• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Bush Vindicated? Sounds like it.....

Caroljo

Senator
Interesting....why would they want to keep this so secret? Why would Bush "admit" they found no WMD?

NY Times Just Blasted Out of Existence Biggest Myth About George W. Bush & Iraq War
Retired Army major Jarrod Lampier, who was there when the U.S. military found 2,400 nerve agent rockets in 2006 — the largest chemical weapons discovery of the war – said of the finding’s import, “‘Nothing of significance’ is what I was ordered to say.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/188068-scoff-new-york-times-blasts-biggest-myth-george-w-bush-iraq-war-water/

write on

Senator
Interesting....why would they want to keep this so secret? Why would Bush "admit" they found no WMD?

NY Times Just Blasted Out of Existence Biggest Myth About George W. Bush & Iraq War
Retired Army major Jarrod Lampier, who was there when the U.S. military found 2,400 nerve agent rockets in 2006 — the largest chemical weapons discovery of the war – said of the finding’s import, “‘Nothing of significance’ is what I was ordered to say.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/188068-scoff-new-york-times-blasts-biggest-myth-george-w-bush-iraq-war-water/
Bush was not vindicated. Why do you wingers not understand that those cw found are not the same ones the bush regime was saying Saddam had?

It (the bush regime) said that Iraq had an ACTIVE cw program as to one of the reasons we invaded along with the the other lies about yellow cake, centrifuges, etc.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

not only is Bush NOT vindicated, but he's responsible for not protecting troops who happened on these aged weapons and were hurt. the Bush admin. hid this info from the public.

The Secret Casualties of Iraq’s Abandoned Chemical Weapons

The American government withheld word about its discoveries even from troops it sent into harm’s way and from military doctors. The government’s secrecy, victims and participants said, prevented troops in some of the war’s most dangerous jobs from receiving proper medical care and official recognition of their wounds.

After the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Mr. Bush insisted that Mr. Hussein was hiding an active weapons of mass destruction program, in defiance of international will and at the world’s risk. United Nations inspectors said they could not find evidence for these claims.

Then, during the long occupation, American troops began encountering old chemical munitions in hidden caches and roadside bombs. Typically 155-millimeter artillery shells or 122-millimeter rockets, they were remnants of an arms program Iraq had rushed into production in the 1980s during the Iran-Iraq war.

All had been manufactured before 1991, participants said. Filthy, rusty or corroded, a large fraction of them could not be readily identified as chemical weapons at all. Some were empty, though many of them still contained potent mustard agent or residual sarin. Most could not have been used as designed, and when they ruptured dispersed the chemical agents over a limited area, according to those who collected the majority of them.

In case after case, participants said, analysis of these warheads and shells reaffirmed intelligence failures. First, the American government did not find what it had been looking for at the war’s outset, then it failed to prepare its troops and medical corps for the aged weapons it did find.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?_r=0

Spamature

President

Why do you people even bother with the **** website. The site as per the owner's own words was created it draw ad revenue by getting to you to click on the link. They do not care if what is in that link is true or not. They are so consistent in publishing phoney or misconstrued stories it is a safe bet that anything you get from that site is not true and/or does prove what is in the link's headline.

write on

Senator
not only is Bush NOT vindicated, but he's responsible for not protecting troops who happened on these aged weapons and were hurt. the Bush admin. hid this info from the public.

The American government withheld word about its discoveries even from troops it sent into harm’s way and from military doctors. The government’s secrecy, victims and participants said, prevented troops in some of the war’s most dangerous jobs from receiving proper medical care and official recognition of their wounds.

After the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Mr. Bush insisted that Mr. Hussein was hiding an active weapons of mass destruction program, in defiance of international will and at the world’s risk. United Nations inspectors said they could not find evidence for these claims.

Then, during the long occupation, American troops began encountering old chemical munitions in hidden caches and roadside bombs. Typically 155-millimeter artillery shells or 122-millimeter rockets, they were remnants of an arms program Iraq had rushed into production in the 1980s during the Iran-Iraq war.

All had been manufactured before 1991, participants said. Filthy, rusty or corroded, a large fraction of them could not be readily identified as chemical weapons at all. Some were empty, though many of them still contained potent mustard agent or residual sarin. Most could not have been used as designed, and when they ruptured dispersed the chemical agents over a limited area, according to those who collected the majority of them.

