• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

California is breaking records....

connieb

Senator
If you don't need to scare your kids, what is your objection to having them vaccinated?
The efficacy of the vaccination, the potential side effects of the vaccination. And the fact that until they are old enough to consent to the vaccination themselves, they are not mature enough to consent to sex.

connieb

Senator
A child's best role model should be his/her dad or mom (or grandfather, grandmother, etc) someone close enough to be, real, in their lives and one who can impart real knowledge and wisdom and love. It should not be just someone who can play a guitar, throw a football, sink a round ball in the basket, or spew filthy lyrics in rhythmic poetic anger..
I agree. I hate the whole "hero/role model" thing that is promoted in the media just because I dislike the insinuation - as it is presented it is a follower mentality. But, I agree that parents SHOULD be the best role models and of course making sure there are other good people in their lives, grandparents, relatives, close family friends.

connieb

Senator
So you're raising your children in something like an Amish household....no TV, no radio, no internet, no newspapers? You'd better be homeschooling them, too.
There is nothing wrong with an Amish household nor with homeschooling, though we do neither. I am forever surprised though at how the left readily disparages the life choices and habits of others and then have the audacity to call themselves "tolerant." Its like they can not stand for people to not be dupes and followers and jump on their bandwagon.

Anyhoo. My children certainly have access to TV and the internet. But we are a very busy family. They are very busy children as they are expected to get straight A's or at least honor roll, play instruments, are in several extra circulars, and we also travel frequently. We don't follow any sports at all since we gave up the NFL last year, which was a great learning opportunity for the kids, and so they probably could hardly come up with more than a handful of professional athletes. When they aren't busy doing their chores, schoolwork or other activities, they play. Like kids. Not on devices. They play make believe games, make forts, build ramps to jump with their bikes, etc. They do crafts and stuff like legos and build robots and model air planes and climb trees. We also do a TON of family activities and travel quite a bit. They are certainly not deprived nor is their media heavily censored beyond age appropriate content. Its merely that we are busy, we don't put a premium AT ALL on media, and basically actively work to keep them far more engaged with living life and way too interested in our next adventure or their next adventure, to follow along with the adventures and antics of a bunch of celebrities.

EatTheRich

President
The efficacy of the vaccination, the potential side effects of the vaccination. And the fact that until they are old enough to consent to the vaccination themselves, they are not mature enough to consent to sex.
If you question the efficacy of it, that only increases your responsibility to make sure they get it ... since if it works in 90% of cases but not in the other 10% then reducing the reservoir of infected individuals via general vaccination makes it so much less likely that an ineffective vaccine leads to an infection. The potential side effects are extremely rare ... much more rare than the chances of infection via a single contact which statistically speaking occurs in most cases before the age of 18 ... and generally mild.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
There is nothing wrong with an Amish household nor with homeschooling, though we do neither. I am forever surprised though at how the left readily disparages the life choices and habits of others and then have the audacity to call themselves "tolerant." Its like they can not stand for people to not be dupes and followers and jump on their bandwagon.

Anyhoo. My children certainly have access to TV and the internet. But we are a very busy family. They are very busy children as they are expected to get straight A's or at least honor roll, play instruments, are in several extra circulars, and we also travel frequently. We don't follow any sports at all since we gave up the NFL last year, which was a great learning opportunity for the kids, and so they probably could hardly come up with more than a handful of professional athletes. When they aren't busy doing their chores, schoolwork or other activities, they play. Like kids. Not on devices. They play make believe games, make forts, build ramps to jump with their bikes, etc. They do crafts and stuff like legos and build robots and model air planes and climb trees. We also do a TON of family activities and travel quite a bit. They are certainly not deprived nor is their media heavily censored beyond age appropriate content. Its merely that we are busy, we don't put a premium AT ALL on media, and basically actively work to keep them far more engaged with living life and way too interested in our next adventure or their next adventure, to follow along with the adventures and antics of a bunch of celebrities.
Who are you trying to convince that you're the perfect parent?

Anyhow, just remember to lock your children in their rooms when they hit puberty.

