• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Can you name the top five things that Obama did as President to make America great?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Another illustration of your complete lack of understanding of these policy issues. "The taxpayers" did not pay for non-Medicaid uninsured care - other insured patients did. Oh, and they also subsidized the medicare and medicaid care that was required by law to be provided at below cost reimbursements. See, this is why no one considers you a serious poster - you keep illustrating every day that you don't know wtf you are talking about, while prancing around like Little Lord Fauntleroy pretending to be an expert on everything.
As part of your continuing education:

https://dch.georgia.gov/indigent-care-trust-fund

You are welcome.

sear

Mayor
"1. reagan signed a bill that required care, even for those without insurance." mv #40
... any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. ...

excerpt from the poem For Whom The Bell Tolls by John Donne

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
As part of your continuing education:

https://dch.georgia.gov/indigent-care-trust-fund

You are welcome.
From your link:

The Indigent Care Trust Fund (ICTF) was established in 1990 to expand Medicaid eligibility and services, support rural and other health care providers, primarily hospitals, which serve the medically indigent, and fund primary health care programs for medically indigent Georgians.

LOL! What part of "indigent" do you not understand? All that is is, as it explicitly states, is an "expansion of Medicaid." It is an EXPANSION of the wealth redistributionary aspects of the US health industry. It is NOT "taxpayers" picking up the tab for people who have wealth but not insurance. You implied here today, indeed, you have stated repeatedly, that the taxpayer was picking up the tab for services to those who could afford insurance but chose to not purchase it. In fact, I bet if you scratch the surface of this program, we'll find that it covers the illegal aliens who would qualify for Medicaid, based on income, if they were citizens.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
From your link:

The Indigent Care Trust Fund (ICTF) was established in 1990 to expand Medicaid eligibility and services, support rural and other health care providers, primarily hospitals, which serve the medically indigent, and fund primary health care programs for medically indigent Georgians.

LOL! What part of "indigent" do you not understand? All that is is, as it explicitly states, is an "expansion of Medicaid." It is an EXPANSION of the wealth redistributionary aspects of the US health industry. It is NOT "taxpayers" picking up the tab for people who have wealth but not insurance. You implied here today, indeed, you have stated repeatedly, that the taxpayer was picking up the tab for services to those who could afford insurance but chose to not purchase it. In fact, I bet if you scratch the surface of this program, we'll find that it covers the illegal aliens who would qualify for Medicaid, based on income, if they were citizens.
You will be just another failed teacher, if you try to educate middleview...................He went to school for 5 years and 5 years of professional educators all failed, so you are not likely to succeed......................

Humor him

middleview

President
Supporting Member
From your link:

It is funding for hospitals when they cannot get reimbursement for indigent patients. What part of indigent don't you understand? It was a program funded by taxpayers...as I stated earlier. So you can now admit you were wrong about taxpayers funding care for people with no insurance.

So here is the problem. There were 50 million people who had no health insurance. Most of those people could not afford insurance, but didn't qualify for Medicaid or were too young to qualify for Medicare. What is your solution?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You will be just another failed teacher, if you try to educate middleview...................He went to school for 5 years and 5 years of professional educators all failed, so you are not likely to succeed......................

Humor him
Grow up.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
"1. reagan signed a bill that required care, even for those without insurance." mv #40
Sadly these guys meander around the issue. Would they actually advocate against health care for people who cannot afford insurance? I think they would avoid admitting it, but that is the alternative. They'll argue that those folks are just deadbeats, but the fact is that they are the working poor. They have two or three jobs, trying to scrape by. Many of those without insurance are children.

I'd love to hear a single idea that would contribute to a solution. The republicans will argue that they want to repeal and replace...but I have yet to hear of a real idea for a replacement.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk

Humor the fool, as he humors himself with vaseline

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Humor the fool, as he humors himself with vaseline
You can contribute to the conversation as an adult or go on ignore...your choice.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
You can contribute to the conversation as an adult or go on ignore...your choice.

Humor the fool, as he humors himself with Vaseline

Grumpy and out of Vaseline r we.......................