In case after case, participants said, analysis of these warheads and shells reaffirmed intelligence failures. First, the American government did not find what it had been looking for at the war’s outset, then it failed to prepare its troops and medical corps for the aged weapons it did find.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?_r=0
This has been posted I don't know how many times but some of these rightwingers can't seem to get it through their thick skulls.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
W Bush sat before America and claimed Iraq had weapons that would cause mushroom clouds and destroy cities....it was a lie....Finding old canisters of nerve gas hardly qualifies...Pathetic to see Right wingers so desperate to justify that trillion dollar fiasco in Iraq

Caroljo

Senator
This has been posted I don't know how many times but some of these rightwingers can't seem to get it through their thick skulls.
The dates to the links I've found are NOW....within the last 2 days. So how many times has this been posted, and found false?

write on

Senator
The dates to the links I've found are NOW....within the last 2 days. So how many times has this been posted, and found false?
What do you mean by "the dates to the links I've found are NOW"?
Read Julie's reply to you. That NYT story has been posted multiple times and proves what your link claims is a lie. Don't try and say that you haven't read it.

Caroljo

Senator

So...you must then be admitting that the WMD was there all along. Of course he's vindicated, he said it was there and it was. I didn't say he or anyone else didn't do something wrong by keeping this secret....My post is stating that he told the truth that it was there all along, and for years he's been called a liar. He's been vindicated.

Being vindicated for this has NOTHING to do with how he took care of the troops. If that were true then that's another problem. But anyone I know never mentioned having a problem with how he ran the Military.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
So...you must then be admitting that the WMD was there all along. Of course he's vindicated, he said it was there and it was. I didn't say he or anyone else didn't do something wrong by keeping this secret....My post is stating that he told the truth that it was there all along, and for years he's been called a liar. He's been vindicated.

Being vindicated for this has NOTHING to do with how he took care of the troops. If that were true then that's another problem. But anyone I know never mentioned having a problem with how he ran the Military.
There were NO Weapons of MASS destruction found in Iraq...Try to keep up...W Bush sent over 4,000 US Military to their grave and thousands more were wounded or maimed...For NOTHING....He hardly took care of the troops

Caroljo

Senator
What do you mean by "the dates to the links I've found are NOW"?
Read Julie's reply to you. That NYT story has been posted multiple times and proves what your link claims is a lie. Don't try and say that you haven't read it.
You said:

I said any links I have found about this story is dated within the last couple days. You said it has been posted "I don't know how many times". Has it been posted HERE? I didn't see it if it was. You made it sound like this is really old news.....

write on

Senator

This is unreal!

The bush regime said that one of the reasons we invaded was that Iraq had an ACTIVE...ACTIVE...ACTIVE...CHEMICAL WEAPONS PROGRAM.

Those chemical weapons were from the '80's.

Why can't you understand that?

write on

Senator
You said:

I said any links I have found about this story is dated within the last couple days. You said it has been posted "I don't know how many times". Has it been posted HERE? I didn't see it if it was. You made it sound like this is really old news.....
I'm talking about the NYT story.

***edited***

Last edited by a moderator:

write on

Senator
Those chemical weapons found were not from an ACTIVE chemical
Don't even bother with these crazed loons
I'm starting to feel sorry for them. That's why I asked someone reasonable from the right to explain this to them.

We'll see if that happens.

Caroljo

Senator

So it sounds to me that he still had WMD (even though it may have been old) that could still be deadly if used. If these soldiers had to be treated for exposure, then the chemicals are still seriously active. He may not have been ACTIVE in producing these, but what he had could still be used.

write on

Senator
Oh I understand.
You weren't "playing dumb".
And NO I expect the left will lie to me.
I haven't been wrong about that yet.
Those chemical weapons found were not from an active program in which the bush used to justify the invasion.

I don't know how much more clear I can be.

write on

Senator
So it sounds to me that he still had WMD (even though it may have been old) that could still be deadly if used. If these soldiers had to be treated for exposure, then the chemicals are still seriously active. He may not have been ACTIVE in producing these, but what he had could still be used.
They were freakin' buried in the sand and were from the 1980's. Bush claimed that Iraq had an ACTIVE chemical weapons program. He lied.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

sorry, but you're mistaken.