• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Brexit update.

Good news for Boris and the Tories.

https://news.sky.com/story/general-election-nigel-farages-brexit-party-wont-contest-any-seats-won-by-tories-in-2017-11859370

General election: Nigel Farage's Brexit Party won't contest seats won by Tories in 2017
Nigel Farage's party had previously announced candidates in 600 seats across the UK, but this will now be below 300.
Now Farage is having a major tantrum

General election 2019: Nigel Farage accuses No 10 of dirty tricks

Nigel Farage threatened to report the Conservatives to the police, after accusing Downing Street of offering Brexit Party candidates jobs and peerages to withdraw from the general election on Thursday night.

The Brexit Party leader claimed the Tories were guilty of “corruption of the worst level” as he alleged they had offered eight peerages as incentives in what he likened to “living in Venezuela”.

No 10 categorically denied any inducements had been offered.

It came after three Brexit Party candidates stood down from marginal seats on the day the nominations deadline passed, prompting speculation that others could refuse to campaign.

Rupert Lowe, the former chairman of Southampton FC, said he had decided not to contest the Dudley North seat – won by Labour with a majority of just 22 in 2017 – because he said it was “highly conceivable my candidacy could allow Corbyn’s Momentum candidate to win”.

Mr Lowe, who denied being offered a peerage, said: “If I stand, I would probably split the vote. Nigel standing 317 candidates down on Monday weakened our position.”

The party’s candidate in Canterbury – where Labour has a majority of 187 – also pulled out, while a third stood down in Hove and Portslade, but was replaced at the last minute.

Their withdrawal reflected a row raging within the Brexit Party over Mr Farage’s decision to field candidates in 300 seats, despite warnings that it could split the Leave vote and allow Jeremy Corbyn into Downing Street at the head of a Remain coalition.

On Thursday Prof Sir John Curtice, the country’s foremost political pollster, accused Mr Farage of talking “nonsense” by claiming the Brexit Party would help the Tories by drawing votes away from Labour.

Sir John said the Tories would lose more votes to the Brexit Party than Labour, reducing the Conservatives’ chances in marginal seats.

He also said Labour had “close to zero” chance of winning a majority and predicted Mr Johnson would return with an overall majority if he could retain a double-digit lead over Labour.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/14/general-election-brexit-party-news-latest-candidates-farage/

He has a cult following which is also having a tantrum! It is madness - utter madness

This is the truth of it

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
Now Farage is having a major tantrum

General election 2019: Nigel Farage accuses No 10 of dirty tricks

Nigel Farage threatened to report the Conservatives to the police, after accusing Downing Street of offering Brexit Party candidates jobs and peerages to withdraw from the general election on Thursday night.

The Brexit Party leader claimed the Tories were guilty of “corruption of the worst level” as he alleged they had offered eight peerages as incentives in what he likened to “living in Venezuela”.

No 10 categorically denied any inducements had been offered.

It came after three Brexit Party candidates stood down from marginal seats on the day the nominations deadline passed, prompting speculation that others could refuse to campaign.

Rupert Lowe, the former chairman of Southampton FC, said he had decided not to contest the Dudley North seat – won by Labour with a majority of just 22 in 2017 – because he said it was “highly conceivable my candidacy could allow Corbyn’s Momentum candidate to win”.

Mr Lowe, who denied being offered a peerage, said: “If I stand, I would probably split the vote. Nigel standing 317 candidates down on Monday weakened our position.”

The party’s candidate in Canterbury – where Labour has a majority of 187 – also pulled out, while a third stood down in Hove and Portslade, but was replaced at the last minute.

Their withdrawal reflected a row raging within the Brexit Party over Mr Farage’s decision to field candidates in 300 seats, despite warnings that it could split the Leave vote and allow Jeremy Corbyn into Downing Street at the head of a Remain coalition.

On Thursday Prof Sir John Curtice, the country’s foremost political pollster, accused Mr Farage of talking “nonsense” by claiming the Brexit Party would help the Tories by drawing votes away from Labour.

Sir John said the Tories would lose more votes to the Brexit Party than Labour, reducing the Conservatives’ chances in marginal seats.

He also said Labour had “close to zero” chance of winning a majority and predicted Mr Johnson would return with an overall majority if he could retain a double-digit lead over Labour.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/14/general-election-brexit-party-news-latest-candidates-farage/

He has a cult following which is also having a tantrum! It is madness - utter madness

This is the truth of it
I can see why Farage would suspect shenanigans but any Brexit party member who is truly in it to see Brexit happen can do the math themselves and see Brexit has a better chance of happening if Boris gets his majority. I can understand why some of them would back out at the last minute to help save the real cause. Some of the Brexiters are probably a lot like our own libertarians here in America though, for whom the perfect is the enemy of the good.

I can see why Farage would suspect shenanigans but any Brexit party member who is truly in it to see Brexit happen can do the math themselves and see Brexit has a better chance of happening if Boris gets his majority. I can understand why some of them would back out at the last minute to help save the real cause. Some of the Brexiters are probably a lot like our own libertarians here in America though, for whom the perfect is the enemy of the good.
We know that Farage and the BP MEPs were ready to, and did, criticise Boris's amended WA before they even looked at it. I saw Farage being interviewed a very very short while after it was published ''The worst day of my life'' '' this is even worse then May's'' ''I'm so depressed'' he said and more and on and on --- they all went into full ' we have been betrayed' mode. He was downright lying but sadly many many people believed him not bothering to read the deal for themselves - 'no deal' they screamed without any sense of what a nonexistent 'no deal' is - it just sounds good after 3 1/2 years of bs.
Only because it is May's WA amended it did seem, at first, to be a betrayal, I too had my head in my hands at first until realising what very clever changes he had got the EU to agree in no time flat; which will get us Brexit. But Farage got louder and louder persuading millions that BP could hold Boris to account for his 'betrayal' by putting 100 BP MPs in Parliament etc etc etc Sensible BPers told him to back off, that he was going to lose us Brexit if he did not. He started to lose funding, more and more Brexiteers said 'back off'. He did by pretending that Boris had suddenly changed his mind; nothing had changed, and that because Boris was now doing what Nigel wanted the WA was suddenly wonderful. He stood down candidates but not the ones who matter - not the ones Tories need to regain. The seats that May had lost in 2017.
Farage's ego rebelled and he about turned, after his cultists called him the betrayer, and all this nonsense about threats and promises came spewing out.
It is only the politically unsophisticated who are taken in by him but sadly we seem to have a few million of 'em here.

Farage is and always was a huge ego in a very limited, no very intelligent, and very ruthless mind. UKIP wasn't his - nor was Brexit - he was ruthless in the way he took them to be is own and in the way he killed UKIP. His poor silly followers are now hurt, confused and blaming Boris - Ffs as if the danger of a Corbyn gov or coalition was less important than Farage's damaged ego.

EU Landfill Directives disallow us to dredge River beds so we are having more and more floods = Boris's fault.
Right from the Treaty of Rome, and on and worse with every treaty and Directive, the EU disallows state aid; it is against the communities rules on competition ie building social housing thus we have homeless people sleeping in every shop door way = Tories fault
I have never heard Farage mention anything connected with the specifics of cons of belonging to the EU.

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
Looks like the British media is in blitz mode against Johnson and the Tories. Will it have an effect on the upcoming election? Will the little boy on the floor push Brexit to the back of voters' minds?

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.