Yawn, to be ignored by a moron would be a significant plus

sear

Mayor
"The republicans will argue that they want to repeal and replace...but I have yet to hear of a real idea for a replacement." mv #47
"I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's gunna be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now." Candidate Trump 15/09/27 to CBS Scott Pelly

"You're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost." candidate Trump 16/10/25 from campaign podium

"We're not gunna have like a 2 day period. And we're not gunna have a 2 year period, where there's nothing. It will be repealed and replaced." President Elect Trump CBS News 16/11/13

“It will be repeal & replace. It will be essentially simultaneously. It will be various segments you understand, but will most likely be on the same day or the same week.” President Elect Trump at his only post election victory news conference in New York 17/01/11 / FNS

"If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now (Trump/McConnell-care), they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!" U.S. President Trump 17/06/30 03:37 tweet

“Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated.” President Trump

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
"The republicans will argue that they want to repeal and replace...but I have yet to hear of a real idea for a replacement." mv #47
The GOP has the plan sealed up, but they will not fix it until the democrats beg for change and admit that Oboobacare sucks

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Humor the fool, as he humors himself with Vaseline

Grumpy and out of Vaseline r we.......................

Yawn, to be ignored by a moron would be a significant plus
I would be a moron to continue to let you waste my time.

sear

Mayor
In context of:
"I am going to take care of everybody. I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's gunna be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now." Candidate Trump 15/09/27 to CBS Scott Pelly

"You're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost." candidate Trump 16/10/25 from campaign podium

"We're not gunna have like a 2 day period. And we're not gunna have a 2 year period, where there's nothing. It will be repealed and replaced." President Elect Trump CBS News 16/11/13

“It will be repeal & replace. It will be essentially simultaneously. It will be various segments you understand, but will most likely be on the same day or the same week.” President Elect Trump at his only post election victory news conference in New York 17/01/11 / FNS

"If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now (Trump/McConnell-care), they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date!" U.S. President Trump 17/06/30 03:37 tweet

“Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated.” President Trump

W #52 opines:
"The GOP has the plan sealed up, but they will not fix it until the democrats beg for change and admit that Oboobacare sucks" W #52
I gather that qualifies as libel.
You may get lucky if no Republican MOC learns of it.

Raoul_Luke

It is funding for hospitals when they cannot get reimbursement for indigent patients. What part of indigent don't you understand? It was a program funded by taxpayers...as I stated earlier. So you can now admit you were wrong about taxpayers funding care for people with no insurance.

So here is the problem. There were 50 million people who had no health insurance. Most of those people could not afford insurance, but didn't qualify for Medicaid or were too young to qualify for Medicare. What is your solution?
What exactly is your point? You seem to be lurching all over the place. If I understand you correctly your stated opinion is that the taxpayers were burdened by the cost shifting to cover uncompensated care, right? So considering that Obamacare vastly increased the total taxpayer subsidies for health care coverage, doesn't your position essentially boil down to "yes Obamacare costs the taxpayers more per patient on average (thanks to the lush coverages it mandates) but that we'll make it up on volume?" I really don't think you know wtf you are talking about here.

EatTheRich

President
What exactly is your point? You seem to be lurching all over the place. If I understand you correctly your stated opinion is that the taxpayers were burdened by the cost shifting to cover uncompensated care, right? So considering that Obamacare vastly increased the total taxpayer subsidies for health care coverage, doesn't your position essentially boil down to "yes Obamacare costs the taxpayers more per patient on average (thanks to the lush coverages it mandates) but that we'll make it up on volume?" I really don't think you know wtf you are talking about here.
The ACA actually saved money for taxpayers by reducing Medicare costs, by boosting preventative care, and by allowing the government to negotiate what amount to wholesale discounts.

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
He is a schizzo, just likes arguing with himself

EatTheRich

President
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-trumpcare-urban-20180226-story.html

Raoul_Luke

The ACA actually saved money for taxpayers by reducing Medicare costs, by boosting preventative care, and by allowing the government to negotiate what amount to wholesale discounts.
What, no link? I guess you really can't link me to your dreams, though, eh?