• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Between top posts that cons are evil/hateful and that they are unintelligent

RickWA

Snagglesooth
it becomes increasingly apparent that some folks are vested neither in persuasion nor peaceful coexistence and mutual respect. Even mere ridicule doesn't seem to suffice.

It's one thing to hold fast to an opinion - however disrespectful and unkind it may be. It is quite another to actively work to recruit others to that sentiment.

Be good, be kind, be respectful. Happy Sunday!

Lapcat

Governor
Nice thought/sentiment, Rick. But please....

remember who you're talkin to there.....lol.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
it becomes increasingly apparent that some folks are vested neither in persuasion nor peaceful coexistence and mutual respect. Even mere ridicule doesn't seem to suffice.

It's one thing to hold fast to an opinion - however disrespectful and unkind it may be. It is quite another to actively work to recruit others to that sentiment.

Between top posts that cons are evil/hateful and unintelligent are many more posts saying that Liberals are evil/hateful and unintelligent. Check it out.

Lobato1

Mayor
Last 48 hours of Florida GOP primary showed how very respectful GOPers are huh?

& that respectful crap has spilled over into this PJ forum blaming Dem/Libs for it.

Or does it only work one way?

Best Regards
Lobato1

Jen

Senator
I agree, Rick. To strive to treat others with respect even if we disagree with them is a good goal.

Lobato1

Mayor
English ain't your 1st language & couldn't understand TP huh?

Nowhere does this poster blame Cons for the disrespectful crap that is being thrown in this forum.

Or did that little detail escape your attention?

& in the poster's words not mine:

Between top posts that cons are evil/hateful and that they are unintelligent

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Lobato,

I am speaking now as a fellow poster and not as a "moderator." I know both RickWa and Jen. My guess is that both of them would agree that both sides are "sinful" and have been "guilty of throwing stones." However, I also think that you have a point that Rick and Jen's comments might be interpreted as laying the fault entirely on the "left." But rather than accusing either them of hypocrisy, I think that it is better to ask them whether that is what they meant and whether they might have noticed any stone throwing from the right.

I agree, Rick. To strive to treat others with respect even if we disagree with them is a good goal.

Lobato1

Mayor
Thinking I may know how Jen thinks, you may just be right on Jen

& if so, obviously I over reacted by taking too literally what Jen wrote.

BUT I don't have the least doubt of what was written by the TP & that I have quoted verbatim

Best Regards
Lobato1

Lobato,

I am speaking now as a fellow poster and not as a "moderator." I know both RickWa and Jen. My guess is that both of them would agree that both sides are "sinful" and have been "guilty of throwing stones." However, I also think that you have a point that Rick and Jen's comments might be interpreted as laying the fault entirely on the "left." But rather than accusing either them of hypocrisy, I think that it is better to ask them whether that is what they meant and whether they might have noticed any stone throwing from the right.

Jen

Senator
Lobato, dear...........the top post was regarding several top posts out there indicating that cons are evil, hateful, and unintelligent. Are you of the opinion that nobody has the right to rebut those kinds of statements? Is that fair? That someone can say that cons are evil and nobody should be allowed to disagree with that or they receive your ire?

I thought Rick's statement in rebuttal to the top posts that cons are evil, hateful and unintelligent was done tastefully and I agree with it. I hope you agree with Rick's right to make the statement and mine to agree.

What would be "sad" is if you would deny us right of response. And yes. English is my first language.

Very best regards
Jen

Nowhere does this poster blame Cons for the disrespectful crap that is being thrown in this forum.

Or did that little detail escape your attention?

& in the poster's words not mine:

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I made the post in another forum and it was moved. Had it remained where I posted it, folks would see that it was made in response to two posts - the first a rant about conservatives being nothing but shriveled husks of hatred. The other was a top posted "scientific" piece about conservatives being intellectually inferior.

Those who protest what I wrote should feel free to interject in THOSE posts as well. :)

In any case, I need not reference chocolate ice cream when posting of the virtues of strawberry. I just wish it was popular sentiment here for rank and file posters to police their own once in a while - as well as practice more kindness and respect toward others.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
BTW: odd, isn't it, that when I make a post protesting two top posts referencing conservatives universally as "haters" and as unintelligent that MY post is uprooted and relocated while the initiating posts are left in place.

Makes perfect sense, right? :-/

Council Member

You are Joking right, I can name 10 people from your side that have never posted anything but Hate Obama, Hate Liberals, Liberals are unpatriotic, liberals hate god, Liberals are stupid, and you come on here crying about republicans are being slammed, now that is funny. RFLOL

Council Member
I made the post in another forum and it was moved. Had it remained where I posted it, folks would see that it was made in response to two posts - the first a rant about conservatives being nothing but shriveled husks of hatred. The other was a top posted "scientific" piece about conservatives being intellectually inferior.

Those who protest what I wrote should feel free to interject in THOSE posts as well. :)

In any case, I need not reference chocolate ice cream when posting of the virtues of strawberry. I just wish it was popular sentiment here for rank and file posters to police their own once in a while - as well as practice more kindness and respect toward others.
I don't know who posted that but did you give them a star Rick?

Council Member
Lobato, dear...........the top post was regarding several top posts out there indicating that cons are evil, hateful, and unintelligent. Are you of the opinion that nobody has the right to rebut those kinds of statements? Is that fair? That someone can say that cons are evil and nobody should be allowed to disagree with that or they receive your ire?

I thought Rick's statement in rebuttal to the top posts that cons are evil, hateful and unintelligent was done tastefully and I agree with it. I hope you agree with Rick's right to make the statement and mine to agree.

What would be "sad" is if you would deny us right of response. And yes. English is my first language.

Very best regards
Jen
Dear Jen, I hate to tell you this but there are like 4 to one of hate posters coming from your side. That being established, The item wasn't directed at stopping hate postings, it was directed at stopping left wing hate postings like it's not right. It is your side who does not want to discuss the items, but wants niceness coming from the left to the right.

Try to reap what you sow first, then you would have a case.

Council Member

Very best regards
Jen
How can you make a point by lying to yourself that something is true. Respectfully speaking what Rick wrote was a pure garbage response.
Kind of like pointing out that I splashed mud on your pants after you just burnt down my house and "saying how could you, to me".

Sodak

Council Member
Exactly right. It doesn't matter how rational, thoughtful or well written a TP may be, it doesn't matter who writes it or which side of the fence they sit, eventually and usually quickly the thread will deteriorate into a mud slinging contest.

And that's a shame.

It's the primary reason I rarely post these days.