• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bruce Jenner comes out

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
1. as a transgender woman

and

2. as a Republican.

transgender: denoting or relating to a person whose self-identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional notions of male or female gender.

I can't help but think this will be good for many conservatives who struggle to recognize that God made us sexual beings....on a spectrum.

Bugsy McGurk

President

and

2. as a Republican.

transgender: denoting or relating to a person whose self-identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional notions of male or female gender.

I can't help but think this will be good for many conservatives who struggle to recognize that God made us sexual beings....on a spectrum.
I look forward to his/her prominent speaking role at the 2016 GOP Convention.

;-)

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

and

2. as a Republican.

I didn't watch the interview and haven't read much about it. It's like other people's religious affiliation. It doesn't matter to me.

Arkady

President

and

2. as a Republican.

I just can't figure out why people care one way or the other. It's been decades since his brief flash of athletic glory in a sport that people don't generally care about (quick, who is Ashton Eaton?) Since then, he's been one tiny starlet in a vast galaxy of D-list celebs trying to cling to public attention any way they can. For me, these are the least interesting people in the world. I'm perfectly content to let people do whatever they want to their anatomies and hormones. But why is it such an interesting story to people?

Bugsy McGurk

President
I just can't figure out why people care one way or the other. It's been decades since his brief flash of athletic glory in a sport that people don't generally care about (quick, who is Ashton Eaton?) Since then, he's been one tiny starlet in a vast galaxy of D-list celebs trying to cling to public attention any way they can. For me, these are the least interesting people in the world. I'm perfectly content to let people do whatever they want to their anatomies and hormones. But why is it such an interesting story to people?
The Kardashian factor.

Plus, it's just fun hearing him say he's a Republican as all the GOP candidates squirm about such things. Dunno why - it just is.

Zam-Zam

Senator

I'm with you on this. I personally don't care about Bruce Jenner's lifestyle choices, his political views, and marvel at those who insist that any of this is relevant.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I'm with you on this. I personally don't care about Bruce Jenner's lifestyle choices, his political views, and marvel at those who insist that any of this is relevant.
You don't care about peoples' political views? That's all you talk about here.

You just don't like talking about "certain Republicans," eh?

;-)

Caroljo

Senator
The Kardashian factor.

Plus, it's just fun hearing him say he's a Republican as all the GOP candidates squirm about such things. Dunno why - it just is.
Who has ever said there are no gay/lesbian ..or transgender Republicans? Nobody? Both parties have different types of people. Just that the Dems seem to have more of the really strange ones. :)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
As you can see, it's simpleton baiting on this board. High-minded, tolerant, diverse-lifestyle "liberals" often have no problem leveraging (using) some folks to try to put a thumb in the eye of political opponents. This demonstrates the true esteem in which LGBT folks are held by such partisan operatives and the sincerity of the posters in question. It is what it is.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Who has ever said there are no gay/lesbian ..or transgender Republicans? Nobody? Both parties have different types of people. Just that the Dems seem to have more of the really strange ones. :)
Nobody said that. It's just that GOP candidates talk about "those people" as if they are some strange aliens.

Do you think Bruce Jenner, or whatever his/her name is then, should be offered a prominent speaking role at the 2016 GOP convention? Maybe wearing his/her finest gown and nicest size 12 heels?

;-)

Bugsy McGurk

President
As you can see, it's simpleton baiting on this board. High-minded, tolerant, diverse-lifestyle "liberals" often have no problem leveraging (using) some folks to try to put a thumb in the eye of political opponents. This demonstrates the true esteem in which LGBT folks are held by such partisan operatives and the sincerity of the posters in question. It is what it is.
Translation: We really are a pack o' hypocrites, ain't we?

;-)

Zam-Zam

Senator

Ah, so Jenner is to be used by those who wish us to think of them as tolerant and high-minded. I see.

I figured it was something like that.

I have no quibbles with Mr. Jenner and wish him all the best. I'm sure that makes me some kind of an ogre to the "high-minded"........:>)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Ah, so Jenner is to be used by those who wish us to think of them as tolerant and high-minded. I see.

I figured it was something like that.

I have no quibbles with Mr. Jenner and wish him all the best. I'm sure that makes me some kind of an ogre to the "high-minded"........:>)
No liberty-embracing person cares how folks want to live out their lives. Most of us just want to be left alone. Whether or not I agree with some dude's lifestyle choices are irrelevant unless it involves me/my actions.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Americans are really, really into reality TV so they know what Jenner's up to via the Kardashians.

frankly, I think his announcement presents a good opportunity for the public to be educated about transgenders.

Zam-Zam

Senator
No liberty-embracing person cares how folks want to live out their lives. Most of us just want to be left alone. Whether or not I agree with some dude's lifestyle choices are irrelevant unless it involves me/my actions.

But that's not what they want to believe about you. So, they won't......

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
no, it's because too many of the republican ones are still in the closet.