• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

But I hate World of Warcraft!

D

Doc

I have one. Just like Vader's. A Blue one, like Obi Wan's as well.

Bleh, I'm not a GEEK, or anything...I just spend hundreds of dollars on Goofy Geek Toys!

D

Doc

A Company named 'Paizo' has taken over and upgraded the D & D rules.

FAR better system, now. Lots of skills, feats, and specializations. ALL of your attributes can matter, even if not central for your class, and lots of variety.

Plus, they publish a series of on-going adventures, with on-going stories, aids, maps, etc.

Jen

Senator
The game needed tightening up. But Gary Gygax started a good thing way back when.

A Company named 'Paizo' has taken over and upgraded the D & D rules.

FAR better system, now. Lots of skills, feats, and specializations. ALL of your attributes can matter, even if not central for your class, and lots of variety.

Plus, they publish a series of on-going adventures, with on-going stories, aids, maps, etc.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
I know it's cheating...but there's an option to turn off the ugly effects of the Force in options.

Of course, how would anyone know just how evil we are without it?

D

Doc

I did not know that!

I did know, however, that, the opossing classes are suppossedly identical in their abilities, even though said abilities LOOK different.

Either way, pretty fun game, thus far. I am a huge Role Player, so I LOVE the storylines.

Recently, though, my friends and I are picking back up on STO. We basically have several such games that we play for months at a time, then switch, only to come back later....

What Server are you on?

Wulk

Mayor
Cicero; if you're looking for brain games and memory training, I'd recommend this site: https://www.lumosity.com - it actually works.

Remember dungeon master on the Atari St, its follow up wasn't so good, but, it kept me going for months - killing herds of dragons.

I like the space sim games, and the best, imho, is Evochron Mercenary - quite cheap too, and has an excellent MP service, you can find the download demo here: http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/downloads.htm

I liked all the C&C games, I hear that they're bring some new stuff out soon. Still waiting for the sequel to Starflight - Wings of Liberty; the dreaded Zerg.

D

Doc

I think my buddies and I are on an East Coast Server, and, I believe it is Kathol Rift, but am not certain.

Also, I do not think they have character transfers yet, but, when they do, I will try to get my friends to switch.