• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Can Steph & Warriors get 'er done tonight?

Bo-4

Senator
Dang i'm such a fan of that kid. They were completely blown out by the Thunder last game. They were (as Chuck Barkley would say) .. TURRIBLE.

I correctly bet on the Thunder but had no idea they'd be up by over 40 points at one point.

Tonight i'm taking Warriors minus 1 point. Trust me, they WON'T go down 3-1 in this series.

Curry & Company don't do two turrible games in a row ;-)

Enjoy these 3rd quarter highlights - look for this tonight (TNT 9 PM EST)

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Maybe best game 7 EVER tonight!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/ct-warriors-thunder-game-7-20160530-story.html

C'mon .. have we no NBA fans in the house?
Sorry, didn't see these posts. Huge NBA fan here. This is one of the best times of the year.

As for Warriors Thunder, Klay Thompson single-handedly saved the Warriors season. What a shooting exhibition.

I'd like to see the Thunder win, simply because the chesty, boastful, mocking nature of the Warriors rubs me the wrong way. I'm honestly shocked that nobody has plowed Curry on a drive to the hoop for all of his showboating and mildly disrespectful demeanor.

Meanwhile, I have no idea how Draymond Green is still playing in this series. Multiple kicks to the head, pushes, cussing at the refs. I swear, there's a direct order to keep this guy in the series from upstairs by the NBA.

As for going forward, I'd say the odds are 70-30 that Golden State wraps this up. My take on the Warriors, and what makes them so great, are their role players. Sure, Thompson, Curry, and Green are great, but it's the long, athletic nature of the rest of the team that saves these guys much of the time. Notice that Thompson and Curry never have to D up the alpha dogs on the other team. Long, athletic role players like Iguadala, Livingston, Barnes, etc. do most of the dirty work. Besides Curry, pretty much every guy on that team is over 6'6", athletic, and quick. Meanwhile, those same group of guys, including Speights, Barbosa, etc. all are what keeps the Warriors going. I've never seen such a deep team. Of course, the media will give Curry all the credit, but no other team has ever had the assets this Warriors team has.

And, I'm a Cleveland native. The Cavs have been my team through thick and thin. I'm pumped for whoever comes out of the West. I have plenty of analysis on the Cavs, but I'll save that for another thread of post.

For game 7, Durant will have to step up, as he was pretty much the guy who didn't show up in Game 6. Granted, he scored a high total, but being 10-31 is Iverson/Carmelo numbers. Also, throughout that game, Durant would take 3's that would be absolute knock-out punches, but they just weren't dropping. OKC just couldn't land that knock-out punch, which left hope for Golden State. That entire game, I was always surprised to see that GS was only down 8, or 10. At times, that game should have been 15-20 point leads for the Thunder.

However, Role players always play well at home, and the Warriors have the best role players in the league. I expect Barnes to knock down 3-4 3's, Speights to add 10-12 points, Livingston 10-12 points, same with Iguadala. Curry will probably continue to struggle (at least for his standards) to shoot over Durant and other tall players. Maybe Draymond will finally have a good game, as he's been struggling this series.

My pick: GS 110 OKC 100

Bo-4

Senator
Sorry, didn't see these posts. Huge NBA fan here. This is one of the best times of the year.

As for Warriors Thunder, Klay Thompson single-handedly saved the Warriors season. What a shooting exhibition.

I'd like to see the Thunder win, simply because the chesty, boastful, mocking nature of the Warriors rubs me the wrong way. I'm honestly shocked that nobody has plowed Curry on a drive to the hoop for all of his showboating and mildly disrespectful demeanor.

Meanwhile, I have no idea how Draymond Green is still playing in this series. Multiple kicks to the head, pushes, cussing at the refs. I swear, there's a direct order to keep this guy in the series from upstairs by the NBA.

As for going forward, I'd say the odds are 70-30 that Golden State wraps this up. My take on the Warriors, and what makes them so great, are their role players. Sure, Thompson, Curry, and Green are great, but it's the long, athletic nature of the rest of the team that saves these guys much of the time. Notice that Thompson and Curry never have to D up the alpha dogs on the other team. Long, athletic role players like Iguadala, Livingston, Barnes, etc. do most of the dirty work. Besides Curry, pretty much every guy on that team is over 6'6", athletic, and quick. Meanwhile, those same group of guys, including Speights, Barbosa, etc. all are what keeps the Warriors going. I've never seen such a deep team. Of course, the media will give Curry all the credit, but no other team has ever had the assets this Warriors team has.

