• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Biden admits he lied about arrest when visiting Nelson Mandela

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member

Former Vice President Joe Biden reversed course Friday on his claim that he was arrested in South Africa during apartheid -- saying instead that he was simply “stopped” and not allowed to “move where I wanted to go” as he sought to meet with Nelson Mandela.

“When I said ‘arrested’ I meant I was not able to move, cops would not let me go with them and made me stay where I was. I guess I wasn’t arrested, I was stopped, I was not able to move where I wanted to go,” he said on CNN.

Biden had claimed on multiple occasions in recent weeks that he was arrested three decades ago as he sought to visit Mandela on a trip to South Africa.

“This day, 30 years ago, Nelson Mandela walked out of prison and entered into discussions about apartheid,” Biden said at a campaign event in South Carolina, as reported by The New York Times. “I had the great honor of meeting him. I had the great honor of being arrested with our U.N. ambassador on the streets of Soweto trying to get to see him on Robbens Island.”

poor, crazy Joe. I really do feel sorry for him now. He's just nutz.