less progressive support than in 2016. The push now among the left, and justly so, is to stay home or support the greens.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Sanders votes reliably with democrats, but the most important bit here, is that you're not answering the data.

70% of young Democrats voted for Senator Sanders. That is the future of the party, like it or not.

I'll go further and estimate that the label "democrat" in the sense you're using here, is irrelevant.

Biden didn't appeal to independents. Sanders won that demographic. Appealing to "republicans" who dislike Trump is appealing to a very narrow minority of voters who are actively against the literal future of the democratic party.

"VBNMW" is simple blackmail. The left has a fundamental issue with understanding power. Power is realized when the democrats have to cede their pro-corporation, anti-worker platform to earn the votes of the left.

This is why you will see less progressive support than in 2016. The push now among the left, and justly so, is to stay home or support the greens.
Many of Sanders’ positions will be supported by Biden in the upcoming election. I doubt if many of Bernies supporters will embrace Trump by not voting, voting for Trump or voting for loser Green Party.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

That's what's wrong with Sanders and his supporters. Trump has seriously damaged our democracy.....and they don't seem to care.....and would be willing to give Trump another 4 years.
You're not a Russian bot, are you?

Guerrilla Radio

Council Member
That's what's wrong with Sanders and his supporters. Trump has seriously damaged our democracy.....and they don't seem to care.....and would be willing to give Trump another 4 years.
You're not a Russian bot, are you?
Of course I am no Russian bot, please.

Yes, Trump has actively damaged democracy. But it's time for introspective ruminations, no?

What did Obama do to stop the destruction of our democracy by republicans in his second term? Nothing. What did Obama do to support the upswell in populist movements under Occupy, to get a single payer provision - He sent bulldozers into zuccotti park, is what he did.

I've asked this question of democrats left and right.

What reason can you give me to vote for a guy like Joe Biden, who's record is horrific, and who has nothing but extreme disdain for younger voters like me? His generation has exerted a horrific toll on mine, thus the massive difference between support.

Forging a coalition requires making concessions. Biden's turn. Bernie failed to do that, and thus the route of his campaign by a roughshod ramshackle effigy of centrist-suburbanite republicans and moderate democrats.

I find it amusing, supremely so, the hubris on display by democrats. No one owes you their vote, least of which is the left, which has been collectively scorned by the DNC power structure and their lie peddlers in the MSM.

So. Biden has his work cut out for him. Make no mistake. It is not on Bernie to convince me to vote for Biden.

It is on BIDEN to convince me to vote for him - and he is doing a wonderful job of making me not want to vote for him.

As a final point, I think you need to be honest about what comes after this. If Trump is re-elected, progressives AND democrats are going to be outraged. If Biden wins ONLY Progressives are outraged.

The way I see it, it is more valuable to me, since Biden is incapable of supporting my policy positions, that the democrat lose in 2020.

Guerrilla Radio

Council Member
Many of Sanders’ positions will be supported by Biden in the upcoming election. I doubt if many of Bernies supporters will embrace Trump by not voting, voting for Trump or voting for loser Green Party.
Biden has to support Single Payer. If he fails to do so, then he will not garner enough support to make up for the impending voter suppression apocalypse that is about to be unleashed by GOP governors in swing states.

The DNC is one cog in the machine. Sanders dropped out because Obama played his hand. The party is entirely too beholden to Barack Obama. He was a shit president, after all.
Barack Obama was just the dumb front man. The party is still run by the Clinton, Soros, and Biden crime families.