And, I'm a Cleveland native. The Cavs have been my team through thick and thin. I'm pumped for whoever comes out of the West. I have plenty of analysis on the Cavs, but I'll save that for another thread of post.

For game 7, Durant will have to step up, as he was pretty much the guy who didn't show up in Game 6. Granted, he scored a high total, but being 10-31 is Iverson/Carmelo numbers. Also, throughout that game, Durant would take 3's that would be absolute knock-out punches, but they just weren't dropping. OKC just couldn't land that knock-out punch, which left hope for Golden State. That entire game, I was always surprised to see that GS was only down 8, or 10. At times, that game should have been 15-20 point leads for the Thunder.

However, Role players always play well at home, and the Warriors have the best role players in the league. I expect Barnes to knock down 3-4 3's, Speights to add 10-12 points, Livingston 10-12 points, same with Iguadala. Curry will probably continue to struggle (at least for his standards) to shoot over Durant and other tall players. Maybe Draymond will finally have a good game, as he's been struggling this series.

My pick: GS 110 OKC 100
Ah - i missed this post back at ya. Yep, Barnes, Speits, Livingston, Barbosa and Iguadala are awesome.

But there was one game as i look back that was mediocre (by his standards) for Curry and Thompson saved his bacon. He's such a huge 4th quarter player and he certainly Splashed 'em in game 7 - several of those rainmakers were right in Durant's face (that crossover dribble step back move of his is virtually unstoppable).

Not sure if you've seen Curry interviewed much, but off the court he's about as mild mannered and modest as they come. Great family man, role model and community contributor in his off-time.

I can't think of many really great players who didn't exude confidence and a certain amount of cockiness on the court. Maybe some of those old Lakers like Kareem, Worthy and Wilkes.

Agree on Green - that kick to the crotch on Steve Adams was NOT a natural basketball move or follow through and had it been regular season he'd have been suspended for a few games. He'd better cool it - one more like that and they'll have little mercy.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Ah - i missed this post back at ya. Yep, Barnes, Speits, Livingston, Barbosa and Iguadala are awesome.

But there was one game as i look back that was mediocre (by his standards) for Curry and Thompson saved his bacon. He's such a huge 4th quarter player and he certainly Splashed 'em in game 7 - several of those rainmakers were right in Durant's face (that crossover dribble step back move of his is virtually unstoppable).

Not sure if you've seen Curry interviewed much, but off the court he's about as mild mannered and modest as they come. Great family man, role model and community contributor in his off-time.

I can't think of many really great players who didn't exude confidence and a certain amount of cockiness on the court. Maybe some of those old Lakers like Kareem, Worthy and Wilkes.

Agree on Green - that kick to the crotch on Steve Adams was NOT a natural basketball move or follow through and had it been regular season he'd have been suspended for a few games. He'd better cool it - one more like that and they'll have little mercy.

You hit on the key to my (sports) fandom in this post. It's about family...and character. Period.

That's why I like Chris Petersen so much as coach. He recruits, develops, and stewards young men. His notion of "built for life" is a heck of a lot more than mere slogan.

In this age of Baylor, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State - it's great for kids to see that doing it the RIGHT WAY, with proper perspective works. Good guys can and do finish first.

Bo-4

Senator
You hit on the key to my (sports) fandom in this post. It's about family...and character. Period.

That's why I like Chris Petersen so much as coach. He recruits, develops, and stewards young men. His notion of "built for life" is a heck of a lot more than mere slogan.

In this age of Baylor, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State - it's great for kids to see that doing it the RIGHT WAY, with proper perspective works. Good guys can and do finish first.
Coach Pete probably stayed in B-town around 2 years longer than he should have.

But we all miss him and i was there for the opener last year. Not a boo in the house when Pete took the field.

We love him - he F-ing BUILT this damn place!

*Note, this video may be slanted - this game was a squeaker ;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Coach Pete probably stayed in B-town around 2 years longer than he should have.

But we all miss him and i was there for the opener last year. Not a boo in the house when Pete took the field.

We love him - he F-ing BUILT this damn place!

*Note, this video may be slanted - this game was a squeaker ;-)

It was a good game. Actually, I think that game framed who we Dawgs are. That true Freshman QB starting his first game is the next big thing. I think we challenge for the PAC12 this year. I think we return to recurring dominance in 2017. And, again...the RIGHT way.