• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

California first covid Case

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You haven't demonstrated that all. Your posts are largely regurgitated propaganda from activist "news" sources.

Here's a quick test - how many deaths were there in the USA in March 2020? Now, how many were there in March 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016? Use whatever source you want but just get those numbers and get back to me.

FakeName

Governor
Here's a quick test - how many deaths were there in the USA in March 2020? Now, how many were there in March 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016? Use whatever source you want but just get those numbers and get back to me.
Your test is ridiculous. Those numbers would come from gov. agencies or other NGOs, journalists would only report those numbers.

Here is a test for you. Take my challenge. See what happens. Nothing to be afraid of.

Or don't take it and remain fogged by propaganda. It's your call.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Your test is ridiculous. Those numbers would come from gov. agencies or other NGOs, journalists would only report those numbers.

Here is a test for you. Take my challenge. See what happens. Nothing to be afraid of.

Or don't take it and remain fogged by propaganda. It's your call.
Exactly! They are facts. And the fact that you are dodging it exposes your intellectual bankruptcy here.

FakeName

Governor
Exactly! They are facts. And the fact that you are dodging it exposes your intellectual bankruptcy here.
exactly. They are facts collected by gov. and other agencies, and only reported by news agencies.

That is what I said.

The fact that you thought that would be some sort of test reveals your "intellectual bankruptsy here".

Why not take my challenge?

What are you afraid of?

The truth?

EatTheRich

President
Yes yes. But..assuming a perfect world....but that one case got through to California.... What should the governor have done on that day.....?
Contact tracing with testing and mandatory quarantine for anyone who had contact with the infected person. And begin replenishing supplies of materials needed by hospitals.

EatTheRich

President
Maybe you haven't noticed but the "crisis" is "unfolding" well below the estimates from the models that these actions were taken upon. So clearly its "manifest necessity" was, well, overstated (at the time).
No. Social distancing is preventing the worst-case scenario from playing out.

EatTheRich

President
Perhaps it has escaped your notice, but the "pandemic" is unfolding at levels WELL BELOW the projections that these decisions were based upon. So, in fact, Trump (and those who suggested waiting) were, in fact, 100% correct. Had we known the models were so far off, maybe we could have quarantined the elderly and sick instead of everybody. And then we could have avoided the economic depression we are now entering because we were forced to follow the alarmists' demands instead of exercising due diligence.
Which was more accurate, the projection of millions of Americans being infected made by academic epidemiologists, or Trump’s projection that the number infected would be 15, shortly dropping down to 0?

EatTheRich

President
It is a myth that rhino horns have medicinal use. Sheetmetal unions and pipefitter unions routinely fight over scope delineation.

(I’m afraid this, once again, has nothing at all to do with the subject).
Like it or not, the Trump administration’s demonstrated pattern of callousness and incompetence has everything to do with the devastating scope of the present crisis.

EatTheRich

President
That is frankly stupid. The idea that the entire country needed to be shut down (earlier) is insipid. For some perspective, Covid deaths are less than 2% of total deaths - and even that is likely overstated by 100% as at least half of these people dying of "Covid" would have died without it. So a 1% increase in deaths does not warrant throwing 100 million people out of work. You people clearly designed this response to do maximum damage to the economy as a way of beating Trump in November. It really doesn't get lower than that...

EatTheRich

President
Average daily deaths in March are over 8,000. The real key here is that most of these "covid" deaths would have been in the total anyway, plus or minus a few weeks or months. If the total deaths for 2020 are within the "normal" range, that will prove this. And if we're in the Greatest Depression by the time that stat comes in, where do the tens of millions go to get their jobs back?
Evidence that those people would not have survived years or decades longer otherwise?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, it has Obama's signature at the bottom. Second, none of the budget was earmarked to replace that PPE so that's a complete moot point.

This is Obama's doing no matter your desperation to convince otherwise.
ACA skimming from national preparedness funds didnt help, too...

EatTheRich

President
why do you keep repeating it. everybody understood it already...

i am addressing the rules set forth... that any delay led to our catastrophic state.. cali gets a pass, for it;s delay...

it's ok. all is under control and unfolding as expected. thanks for contributing.
No one is faulting Trump for not doing what no one was telling him to do in January. People are criticizing Trump for not doing what his own DoD and HHS were telling him to do in January, and for not doing until late March or April what governors, mayors, health professionals, and members of Congress were begging him to do throughout February and March.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No one is faulting Trump for not doing what no one was telling him to do in January. People are criticizing Trump for not doing what his own DoD and HHS were telling him to do in January, and for not doing until late March or April what governors, mayors, health professionals, and members of Congress were begging him to do throughout February and March.

back to square one..
when was the appropriate time to do..something like say....tell the US population to stay at home..thereby cratering the economy, ruining finances, cratering the GDP, destroying 401k's etc.. like we saw when he did it in part?

EatTheRich

President
First of all, it has Obama's signature at the bottom. Second, none of the budget was earmarked to replace that PPE so that's a complete moot point.

This is Obama's doing no matter your desperation to convince otherwise.
Yes, Obama is to blame for compromising with (capitulating to) the right instead of mobilizing the kind of massive popular movement that could have won the day for the left. But he couldn’t do that without sowing the seeds of a revolution that could upend the whole capitalist system he was defending. So he was stuck with draconian budget cuts and had to cut things like PPE in order to be able to continue to furnish the CDC with other things like microscopes and refrigerators.