• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bill Maher: Media ‘Disappointed’ that ‘Civil War Didn’t Break Out’ at Virginia Pro-Gun Rally

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
HBO’s “Real Time” host Bill Maher noted, along with many others, that the lack of violence was likely a huge letdown for those on the left. However, Maher appears to have missed the whole reason why this is a disappointment for the media. On Friday’s broadcast, Maher had a conversation with former Fox News and NBC host, Megyn Kelly about media bias.

Kelly brought up the fact that the majority of mainstream news outlets are biased in favor of the left. Maher responded by opining that the press is actually biased towards “money and conflict.” He pointed out that they prefer these two elements “because that’s what sells.” He said:

“You know what the media is biased toward? Money. They’re biased toward money and conflict because that’s what sells. I was watching the Virginia rally this week. There was a gun rally. It was peaceful. And you could see how disappointed the media was that the civil war didn’t break out.”

Mr. Friscus

Governor
You literally need conflict to write a story. Of course, the media was disappointed their was no conflict. They have nothing to report.
That’s where credibility is sacrificed and lost. If it’s a slow news day, say it’s a slow news day. I could respect that. The media doesn’t do that, and they clearly exaggerate things for the sake of dramatic affect. Once this becomes known, then you can’t take media doomsday demands in any sort of honest context.

they dig their own grave and then lie in it, and blame you for it all.

That’s where credibility is sacrificed and lost. If it’s a slow news day, say it’s a slow news day. I could respect that. The media doesn’t do that, and they clearly exaggerate things for the sake of dramatic affect. Once this becomes known, then you can’t take media doomsday demands in any sort of honest context.

they dig their own grave and then lie in it, and blame you for it all.
This isn't a story about the media exaggerating. It's a story about the media hoping and preparing for news. It didn't materialize. The media did nothing wrong by preparing for to do their job.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
This isn't a story about the media exaggerating. It's a story about the media hoping and preparing for news. It didn't materialize. The media did nothing wrong by preparing for to do their job.
Oh right.. there's no such thing as maligning groups negatively.

When the media warns of violence and anti-male hatred and the governor issues a state of emergency against the next women's Feminist rally.. let me know.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
You must have missed it.

The leftist mainstream media consistently said the gun rights rally was filled with "white supremecists", "white nationalists", "Confederate Flag waving", "nazis" and warned everyone of "another charlottesville"... when in reality none of that could have been further from the truth.

These were law-abiding, non-threatening groups and people of all colors and creeds. They were well labeled and documented as attending. The media didn't care to make a distinction, and slandered them brutally.

And they were proven wrong. However, as it goes with the leftist MSM, they don't have to answer for their false claims.. on to the next story.

You must have missed it.

The leftist mainstream media consistently said the gun rights rally was filled with "white supremecists", "white nationalists", "Confederate Flag waving", "nazis" and warned everyone of "another charlottesville"... when in reality none of that could have been further from the truth.

These were law-abiding, non-threatening groups and people of all colors and creeds. They were well labeled and documented as attending. The media didn't care to make a distinction, and slandered them brutally.

And they were proven wrong. However, as it goes with the leftist MSM, they don't have to answer for their false claims.. on to the next story.
Gun humpers are an embarrassment to themselves and the country. It's not the media's fault for calling a spade a spade.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Gun humpers are an embarrassment to themselves and the country. It's not the media's fault for calling a spade a spade.
You can have an opinion on guns, but to call them "white supremacists", "white nationalists", "Nazis" and "Charlottesville" has nothing to do with guns. So, they strawmanned this protest with blatant lies.

I'm sure you're fine with these lies though.

You can have an opinion on guns, but to call them "white supremacists", "white nationalists", "Nazis" and "Charlottesville" has nothing to do with guns. So, they strawmanned this protest with blatant lies.

I'm sure you're fine with these lies though.
Just as fine with those chaaracterizations as you with characters the women's march as "Feminists".

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Just as fine with those chaaracterizations as you with characters the women's march as "Feminists".
Just as your "gun humpers" line..

I can't speak for you, but I simply applied the same treatment to prove the point. Not so fair when it's used against what you support, isn't it.

HBO’s “Real Time” host Bill Maher noted, along with many others, that the lack of violence was likely a huge letdown for those on the left. However, Maher appears to have missed the whole reason why this is a disappointment for the media. On Friday’s broadcast, Maher had a conversation with former Fox News and NBC host, Megyn Kelly about media bias.

Kelly brought up the fact that the majority of mainstream news outlets are biased in favor of the left. Maher responded by opining that the press is actually biased towards “money and conflict.” He pointed out that they prefer these two elements “because that’s what sells.” He said:

“You know what the media is biased toward? Money. They’re biased toward money and conflict because that’s what sells. I was watching the Virginia rally this week. There was a gun rally. It was peaceful. And you could see how disappointed the media was that the civil war didn’t break out.”
He's right, but it's not money the media is biased towards. It's evil.