• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Can someone go find..

They left because they decided they couldn't take it. I had it very bad here for quite a while but I decided to stay. Frankly, I am glad some of them have gone and I have to snicker a little about the thin, insipid, badly run little board they went to. This board is wayyyyyyyyy better than that one.
I post there sometimes and really, there are some really really horrible posters there, including some of the old ones from here but much more and worse - when they come back here they bring that place with them, they are not the same as they were.

Jen

Senator
I post there sometimes and really, there are some really really horrible posters there, including some of the old ones from here but much more and worse - when they come back here they bring that place with them, they are not the same as they were.
I have noticed that. They do bring that place back with them and not in a good way. I am always glad to see posters return, though, but I see no reason to gush over them if they do.

Jen

Senator
They went to more than one place...about 4 other places actually.
I am sure it was at least 4 other places that they went to. There is no shortage of forums. I looked around at first, settled on this one, later was invited to another...........and those two (you know which two, @bdtex ) - this and one other - are the ones I like. PH was one I passed through and left behind because it just wasn't good. I felt the same about a number of others that I passed through and passed up.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

tried a few of those places in the past. I don't get the appeal, they seem slow as molasses as far as posting goes

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
Not for PJ it isn't. Stop being selfish.
Most forums are brutal. It seems that everyone has a brutal that they can take and a brutality they can't stomach.

PJ is brutal to both Lefty and Righty. Don't pretend it's just the Righties here who are brutal. It's not. There is a pretty balanced mix of brutality here that goes both ways. That's why I like it.

PH, on the other hand, is only brutal to Righty. Some enjoy that so that's why they went over to PH.

TPF is brutal to Lefties though there are constant (civil) battles between atheists and believers.

Every forum has its own slant. We want everyone to be comfortable here, but that just can't happen.

Jen

Senator
tried a few of those places in the past. I don't get the appeal, they seem slow as molasses as far as posting goes
I go to one other that is pretty fast. But it's a predominantly Righty board so the only real argument is atheists vs God believers.

This board has a good mix of Left and Right but it is pretty brutal. This isn't a "nicey nice" board but it's a good one. Only the tough stay here.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I go to one other that is pretty fast. But it's a predominantly Righty board so the only real argument is atheists vs God believers.

This board has a good mix of Left and Right but it is pretty brutal. This isn't a "nicey nice" board but it's a good one. Only the tough stay here.

I don't know ... seems to me this board is more of a modestly snippy one that's about it

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
I don't know ... seems to me this board is more of a modestly snippy one that's about it
Yah. I'd probably agree. ;) I tend to go the hyperbolic route on descriptions just for the fun of it.

Plus.

I wanted to say "only the tough stay here".....................and ya just can't say "it's a modestly snippy board and only the tough stay here".

Plus Plus

How dare you call some of my finest insults "modestly snippy".........I'll have you know it took time to think those up! Whell!

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yah. I'd probably agree. ;) I tend to go the hyperbolic route on descriptions just for the fun of it.

Plus.

I wanted to say "only the tough stay here".....................and ya just can't say "it's a modestly snippy board and only the tough stay here".

Plus Plus

How dare you call some of my finest insults "modestly snippy".........I'll have you know it took time to think those up! Whell!
Dunno about tough... Slow to motivate maybe..

That's not one of the 4 I am talking about. That would make 5 if I included it.
I agree that over the time we have been here we have lost some good posters but the good ones did not, on the whole, go on your watch. Which are the other there two apart from PH and the one Jen mentioned? I know people tried PF but don't know if they stayed.

Jen

Senator
I agree that over the time we have been here we have lost some good posters but the good ones did not, on the whole, go on your watch. Which are the other there two apart from PH and the one Jen mentioned? I know people tried PF but don't know if they stayed.
We lost some good ones before @bdtex became moderator. I guess that is on me. I really did work at getting us to a less stringent-on-the-small things moderation tactic.

I'm the only one left here now so that loss of some good posters lands squarely on my shoulders. I am sorry.

We lost some good ones before @bdtex became moderator. I guess that is on me. I really did work at getting us to a less stringent-on-the-small things moderation tactic.

I'm the only one left here now so that loss of some good posters lands squarely on my shoulders. I am sorry.
Mins -