• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

California first covid Case

EatTheRich

President
It doesn't take "ideological refusal" to note that there are many "deadly" diseases, and we don't close down the entire economy over them. This one, however, does have a singularly unique characteristic which made crashing the economy to "cope" with it an irresistible "option" - it occurred in a re-election year for the President you people have been trying for four years to overthrow.
This will be the deadliest disease since AIDS, possibly the deadliest since the 1918-1920 flu. The economy will be in better shape if we don’t let millions of Americans die and THEN watch businesses collapse because people are afraid to go out in public.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
I linked to the CDC instructions which said that counting at as a COVId death required both a positive diagnosis and a primary medical examiner’a determination that COVId was the main cause of death.
Which means if they would have died within a week from kidney failure but died today of covid-19 - that is a covid-19 death; which does not in the overall scheme of things change the overall death stats in a way that would suggest the need to send 100 million Americans onto the unemployment rolls.

Raoul_Luke

This will be the deadliest disease since AIDS, possibly the deadliest since the 1918-1920 flu. The economy will be in better shape if we don’t let millions of Americans die and THEN watch businesses collapse because people are afraid to go out in public.
Yes, that is the left's premise - one that is looking more and more ridiculous by the day.

Maybe America would be in "better shape" if we stop violent arrests of people who fail to wear a mask in public:

EatTheRich

President
Yes, that is the left's premise - one that is looking more and more ridiculous by the day.

Maybe America would be in "better shape" if we stop violent arrests of people who fail to wear a mask in public:

What you call “the left’s premise” is the near-unanimous position of the medical community.

EatTheRich

President
Which means if they would have died within a week from kidney failure but died today of covid-19 - that is a covid-19 death; which does not in the overall scheme of things change the overall death stats in a way that would suggest the need to send 100 million Americans onto the unemployment rolls.
Yes, just as if you “would have died in a week from kidney failure” but instead die of suicide, your death is coded as a suicide. Just as if you would have (had you not been infected with SARS-Cov-2) survived for decades with chronic kidney disease which contributed to your death from COVId-19, your death is coded as due to COVId-19 ... assuming you are one of the few to have been tested ... otherwise it will be coded as something else even if it was COVId-19 that killed you. And just as if you would have died in an hour from COVId-19 but instead you die of an unrelated heart attack, your death is coded as due to heart attack.

Raoul_Luke

Yes, just as if you “would have died in a week from kidney failure” but instead die of suicide, your death is coded as a suicide. Just as if you would have (had you not been infected with SARS-Cov-2) survived for decades with chronic kidney disease which contributed to your death from COVId-19, your death is coded as due to COVId-19 ... assuming you are one of the few to have been tested ... otherwise it will be coded as something else even if it was COVId-19 that killed you. And just as if you would have died in an hour from COVId-19 but instead you die of an unrelated heart attack, your death is coded as due to heart attack.
At least if I die of any reason save covid-19 weeks or days before dying of old age, I'm not throwing 100 million people onto the unemployment rolls.

EatTheRich

President
At least if I die of any reason save covid-19 weeks or days before dying of old age, I'm not throwing 100 million people onto the unemployment rolls.
Vietnam handled this without an appreciable increase in unemployment. The U.S. could not because it does not have the advantages of a planned economy.