• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Biden's head-turning comments on Asians resurface

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So, YOU know more about what does and doesnt offend people of Asian descent, than they do.

I guess you know more about what does and doest offend African Americans too, huh.

And I see you 'forgot' the part where Obama BANNED the word from all government documents, etc.
Banned what word? Orient? Got a link to that?

What you've posted is that a chinese woman doesn't like being called oriental. Who did Biden call Oriental?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
perhaps you should ask this person of Asian descent...

Reality star Dorothy Wang: Don't call me oriental
Dorothy says in the caption she thinks using the word oriental shows "racial insensitivity" and has even been "referred to as the 'Japanese friend' when they know I'm Chinese."

"My culture and my race is something I've always been proud of and I'm tired of it being used as a 'joke' or as a tool to belittle or diminish me".

In America, to use the word oriental to describe someone is considered offensive.

Oh, almost forgot THIS little gem, from the same article...

In 2016, President Barack Obama banned the word from being used in federal laws.
Who did Biden call Oriental?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Banned what word? Orient? Got a link to that?

What you've posted is that a chinese woman doesn't like being called oriental. Who did Biden call Oriental?
it was in the freaking article I linked to. Go back and read it.

But, since you'll just whine, cry and scream like a little bitch that I'm lying, here's a piece from CNN. You know, that bastion of conservatism and Trump support...
U.S. government to stop using these words to refer to minorities

The federal government will no longer use the terms "Negro" and "Oriental" after President Barack Obama signed a bill into law.

The official terms will be African-American and Asian-American. Welcome to 2016.
In a rare show of bipartisan support, the measure H.R.4238, passed unanimously in the House of Representatives and the Senate earlier this year. Obama signed it into law Friday.

The measure updates the terms the U.S. federal government uses to describe minorities, including American Indian to Native American and "Spanish speaking individual of Spanish descent" to Hispanic.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
it was in the freaking article I linked to. Go back and read it.

But, since you'll just whine, cry and scream like a little bitch that I'm lying, here's a piece from CNN. You know, that bastion of conservatism and Trump support...
U.S. government to stop using these words to refer to minorities

The federal government will no longer use the terms "Negro" and "Oriental" after President Barack Obama signed a bill into law.

The official terms will be African-American and Asian-American. Welcome to 2016.
In a rare show of bipartisan support, the measure H.R.4238, passed unanimously in the House of Representatives and the Senate earlier this year. Obama signed it into law Friday.

The measure updates the terms the U.S. federal government uses to describe minorities, including American Indian to Native American and "Spanish speaking individual of Spanish descent" to Hispanic.
SO you lied. Obama didn't say "don't use the word ORIENT".

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
1. Trump isn't trying to unite us. His entire agenda is one of division.
2. The RNC policy of hate, white supremacy, anti-islam and anti-civilization is hardly a course for success.

Trump is the most divisive president I've known of...in any country.
If you don't start showing some improvement, in your learning curve, very quickly, I'm going to stop trying to help you.

amid former VP's attacks on Trump 'xenophobia'

Republicans are highlighting Joe Biden's past head-turning comments concerning Asian Americans after the former vice president co-authored an op-ed this week accusing President Trump of "needlessly" and "cruelly" scapegoating foreigners during the coronavirus pandemic.

Earlier this year, the former vice president hit Trump for "xenophobia" within hours of his January ban on most travel from China -- a policy that Biden and outside observers have since acknowledged was the right call. In their new op-ed, published by NBC News, Biden and Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., take a somewhat different approach.

“Joe Biden has disregarded and ridiculed the Asian Pacific American community while President Trump and Republicans continue to champion Asian Pacific Americans, build meaningful relationships, and honor their heritage, sacrifices, and accomplishments," Republican National Committee (RNC) Asian Pacific Americans (APA) media director Marina Tse told Fox News.

Biden publicly claimed during a campaign stop in 2019, for example, that "xenophobia" keeps Japanese women employed.

“You cannot succeed as a country if you leave more than half of your brainpower on the sidelines,” Biden said in South Carolina. “Japan is in a position where traditionally women are as well-educated as men, but the tradition was, once they had a child, they were to drop out of the job market. ... There’s an entire move, because they’re xenophobic — because they don’t want to invite other people from outside their country to come in and make up the workforce — they have fewer workers than they have a need for workers. And so, what they’ve done is they’ve decided to encourage women to stay in the job market."

