• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Brexit: should they stay, or should they go?

Barbella

Senator
If Britain exits the EU, it will have catastrophic consequences for Germany, so I guess I'm a little prejudiced here... I don't want to see Germany go under, and I think the country would be struggling to stay afloat if Britain goes. (I guess you can call me a bigot, but that's how it is... LOL).

Queenie... what do you think? Stay? Go? What's the mood like among the Brits you know? Any idea which way it will go, IYO?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
If Britain exits the EU, it will have catastrophic consequences for Germany, so I guess I'm a little prejudiced here... I don't want to see Germany go under, and I think the country would be struggling to stay afloat if Britain goes. (I guess you can call me a bigot, but that's how it is... LOL).

Queenie... what do you think? Stay? Go? What's the mood like among the Brits you know? Any idea which way it will go, IYO?
Britain should exit the EU. My dad, a Brit who immigrated to the USA in 1952, HATES the EU.

Most true Englanders have a fierce independent streak. In fact, they don't even consider themselves "European". My dad will tell you, "I'm not European...I'm English."

Barbella

Senator
Britain should exit the EU. My dad, a Brit who immigrated to the USA in 1952, HATES the EU.

Most true Englanders have a fierce independent streak. In fact, they don't even consider themselves "European". My dad will tell you, "I'm not European...I'm English."
Funny... MY dad was dead set against the EU even back then. He figured Germans got ripped off big time when they changed the Deutschmark to the Euro.

I'm pretty sure he was right... :rolleyes::D

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Funny... MY dad was dead set against the EU even back then. He figured Germans got ripped off big time when they changed the Deutschmark to the Euro.

I'm pretty sure he was right... :rolleyes::D
Exactly. I'd rather have a mark or a pound than a Euro. It even sounds weenie. ;)

Fast Eddy

Mayor
I hope the Brits exit as they have given up way too much of their Soverentyto the EU. In money, immigration and such theEU rules override British law. It's better to call your own shots.

Jen

Senator

Britain and Germany are keeping the other European countries afloat but Germany can't do it alone. I get that.
I don't want to see Germany go under either. ... But face it, Merkel's stupid decision to allow all of the hordes from the ME to crash into Germany started that process.

I don't know....... Seems like any choice there is bad.

EatTheRich

President
I say Britain should vote to leave. The EU is doomed by its internal antagonisms regardless of how Britain votes. Its collapse will cause hardships ... Britain leaving will cause hardships in Britain as well as in Germany, etc. (Its existence causes hardships too.) And the nationalism of Boris Johnson and other leading pro-Brexit campaigners is nothing if not reactionary. But ultimately the EU is an imperialist alliance which strengthens the hand of finance capital against the workers by preparing the way for a Fourth German Reich. Its disintegration will help strengthen the workers by isolating the capitalist powers of Europe so they can be reckoned with one by one.

That is simple OUT I didn't vote in and have never changed my mind, it is worse than I ever imagined - broke a lot of hearts and it can never be OK again we voted to be occupied by a foreign dictatorship, how crazy is that? And now we have a democratic vote to decide upon independence/democracy or dictatorship and people can't choose!? Talk about brainwashed! ---- at first I thought we couldn't win and that most would, because they have never lived in a free country, vote in but now I am not so sure. My generation is voting out - the young are coming round -

Germany is fu'cked - that evil witch has done irrevocable damage - none of our countries will ever be the same - I have no problems with immigration but mass immigration especially in the way it has been done has destroyed all of our cultures - gone, finished say goodbye to Europe -

Last edited:
Britain and Germany are keeping the other European countries afloat but Germany can't do it alone. I get that.
I don't want to see Germany go under either. ... But face it, Merkel's stupid decision to allow all of the hordes from the ME to crash into Germany started that process.

The EU is a protectionist dictatorship, oppressive, a closed shop, where no one can flourish, it has destroyed Greece, Portugal, Italy and Spain - and is now destroying France, Germany, Belgium and Holland too - insanity.

I hope the Brits exit as they have given up way too much of their Soverentyto the EU. In money, immigration and such theEU rules override British law. It's better to call your own shots.
We gave over all of our Sovereignty - or did we, surely treason is an illegal act and therefore can't be imposed as law? Bill of Rights 1689

Supremacy

And I doe declare That noe Forreigne Prince Person Prelate, State or Potentate hath or ought to have any Jurisdiction Power Superiority Preeminence or Authoritie Ecclesiasticall or Spirituall within this Realme Soe helpe me God.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/aep/WillandMarSess2/1/2/introduction

The Treaties

http://europa.eu/eu-law/decision-making/treaties/index_en.htm

The European Communities Act 1972

http://europa.eu/eu-law/decision-making/treaties/index_en.htm

anyone under the age of 58 really does not remember what living in a fre country feels like - and that is the problem.

