• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

California first covid Case

Spamature

President
Why would Trump need to shut down California?
He didn't but the entire country should have acted as one. His inaction has harmed that efforts of the other states significantly by allowing the infection to incubate in the populations of some state. While states like Ca and others are Wmaking an extremely costly effort to eradicate it in their populations. He's harmed their efforts and tossed their sacrifices to the wayside.

Spamature

President
Maybe you haven't noticed but the "crisis" is "unfolding" well below the estimates from the models that these actions were taken upon. So clearly its "manifest necessity" was, well, overstated (at the time).
Because of the shut downs he had absolutely nothing to do with.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
He didn't but the entire country should have acted as one. His inaction has harmed that efforts of the other states significantly by allowing the infection to incubate in the populations of some state. While states like Ca and others are Wmaking an extremely costly effort to eradicate it in their populations. He's harmed their efforts and tossed their sacrifices to the wayside.
That is frankly stupid. The idea that the entire country needed to be shut down (earlier) is insipid. For some perspective, Covid deaths are less than 2% of total deaths - and even that is likely overstated by 100% as at least half of these people dying of "Covid" would have died without it. So a 1% increase in deaths does not warrant throwing 100 million people out of work. You people clearly designed this response to do maximum damage to the economy as a way of beating Trump in November. It really doesn't get lower than that...

Spamature

President
LOL! The models factored the shut downs in. The numbers are well below even what they projected WITH shut downs.
Where is your evidence that, that is true. It is now approaching 2000 deaths a day in this country. It was approaching 10000 before Monday and by the end of today it will be over 15,000

Last edited:

Raoul_Luke

Where is your evidence that, that is true. It is now approaching 2000 deaths a day in this country. It was approach 10000 Monday and by the end of today it will be over 14000
Average daily deaths in March are over 8,000. The real key here is that most of these "covid" deaths would have been in the total anyway, plus or minus a few weeks or months. If the total deaths for 2020 are within the "normal" range, that will prove this. And if we're in the Greatest Depression by the time that stat comes in, where do the tens of millions go to get their jobs back?

Spamature

President
That is frankly stupid. The idea that the entire country needed to be shut down (earlier) is insipid. For some perspective, Covid deaths are less than 2% of total deaths - and even that is likely overstated by 100% as at least half of these people dying of "Covid" would have died without it. So a 1% increase in deaths does not warrant throwing 100 million people out of work. You people clearly designed this response to do maximum damage to the economy as a way of beating Trump in November. It really doesn't get lower than that...
If you are going to tell me that their was not a significant increase in deaths in ICU you are lying to both me and yourself. It is despicable to pretend otherwise and say they would have died anyway. When only 0.6% have been tested as you are making this claim.

Raoul_Luke

So you are saying the response to the Corona virus was designed to stop Trump rallies?

Designed by whom?
The left and their enablers in the media. It's not a coincidence that the whole covid bruhaha started up soon after the (failed) impeachment.

Last edited:

Raoul_Luke

Please explain how the left has dictated the response to Corona virus.

Trump is president.

How did the left pull it off (to stop Trump rallies)?

I am genuinely curious.
Democrats and the media routinely cooperate in creating narratives. This time it was "everyone is dying and Trump is doing nothing." Democratic governors jumped in with tin pot authoritarian shut downs of entire states. And Trump, who is not really a statesmen, was easily swayed by the mandarin Republicans that he had to go along or lose in November so they could "use the crisis" to open up the money spigot:

And the rest, as they say, is history...

FakeName

Governor
Democrats and the media routinely cooperate in creating narratives. This time it was "everyone is dying and Trump is doing nothing." Democratic governors jumped in with tin pot authoritarian shut downs of entire states. And Trump, who is not really a statesmen, was easily swayed by the mandarin Republicans that he had to go along or lose in November so they could "use the crisis" to open up the money spigot:

And the rest, as they say, is history...
lol.

Democrats and the media have both done their best to speak factually.......that is not "cooperating on a narrative"......not everything is a conspiracy or a plot.

Yes Democratic governor's like Gavin Newsom have been proactive in the absence of federal leadership, but Trump rarely has rallies in blue States anyway.

And He could still have rallies in the eight red States that have no stay at home order.

If Trump is as weak and easily cowed as you claim why are you supporting him.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Wow, the Dems running the blue shitholes are completely helpless without President Trump. Interesting...
Or...they listened to him when he said there was no problem...just as dumb as listening to "W" when he said he wouldn't invade Iraq, he just wanted to be able to threaten Saddam into letting the inspectors back in....

voyager

4Q2247365
ok!

so the first case there was March 1st. should he have shut the state down with a stay at home on March 1?

Phil, it ain't about the first case or the fifth case or the tenth case. It's about getting ahead of the curve.

and I have explained how to do it twice already which is plenty for everyone else. I'm not going to do it again.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Phil, it ain't about the first case or the fifth case or the tenth case. It's about getting ahead of the curve.

and I have explained how to do it twice already which is plenty for everyone else. I'm not going to do it again.
why do you keep repeating it. everybody understood it already...

i am addressing the rules set forth... that any delay led to our catastrophic state.. cali gets a pass, for it;s delay...

it's ok. all is under control and unfolding as expected. thanks for contributing.

voyager

4Q2247365
why do you keep repeating it. everybody understood it already...

i am addressing the rules set forth... that any delay led to our catastrophic state.. cali gets a pass, for it;s delay...

it's ok. all is under control and unfolding as expected. thanks for contributing.

whatever

Raoul_Luke

lol.

Democrats and the media have both done their best to speak factually.......that is not "cooperating on a narrative"......not everything is a conspiracy or a plot.

Yes Democratic governor's like Gavin Newsom have been proactive in the absence of federal leadership, but Trump rarely has rallies in blue States anyway.

And He could still have rallies in the eight red States that have no stay at home order.

If Trump is as weak and easily cowed as you claim why are you supporting him.
Factually? LOL! Was it "factual" when they reported the potential for 1.4 million deaths? And it doesn't have to be a "conspiracy" to be cooperation, or coordination. They are like minded and take their ques from each other. What, you've never seen the video montages of them using the exact same talking points?

How many times do I have to say it - I DO NOT "SUPPORT" TRUMP!!! I support the facts, the truth, the real - none of which are (unfortunately) a part of the left's repertoire or agenda.

FakeName

Governor
Factually? LOL! Was it "factual" when they reported the potential for 1.4 million deaths? And it doesn't have to be a "conspiracy" to be cooperation, or coordination. They are like minded and take their ques from each other. What, you've never seen the video montages of them using the exact same talking points?

How many times do I have to say it - I DO NOT "SUPPORT" TRUMP!!! I support the facts, the truth, the real - none of which are (unfortunately) a part of the left's repertoire or agenda.
Take a dare and for a month get your info only from sources that are at least 50 years old. The reason it seems to you that the left and the media are coordinating is because they are both interested in "the facts, the truth, the real". It used to be that we agreed on the basic facts just not what to do about them. What has changed is the rise of right wing radio, Fox news and the internet......in other words alternative facts, propaganda as news.

Try it.