• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Can you spot the Error?

justoffal

Senator
I took the following from a website that sells roofing materials
....at first I wasn't sure that I was reading what I was reading

A bundle of shingles contains approximately 33 square feet of coverage. Material and labor for roofing is most often priced by the "square," which is a 10' by 10' area of roofing coverage. A bundle of shingles will constitute approximately three squares. These costs only include dimensional shingles. Many other materials are required for a complete roofing job.

They just transposed the calculation. It's three bundles to a square, not three squares to a bundle. I've seen people make this mistake sometimes. You have to add 10% for waste, too. Sometimes they forget that...;)

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"

A bundle of shingles contains approximately 33 square feet of coverage. Material and labor for roofing is most often priced by the "square," which is a 10' by 10' area of roofing coverage. A bundle of shingles will constitute approximately three squares. These costs only include dimensional shingles. Many other materials are required for a complete roofing job.

see?

Yep. They screwed that one all up.

3 bundles will cover a square or 100 square feet with most roofing shingles. There are some others that can take more bundles but those are the extremely high end speciality products. They are seen or used very rarely