EatTheRich

President
Yes and? You are free to sacrifice yourself for the herd. I prefer not to be part of the herd at all. And again, we are not talking about a disease which is readily communicable by casual contact, so at risk populations - are not at risk of casual exposure if for some reason they are immunocompromised and cant get the vaccine.
If your kids get the vaccine and are not exposed to the unattenuated virus, no harm done (almost certainly). If they are not vaccinated and are exposed, they get infected, probably pass the infection on to others, and more people get cancer as a result.

connieb

Senator
If you question the efficacy of it, that only increases your responsibility to make sure they get it ... since if it works in 90% of cases but not in the other 10% then reducing the reservoir of infected individuals via general vaccination makes it so much less likely that an ineffective vaccine leads to an infection. The potential side effects are extremely rare ... much more rare than the chances of infection via a single contact which statistically speaking occurs in most cases before the age of 18 ... and generally mild.
They may be rare and that may be a risk you are willing to take. It is not a risk, I am willing to take for my children and one they can decide for themselves to take when they are of age.

connieb

Senator
If your kids get the vaccine and are not exposed to the unattenuated virus, no harm done (almost certainly). If they are not vaccinated and are exposed, they get infected, probably pass the infection on to others, and more people get cancer as a result.

Then it is the fault of the children, and their partners. If their partners are worried about being infected they are free - to get the vaccine, abstain, make sure they are both clean, etc.

EatTheRich

President
They may be rare and that may be a risk you are willing to take. It is not a risk, I am willing to take for my children and one they can decide for themselves to take when they are of age.
You're taking the much greater risk of their becoming infected. I know you think they will choose to be virgins until they die, but statistically speaking they will not. Millions of other parents whose kids will get infected thinks the same thing.

EatTheRich

President
Then it is the fault of the children, and their partners. If their partners are worried about being infected they are free - to get the vaccine, abstain, make sure they are both clean, etc.
You raised concerns about the vaccine's efficacy ... which means even those getting the vaccine also rely on others getting it as well, in case it doesn't work in their particular case (since viruses and immune systems vary, but a large drop in transmission/infection reduces the chance of a virus that would have infected even a particular vaccinated person being around to do so). And you can approach public health from the standpoint of your ideal of behavior or you can base your approach on reality.

connieb

Senator
You're taking the much greater risk of their becoming infected. I know you think they will choose to be virgins until they die, but statistically speaking they will not. Millions of other parents whose kids will get infected thinks the same thing.
Always to the hyperbole. I do not expect them to be virgins until they die. I do expect them to be responsible and protect their bodies, their persons, their mental health - by being dilligent and chosey in their sex partners as well as in their overall sexual habits, that includes abstaining until they can make a proper determination of consent at which time they can consent to the vaccine for themselves.

connieb

Senator
You raised concerns about the vaccine's efficacy ... which means even those getting the vaccine also rely on others getting it as well, in case it doesn't work in their particular case (since viruses and immune systems vary, but a large drop in transmission/infection reduces the chance of a virus that would have infected even a particular vaccinated person being around to do so). And you can approach public health from the standpoint of your ideal of behavior or you can base your approach on reality.
It is not my job or interest to approach "public health" as anything other than what it is . A collection of people and individual behaviors that create health problems for those people.
In some cases - like diseases that are transmitted by casual contact - there is a certain amount of Gov't intervention and/or recommendation that may be appropriate. But when one can avoid exposure - by avoiding a very specific non casual activity - then it is up to that person - to moderate their own behavior. It is not my obligation to risk a vaccination - so that other people don't risk infection because the vaccine is not effective. But to the extent that it is not effective - it is MORE effective - to merely not engage in the kind of activities - ie having sex with an infected person - than to have the vaccine.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Yeah on that economy thing you do realize that the numbers are only a reflection of population density and not actual ecomonic health right?

Jo
If it's a question of population density, my Offal friend, then how come the US economy bests both China and the European Union?

You might want to stick to the MAGAs and heil Trumps. Practice your goose-stepping and bathroom hygiene; let your less virtuous brothers and allies take-up the intellectual battle.

EatTheRich

President
Always to the hyperbole. I do not expect them to be virgins until they die. I do expect them to be responsible and protect their bodies, their persons, their mental health - by being dilligent and chosey in their sex partners as well as in their overall sexual habits, that includes abstaining until they can make a proper determination of consent at which time they can consent to the vaccine for themselves.
Good luck with that irresponsible expectation.

SouthernBoyI

SouthernBoy
I know a lil something about public health.....

In most cases it is a scam for less talented/honorable practitioners to get on the government tit.

SB