• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Can we all just forget politics for a few minutes?

If you are old enough and honest enough you will remember that when this song was released, none of us knew who was a democrat or republican. If we knew, it was not a signal to hate or despise the other person, we were just people who voted for different folks. If you want to know how we ended up here, you can start with the mantra Reagan started about liberals. He went on and on about liberals and before you knew it, a fat [Unwelcome language removed] named Rush Limbaugh made a living out of bashing liberals. By the end of the 80's, it was you against them. I really did not grasp it at the time because I was a huge Limbaugh fan even when he was in Sacramento. But the monster was created, it grew and now here we are at each others throats over what? It depresses me to think about it because many of the most strident voices here are my age and I know they were good people once. Now, it's you and me in a cage match. I may just leave this place when I retire, I have seen enough to be disgusted.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
How do your Forget politics while posting of politics?

Go Fish, enjoy what's left of life on the 3rd Rock from the Sun.

This is Hotel PJ!

How do your Forget politics while posting of politics?

Go Fish, enjoy what's left of life on the 3rd Rock from the Sun.

This is Hotel PJ!
guilty as charged, should never have posted it but watching this reminded me of times when the nation was a lot more unified, its a shame.