And the Washington Post reported in 2014 that Biden flubbed a story about his meeting with former Singapore prime minister Lee Kuan Yew, just hours after he walked back his decision to employ the term "Shylocks" following criticism from Jewish groups.

"On the way back from Mumbai to go meet with President Xi in China, I stopped in Singapore to meet with a guy named Lee Kuan Yew, who most foreign policy experts around the world say is the wisest man in the Orient," Biden told voters.

The use of the term "Orient" enraged some Asian Americans on social media, the Post reported.

In 2011, the Post noted that Biden appeared to praise China's one-child policy, which has "rested on coercion, including forced sterilization and abortion." The vice president's office later clarified that he had not intended to do so.

“Your policy has been one which I fully understand — I’m not second-guessing — of one child per family,” Biden said.

And in 2013, Biden asked several Japanese women at an Internet company: “Do your husbands like you working full-time?”

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, liberals, and......> DEFEND or DEFLECT!
I guess on could say that Biden has been Dis-Oriented...

Defend what? Your interpretation of what was said is idiotic or based on a lie. Biden did not call the travel ban xenophobic. He called Trump xenophobic for statements like "The Chinese flu". "The wisest man in the Orient" is racist how? That part of the world has been called the orient for a couple hundred years. Biden didn't praise the Chinese policy, he said he would second guess it.
You're so full of it. How can you defend the idiot. Did he visit any 7-11's while he was hugging the oriental babes?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You're so full of it. How can you defend the idiot. Did he visit any 7-11's while he was hugging the oriental babes?
The idiot is the current president....windmills cause cancer? Really? Is Mexico paying for the wall? Has covid disappeared as he predicted it would?

100,000 dead and he said months ago that we had nothing to worry about.

You go nuts about Biden using a term for the far east that has been used for well over a hundred years...because you smell defeat. Trump is going to lose and you are going to lose what little mind you have.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I don't put anyone on ignore. That might make me forget how lame and unprepared for this sort of forum, you are.
Ah, but you do seem to forget how lame and unprepared your own posts make you....

Still think you don't need proof of anything you believe?

The idiot is the current president....windmills cause cancer? Really? Is Mexico paying for the wall? Has covid disappeared as he predicted it would?

100,000 dead and he said months ago that we had nothing to worry about.

You go nuts about Biden using a term for the far east that has been used for well over a hundred years...because you smell defeat. Trump is going to lose and you are going to lose what little mind you have.
Trump will trump biden and will win re-election. Don't worry, we'll be here to wipe up your tears when it happens.

Years ago a woman said she doesn't like being called Oriental. Who did Biden call oriental?

You guys are smelling of desperation. Trump's losing and you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for mud to throw. It won't help.
Of course it won't help you. You're still supporting Biden after he told every black person in America that he's in charge of determining what color they are.

Clearly no amount of racism bothers you.

LOL

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Of course it won't help you. You're still supporting Biden after he told every black person in America that he's in charge of determining what color they are.

LOL
BIden said if you're voting for Trump you must not be black...I'd say if you are voting for Trump you must not be sane.

Twist that into whatever knots you like.

Jack4freedom

Governor
The plain fact is that Joe Biden is a racist and bigoted man. He has a long, long, long history of making racist remarks, supporting racist policies, and associating professionally with other racists.

It will be pointed out many times over the next few months, but the simple fact is that his supporters don't care, because they largely share the same racism and bigotry that afflicts Joe Biden.
Has he ever had to pay a huge fine for discriminating against people based on race? Trump has.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
SO you lied. Obama didn't say "don't use the word ORIENT".
you're a fvcking moron.

You want to draw a non-existent distinction between 'Orient', and 'Oriental'. Fvcking pathetic.

Now run away and report me.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
you're a fvcking moron.

You want to draw a non-existent distinction between 'Orient', and 'Oriental'. Fvcking pathetic.

Now run away and report me.
He’s absolutely right. There’s a big difference between the words you screwed up.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member

LOL
Seeing what cons have to say about blacks on this forum (and around the country) after the last couple days makes the whole thing hypocritical. The fake outrage skit is over.