I say Britain should vote to leave. The EU is doomed by its internal antagonisms regardless of how Britain votes. Its collapse will cause hardships ... Britain leaving will cause hardships in Britain as well as in Germany, etc. (Its existence causes hardships too.) And the nationalism of Boris Johnson and other leading pro-Brexit campaigners is nothing if not reactionary. But ultimately the EU is an imperialist alliance which strengthens the hand of finance capital against the workers by preparing the way for a Fourth German Reich. Its disintegration will help strengthen the workers by isolating the capitalist powers of Europe so they can be reckoned with one by one.
Norway and Switzerland have flourishing economies outside the EU, those inside are suffering this miserable ridiculous austerity, Switzerland sells five times more to the EU than we do, the EU simply does not buy from Britain, they sell a lot to us but they will not buy, and yet it ( Swedish Commissioner) makes our Trade deals else where - we cannot even Trade - after 1000 years we are suddenly incapable of doing our own trade deals! And 40ish years takes in three generations, two of whom have the vote and know nothing else than occupation - We shall not suffer hardship outside the EU, the EU gives us nothing, it just takes - Plus 38-40% of the whole of the Govs budget goes into admin for the EU - the official Brexit never mention the EU quangos and 120,000 regulations having to be written into UK law -( of which only 20,000 have actually been written up so we do not even know what the law is) The EU Assemblies and so on -
Another and very good reason we should never have joined, apart from it being treasonous, are the different legal systems we go by - the British still, even now, do not understand the EU in because it is so foreign to us, the structure is that of the USSR and the system is jus civil - as is the constitution/Lisbon Treaty.

We shall flourish outside the EU - all we have to fear is Boris Johnson.

60% of our laws are made in Brussels by people we do not know, no-one that we elected has any say in the EU ( MEPs have no power not even of a real vote) - Commissioners ( Directorate Generals) are the law makers, they are appointed by the EU, cannot be recalled by their own state, are immune from prosecution for life and make the laws behind closed doors - those who vote on the laws are 1 minister from each member state, so the executive of each member state, and behind closed doors - we do not have a seat in any trading organization in the world and may not choose what happens in our own land - we maynot fish our own waters and my not save our own companies/businesses - we will soon be unable to Nationalize - we own fu'ck all of our country, not the water nor the energy nothing much not even our rubbish, we cannot say what happens to that - if we want to trade with a country outside the EU ( the EU does not buy much from us 13% of our sales) then the EU slaps a tariff or a regulation of that product - it is so corrupt it is ridiculous and totally unaccountable - you can call your politicians to account we cannot call any EU politicians to account.

And there in the mix is Corporate! which would take a book to explain -

Last edited:

Englanders? The English you mean - English, British, European in that order - the young have been brainwashed - before we went into the EU we had no credit cards, few people had debt, because credit was difficult to get, apart from mortgages which were affordable as was rent - as soon as we entered the EU so credit cards were thrown at us thus giving the illusion of wealth - meanwhile they ( we blame Thatcher ) shut down all of our industries and manufacturers etc - the protection of those, they had told us, was the only reason they took us in - illegally for it was an act of treason.

And whether or not they let us leave is another question altogether - we have a battle on our hands and this is only the 1st one.

Last edited:

Lukey

Senator
Anything that moves us away from the "one world communist system" the international progressive elites have been pushing us toward for the past 50 years is a good thing. Breaking up is bringing us together, as it were. Smaller is the new better with respect to government.

Barbella

Senator
That is simple OUT I didn't vote in and have never changed my mind, it is worse than I ever imagined - broke a lot of hearts and it can never be OK again we voted to be occupied by a foreign dictatorship, how crazy is that? And now we have a democratic vote to decide upon independence/democracy or dictatorship and people can't choose!? Talk about brainwashed! ---- at first I thought we couldn't win and that most would, because they have never lived in a free country, vote in but now I am not so sure. My generation is voting out - the young are coming round -

Germany is fu'cked - that evil witch has done irrevocable damage - none of our countries will ever be the same - I have no problems with immigration but mass immigration especially in the way it has been done has destroyed all of our cultures - gone, finished say goodbye to Europe -
I hate to say it, but I believe you're right about Germany. Merkel screwed it.

Barbella

Senator
Englanders? The English you mean - English, British, European in that order - the young have been brainwashed - before we went into the EU we had no credit cards, few people had debt, because credit was difficult to get, apart from mortgages which were affordable as was rent - as soon as we entered the EU so credit cards were thrown at us thus giving the illusion of wealth - meanwhile they ( we blame Thatcher ) shut down all of our industries and manufacturers etc - the protection of those, they had told us, was the only reason they took us in - illegally for it was an act of treason.

And whether or not they let us leave is another question altogether - we have a battle on our hands and this is only the 1st one.
Very enlightening and informative, Queenie... Thank you. I couldn't agree with you more!

Anything that moves us away from the "one world communist system" the international progressive elites have been pushing us toward for the past 50 years is a good thing. Breaking up is bringing us together, as it were. Smaller is the new better with respect to government.
We had decent local councils here which were responsible for their areas - Land owners only paid the rates - Thatcher brought in council tax as Europeans pay it but Thatch didn't allow the councils that money and capped what they could spend and on what they could spend anything - slowly slowly, I have a very good friend who works for the council, they have turned 5 councils into one- which have now almost ground to a halt because no one knows what is happening, no-one is sure they have a job tomorrow and even if they climb the ladder, their pay doesn't rise at all - Meanwhile EU Assemblies grow - they are split into 'regions'. So, on paper, the UK is zone 7 of the EU and within that are regions - Our common law will go and we shall have to take on the Civil Code which is another language to us. Parliament will be admin, it almost is now really. And still people are undecided! I almost give up !!!!!

Zam-Zam

Senator
When Europeans chime in with what America should do in any given circumstance, my reaction is that they should keep their noses out of it and let Americans decide what's best for America. That goes both ways, so I'm all for Britain's fate being decided by the British. It's their country, their choice, and we should keep our noses out of it.

Just my two cents.