• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Captain Held After Cruise Ship Capsizes

BRU

Mayor
The captain and first officer of a cruise liner that ran aground off the coast of Italy are being held on suspicion of multiple manslaughter and abandoning ship while passengers were still in danger.

Three people are known to have died and around 40 others are still unaccounted for after the ship, which was carrying thousands of passengers, including British holidaymakers, apparently struck a rock.

A man and a woman were reportedly later found alive in a cabin on the stricken vessel by firefighters.

Survivors of the disaster have described chaotic scenes "like something out of the Titanic" as the Costa Concordia tilted and started to sink.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16148897

Jen

Senator
I have sailed into and out of the port that that ship came from (Civitavecchia) many times. The ship lanes are clearly marked with buoys. Even if there was a storm or high winds or something blowing things around there is no reason why a Cruise ship captain would go off course on lanes that are that well marked and traveled.

I wonder what happened?

BRU

Mayor
I have sailed into and out of the port that that ship came from (Civitavecchia) many times. The ship lanes are clearly marked with buoys. Even if there was a storm or high winds or something blowing things around there is no reason why a Cruise ship captain would go off course on lanes that are that well marked and traveled.

I wonder what happened?
I don't know but I would be terrified! Horrible way to end a vacation....then he leaves them there to die...what a jerk---- so much for a captain going down with his ship

lilly

Council Member
Such a horrific scene and so frightening for all of them. From what I understand this ship is part owner of the Cardinal Cruise Line that is noted for problems.

I first heard there were electrical problems and that hampered the ability to steer but even if that is true, for the Captain to abandon his ship where people had not a clue as to what do to, to save themselves is irrepressible.

In my opinion he should be charged with everything the law will allow.

BRU

Mayor
Such a horrific scene and so frightening for all of them. From what I understand this ship is part owner of the Cardinal Cruise Line that is noted for problems.

I first heard there were electrical problems and that hampered the ability to steer but even if that is true, for the Captain to abandon his ship where people had not a clue as to what do to, to save themselves is irrepressible.

In my opinion he should be charged with everything the law will allow.
I'm with ya on that! What a coward