• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Canceling Student Debt Would Send the Stock Market to the Moon

Sure, pay everyone back for college.
Sacrifice Has No Merit; It Promotes No-Talent Brown-Noses, Not Brains

College should not be about buying a job. And only brainwashing by overinfluential Diploma Dumbos themselves makes us believe that spending four years working without pay is rational as long as we don't have to pay to be such a slave.

TBLee

Governor
I would never expect someone else to pay off my daughters College debt. It was HER choice to attend a college in which she had to go in debt to attend. She without a doubt could have gone to a local Community College and been able to afford her tuition as she went (in fact we could have paid for part of it). As an Adult she made the decision to attend a College all the way across the Country. She signed the student loan papers. She graduated a while ago, and will spend many years paying off her debt. As an adult we make choices, and as an adult we must live up to the responsibility associated with our decisions.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If people with students loans were rich they wouldn't have student loans.
Could same be said of people with Home mortgages?
Wait...……...something foreign to kids that live at home with parents.
Check Hollywood parents trials:)

Attending college is not a Right...………...

If students want help paying for college...…………..Enlist in Military

Last edited:
All that money that students are paying now gets redirected to the stock market-Everyone's 401k goes parabolic, everybody is winner.
I don't know how much of the savings would go into the markets, but there would be some significant improvements to the real economy:

https://www.sandersinstitute.com/blog/the-macroeconomic-effects-of-student-debt-cancellation

"A one-time policy of student debt cancellation, in which the federal government cancels the loans it holds directly and takes over the financing of privately owned loans on behalf of borrowers, results in the following macroeconomic effects (all dollar values are in real, inflation-adjusted terms, using 2016 as the base year):

• "The policy of debt cancellation could boost real GDP by an average of $86 billion to $108 billion per year. Over the 10-year forecast, the policy generates between $861 billion and $1,083 billion in real GDP (2016 dollars).

• "Eliminating student debt reduces the average unemployment rate by 0.22 to 0.36 percentage points over the 10-year forecast."

I don't know how much of the savings would go into the markets, but there would be some significant improvements to the real economy:

https://www.sandersinstitute.com/blog/the-macroeconomic-effects-of-student-debt-cancellation

"A one-time policy of student debt cancellation, in which the federal government cancels the loans it holds directly and takes over the financing of privately owned loans on behalf of borrowers, results in the following macroeconomic effects (all dollar values are in real, inflation-adjusted terms, using 2016 as the base year):

• "The policy of debt cancellation could boost real GDP by an average of $86 billion to $108 billion per year. Over the 10-year forecast, the policy generates between $861 billion and $1,083 billion in real GDP (2016 dollars).

• "Eliminating student debt reduces the average unemployment rate by 0.22 to 0.36 percentage points over the 10-year forecast."
If it includes dollar-for-dollar matching of the college savings I accumulated for my kids' educations, I'll think about it. In other words, my wife and I saved about $180,000 to use for our kids' college educations. I would expect any government debt cancellation program to include a payment to me of $180,000 (after taxes).

I would never expect someone else to pay off my daughters College debt. It was HER choice to attend a college in which she had to go in debt to attend. She without a doubt could have gone to a local Community College and been able to afford her tuition as she went (in fact we could have paid for part of it). As an Adult she made the decision to attend a College all the way across the Country. She signed the student loan papers. She graduated a while ago, and will spend many years paying off her debt. As an adult we make choices, and as an adult we must live up to the responsibility associated with our decisions.
The owners of corporations can walk away from the debt scot-free by having the corporation declare bankruptcy. They are not held to the same standards as students are. I call bullshit.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So the government for The most part. The government runs just fine with deficits. Higher deficits= higher stock market.
Government has deficits going pretty good. What's a tissue is freeloaders paying the debt debt accrued in exchange for being educated

TBLee

Governor
The owners of corporations can walk away from the debt scot-free by having the corporation declare bankruptcy. They are not held to the same standards as students are. I call bullshit.
You can call bullshit all you want. It starts with our College Students. That is where they learn responsibility for the first time involving their own debt. We all make choices, and as adults we need to take responsibility for those decisions.

If it includes dollar-for-dollar matching of the college savings I accumulated for my kids' educations, I'll think about it. In other words, my wife and I saved about $180,000 to use for our kids' college educations.
When did these payments take place? Would you say everyone who's ever paid for a college education deserves reparations?

Government has deficits going pretty good. What's a tissue is freeloaders paying the debt debt accrued in exchange for being educated
Explain to me why you think of the corporate owners who declare bankruptcy?
You know the owners get off scot-free. How is the any different than individuals wanting their student removed in bankruptcy?

You can call bullshit all you want. It starts with our College Students. That is where they learn responsibility for the first time involving their own debt. We all make choices, and as adults we need to take responsibility for those decisions.
Except corporate owners who declare bankruptcy get out of their responsibility to pay their debts.
Hell, everyone who declares bankruptcy gets out of their responsibilities.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yes, the government provides tons of assistance for home-owners and the stock market in the beneficiary.
RICH was point word you posted...………….if RICH they wouldn't need a mortgage...….how would you have expertise of gov assistance to homeowners...…….you've never owned a home!