• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Build your Business the Old Fashioned Way

it was? So how come the Founding Father without whom the USA would have ceased to exist on at least THREE occaisions wrote:

the accumulation therefore of Property in such a Society, and its Security to Individuals in every Society, must be an Effect of the Protection afforded to it by the joint Strength of the Society, in the Execution of its Laws.

Private Property therefore is a Creature of Society, and is subject to the Calls of that Society, whenever its Necessities shall require it, even to its last Farthing; its Contributions therefore to the public Exigencies are not to be considered as conferring a Benefit on the Publick, entitling the Contributors to the Distinctions of Honour and Power, but as the Return of an Obligation previously received, or the Payment of a just Debt.​

Seems to me that your latter statement is a bit of a myth
Of course private property is a creature of society there are and have been societies where the guy with the biggest stick owns everything and everybody. I don't see any point in all your ramblings other than possibly you want to do away with the private property protections that currently exist in our society

trapdoor

Governor
it was? So how come the Founding Father without whom the USA would have ceased to exist on at least THREE occaisions wrote:

the accumulation therefore of Property in such a Society, and its Security to Individuals in every Society, must be an Effect of the Protection afforded to it by the joint Strength of the Society, in the Execution of its Laws.

Private Property therefore is a Creature of Society, and is subject to the Calls of that Society, whenever its Necessities shall require it, even to its last Farthing; its Contributions therefore to the public Exigencies are not to be considered as conferring a Benefit on the Publick, entitling the Contributors to the Distinctions of Honour and Power, but as the Return of an Obligation previously received, or the Payment of a just Debt.​

Seems to me that your latter statement is a bit of a myth
Degs, Get back to me when you find that Franklin's quotation was codified into U.S. law somewhere.

trapdoor

Governor
No its more like saying that the Editor and publishing house made your book possible and thus deserve part of the credit
No -- the editorial process for the author is not analogous to the impact of society on the entrepreneur. The entrepreneur's "editor" is the market that either accepts or rejects the good or service being offered, as the editor accepts or rejects the language as the author uses it. It is still the author providing the spark of creativity, not ht editor. It is still the entrepreneur producing the good or service, not society.

Yes ditto for entrepreneurs. Had SOCIETY not developed the CPU, and computer programming languages, and provided the Steve's exceptional PUBLIC educations, and funded his parent's job (Lockheed) odds are The Steve's would have eventually gone to jail for phone hacking.
"Society" didn't develop the CPU. Individuals in society developed the CPU (there are multiple claimants as to its invention). Neither did "society" write programming languages -- people like Bill Gates did that. Lot's of kids went to public school alongside Jobs. Lot's of kids parents worked at Lockheed. None of them created Apple.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
So in other words you are talking about something not related to the top post. Thank you for the clarification
I'm talking about the post to which I responded. So, no...not the top post, a different post that didn't speak to the top post. Good work. Verry Impressive.