• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

California first covid Case

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that was decided in 1865.

That is why there are all those cabinet members that trump keeps replacing with political temps. The Governor of Fla. even said that TRUMP gives him his direction.
California...not Florida

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I addressed it. Open your eyes. I said that evidently the California governor wasn’t doing right by not shutting down the damn state or whatever you want me to say. How many times do I have to say it before it penetrates? But you never want to address trumps mistakes you ignore threads like you’ve done today that shows things he has done wrong and with links to prove it. The only threads that you want to enter into conversation with are the ones where you or your buddies here praise Trump and ridicule others.
Uh.... you're in my thread...again.

Post one of your high brow posts.....

Lol

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
He took the president’s assurances that everything was well in hand for good coin. Too bad so many of his citizens died as a result of his trusting Trump.
Nice

Another affirmation....a governor totally dependent on trump

Nice bending over backwards to toe the line

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Why do we have a federal government, if there are not national tasks that the federal government is more capable to undertake than any individual state?
Again...day one...first case....

The federal government was to act on the first case?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
He took the president’s assurances that everything was well in hand for good coin. Too bad so many of his citizens died as a result of his trusting Trump.
Would you rather Trump waited 6 months as in 2009?

EatTheRich

President
Like doing what? A travel ban Dems called racist? Because you keep repeating the line doesn't make it true.
How about testing everyone who had contact with the infected person, with mandatory quarantines and downstream contact tracing for anyone who tested positive (or showed symptoms in the days before reliable tests could be made available) and immediately requiring industry to produce PPE, ventilators, and tests.

EatTheRich

President
The media almost NEVER does ANYTHING “rightly”. I’m gonna have to go full Dikembe Mutumbo and swat that trash. Don’t bring that junk down here.

:)
You want to argue that Trump’s response ... which left Americans without power or clean water for months ... was competent and caring?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They should have been on top of it from the first news of cases in China ... you know, as has been the case with previous potential pandemics for decades.

Yes yes. But..assuming a perfect world....but that one case got through to California.... What should the governor have done on that day.....?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Zzz. Birx....not brix

Nice screed.

In my world decent people don't spend their days [Unwelcome language removed] on everything and everyone

Enjoy your day
A DECENT person wouldn’t defend Trump and then try to lie out of it.

Mick

The Right is always right
The U.S. did more in 2009 just in terms of getting PPE to hospitals in the first two weeks than it has done in 2020 to date.

First of all, you are talking out of your ass. No evidence to back this claim of "first two weeks" Secondly, Obama depleted the stache leaving the cupboard bare. It was his responsibility to replace what he used. He never did. How come you can't come to grips with that?

Spamature

President
You didn't address anything I said. I don't care about the governors of Georgia or Alabama. You are trying to claim Newsome was a clueless dunce who sat there for 2 months long after the Trump administration had taken decisive action. Newsome's California Department of Public Health works hand in hand with the CDC and has all the latest information. You are not helping your case here.....at all. You are just making Dems look like incompetent dolts.
Newsome was the first leader to take action to mitigate the spread of the virus. He should be commended for both his plan and execution which has saved tens of thousands of lives.

Old Slothy with his weak and dithering response has allowed hundreds of thousands, likely millions, of people to become infected and it as lead to thousands of deaths. The proof is in the divergent outcomes each has had.

Mick

The Right is always right
Newsome was the first leader to take action to mitigate the spread of the virus. He should be commended for both his plan and execution which has saved tens of thousands of lives.

When did he action and far behind Trump's did it lag?

Spamature

President
When did he action and far behind Trump's did it lag?
He shut down the state 48 hrs after Trump declared his national emergency.

2 weeks ago it was ordered that non essential business would have their water and power shut off if they continued to defy the shut down and remained open.

Two days ago they requested that everyone wear mask when they go out in public.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
A DECENT person wouldn’t defend Trump and then try to lie out of it.

Lie what? Simple question..

On what date should the governor of California have locked the state down if not when the first case was identified?? Why the delay?

Step up and step out of your doctrinaire lock step....

Come on....you can do it... A decent person certainly can see it (and your indecent behavior..in refusing to see it)

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The order on March 19 faced massive right-wing opposition despite its manifest necessity. Can you imagine how much opposition there would have been had the order been given earlier in the crisis’s unfolding?
Maybe you haven't noticed but the "crisis" is "unfolding" well below the estimates from the models that these actions were taken upon. So clearly its "manifest necessity" was, well, overstated (at the time).