• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

California Makes Child Prostitution Legal!

BobbyT

Governor
It lost its effectiveness after the first usage. So why do you want kids soliciting sex on the streets with impunity? What other conclusion can one come to since you agree that forbidding arrests for what is obviously despicable behavior?
What's despicable is accusing someone of wanting kids soliciting sex. For those children, you think it's despicable to not want to starve to death? What do you propose these children do to earn money?

D

Deleted member 21794

What's despicable is accusing someone of wanting kids soliciting sex. For those children, you think it's despicable to not want to starve to death? What do you propose these children do to earn money?
I propose they get a job. I see help wanted signs all over the place. They can be arrested, put into some sort of rehab and trained to act like normal people. But nooooooooo..... liberals have decided arresting criminals for soliciting criminal behavior is no bueno.

BobbyT

Governor
I propose they get a job. I see help wanted signs all over the place. They can be arrested, put into some sort of rehab and trained to act like normal people. But nooooooooo..... liberals have decided arresting criminals for soliciting criminal behavior is no bueno.
What "sort of rehab" do you have in mind? Does it exist?

D

Deleted member 21794

You think refugees have assets?
No. That's one reason we shouldn't let them in. The other reasons include they would fit in better politically, socially, culturally and religiously in countries much closer to them and not $20 trillion in debt. There's simply no reason for us to let them in.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No. That's one reason we shouldn't let them in. The other reasons include they would fit in better politically, socially, culturally and religiously in countries much closer to them and not $20 trillion in debt. There's simply no reason for us to let them in.
and another damn good reason to not allow them in

upload_2017-2-11_21-54-5.pngyep

BobbyT

Governor
As one not worshipping the god of mammon, people's net worth is not terribly important to me. As a citizen of a country chock full of immigrants, my own family included, I am more interested in their interest in working hard and building a good life. As my family did. As, I expect, your family did. Religion is not important, we are a country of many religions. Politically and socially and culturally, we are a mix of many and we do very well with that mix. We will continue to do so. The more good ideas we attract, from the most diverse sources we can get, the better off we are. I'm all about best practices.

D

Deleted member 21794

Good job, you can Google. Are those programs available in California? To children? At no cost? Will someone shepherd them through? .
So California can't start any similar programs? You don't expect them to do so now that the state has opted to treat them like victims instead of criminals? When I remind you of that obvious obligation, you now demand they be at no cost and already up and running? By whom? Is jail at no cost? Why should the replacement be? Should the shepherd be a volunteer? What's next, you demand a NAMBLA member be the shepherd?

Please.... at least stop denying you want more children on the street soliciting adults for sex. It is abundantly clear, based on your demands, that is what you want. At least have enough integrity to admit it. Shame on you for wanting more kids on the street soliciting sex. What other conclusion can one come to based on your responses?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21794

As one not worshipping the god of mammon, people's net worth is not terribly important to me. As a citizen of a country chock full of immigrants, my own family included, I am more interested in their interest in working hard and building a good life. As my family did. As, I expect, your family did. Religion is not important, we are a country of many religions. Politically and socially and culturally, we are a mix of many and we do very well with that mix. We will continue to do so. The more good ideas we attract, from the most diverse sources we can get, the better off we are. I'm all about best practices.
Great! So then we agree immigrants should come here to work. So there's no reason for you to not support not providing welfare services to new immigrants for some period of years to insure that, correct? And you leftists- you're always whining how we should be like other countries. Try getting a visa to stay in most any other country without showing you have financial means and/or skills to provide for yourself. As to your religious beliefs, I couldn't care less. I am simply a practical person who doesn't think a country is the deepest debt on the planet has any business importing people likely to increase that debt. What a shame you care so little about our children and grandchildren who will pay the price for the folly you so desire.

Still, the fact remains these soldiers "refugees" are involved in a regional conflict. It's up to the region to deal with the conflict as well as the consequences. Why are you so insistent me keep involving ourselves in other people's affairs?

I also notice you completely avoided the matter of work skills, yet screech about "best practices". Is it "best practices" to not even consider whether a person has skills the US needs before letting them in? Is it "best practices" to flood the already low-paid labor market with yet even more unskilled labor?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21794

I don't view allowing someone who wants to move here, and has fulfilled whatever requirements there are for doing so, as "thieving."
Coming here illegally satisfies "fulfilled whatever requirements"????? On what planet?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well, pretty much. It is now against the law to arrest prostitute under the age of 18. The stated intent is to make the girls victims rather than criminals. What insanity.

From the liars at Politifact, who gave "California Makes Child Prostitution Legal" a pants on fire rating:

Last year, Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law Senate Bill 1322. It decriminalizes prostitution for minors by preventing law enforcement from arresting people under 18 for soliciting sex or loitering with intent to commit prostitution. Supporters of the law said it’s designed to treat children involved in prostitution as victims rather than as criminals.

http://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2017/jan/04/travis-allen/lawmakers-claim-about-california-legalizing-child-/

While I agree this law doesn't make child prostitution illegal, it essentially decriminalizes it and will most certainly lead to more children being victimized.

I guess Democrats needed to throw a bone to the NAMBLA contingent.

If I were a pimp, I would now hire minors EXCLUSIVELY.

Democrats. Dumb, just plain evil or BOTH?
From your link:

Young people under age 18 who solicit sex won’t be arrested and sent to juvenile hall. Instead, officers will have the option of taking them into temporary custody if they are in immediate danger or need medical attention. It also says officers shall report the circumstances of minors engaged in prostitution to the county child welfare agency as abuse or neglect.

The law does nothing to change the fact that it is illegal to have sex with minors, solicit prostitutes or arrange clients.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Hilarious. So what, since they have decided to take an approach of not arresting for minors, you think that means they're going to come down hard on them for something else? That is certainly the impression you have created.

Furthermore, minors are charged with adult crimes all the time. Removing arrest for child prostitution is obviously going to encourage minors to become prostitutes. And sadly, this is targeted at what are among the most vulnerable- young runaways. Now pimps can tell them, "honey, dem pigs cant even arrest yo ass fo solicitation. Come wit me, I'll take good care o' you".

As for pimps needing a good lawyer, the chances of that are far less now thanks to this legislation.
You clearly think that young girls only avoid prostitution because of the possibility of a conviction.

D

Deleted member 21794

From your link:

Young people under age 18 who solicit sex won’t be arrested and sent to juvenile hall. Instead, officers will have the option of taking them into temporary custody if they are in immediate danger or need medical attention. It also says officers shall report the circumstances of minors engaged in prostitution to the county child welfare agency as abuse or neglect.

The law does nothing to change the fact that it is illegal to have sex with minors, solicit prostitutes or arrange clients.
What of it?

D

Deleted member 21794

Your post.

Removing arrest for child prostitution is obviously going to encourage minors to become prostitutes.
Of course that is true. That doesn't mean it's the ONLY reason children avoid prostitution. I'm certain most don't do it not because of the threat of arrest, but that they simply have too much respect for themselves. I'm amazed you don't realize this. Or is it simply your partisan blinders?