• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Change the rating system

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
The rating system on PJ is being abused by several members. They use it as a way of trying to silence or ridicule members they don't like.
How can it be replaced with something better?

The rating system on PJ is being abused by several members. They use it as a way of trying to silence or ridicule members they don't like.
WTF has got into you lately Sunset Rose?

Leave the ratings be --------- I would add a few more actually.

Nothing has gotten into me. I'm free to express my ideas here just like anyone else.
Of course you are --- but you have changed, greatly - so I ask wtf has got into you?

And now I will also answer your post from below - My facebook page is not personal - it is of world affairs and life in general and it is a public page not a closed private one.

And I say it as I see it Rose, no matter who you are -

Jen

Senator
If someone here is intimidated by a rating, there's something wrong with them and they should not be posting here.

Jen

Senator
Nothing has gotten into me. I'm free to express my ideas here just like anyone else.
Your ideas being expressed are one thing. But making others suffer or be deprived because of your own personal ideas are quite another. And that's what you are trying to do. Deprive others because you don't like the ratings.

If you like, I can give you specific instructions on how not to get alerts for the ratings you get. Surely you can find it in yourself to ignore the little notification on the bottom of the post. Any adult should be able to easily do that. Let me know if you need help with the alerts.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
If someone here is intimidated by a rating, there's something wrong with them and they should not be posting here.
Yes...and if a poster feels the need to mark posts based on the writer of the post, as opposed to the information in the post, there is something wrong with them...and they should not be posting here.

Make sense?

As we all know, there are a few posters who abuse the ratings. It was predicted and it came to pass immediately.
Your ideas being expressed are one thing. But making others suffer or be deprived because of your own personal ideas are quite another. And that's what you are trying to do. Deprive others because you don't like the ratings.

If you like, I can give you specific instructions on how not to get alerts for the ratings you get. Surely you can find it in yourself to ignore the little notification on the bottom of the post. Any adult should be able to easily do that. Let me know if you need help with the alerts.
If a poster suffers due to a lack of the ability to abuse the ratings...then they have a problem and should not be posting here. Or anywhere as they're just whiny snowflakes who have no idea what suffering truly is. Right?

Jen

Senator
Yes...and if a poster feels the need to mark posts based on the writer of the post, as opposed to the information in the post, there is something wrong with them...and they should not be posting here.

Make sense?

As we all know, there are a few posters who abuse the ratings. It was predicted and it came to pass immediately.

If a poster suffers due to a lack of the ability to abuse the ratings...then they have a problem and should not be posting here. Or anywhere as their are just whiny snowflakes who have no idea what suffering truly is. Right?
So what?

Really. If someone rates a poster based on who it is rather than what the post says........ WHO CARES?

And furthermore, @Craig.............the Left needs to just stop being the THOUGHT police. You want to take away the ratings just because you ASSUME someone's thought process is not what you think it should be.

Are you the poster who cried until he got all negative ratings removed? Probably.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Disable and ignore. It was destined to be abused by the usual suspects from the very beginning.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
So what?

Really. If someone rates a poster based on who it is rather than what the post says........ WHO CARES?

And furthermore, @Craig.............the Left needs to just stop being the THOUGHT police. You want to take away the ratings just because you ASSUME someone's thought process is not what you think it should be.

Are you the poster who cried until he got all negative ratings removed? Probably.
What's the deal with tagging?

The ratings are crutches for those incapable of rational discussion.

Are you one of those who abused the ratings so much some had to be removed? Likely.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
If a poster suffers due to a lack of the ability to abuse the ratings...then they have a problem and should not be posting here. Or anywhere as they're just whiny snowflakes who have no idea what suffering truly is. Right?
That's for sure. Hard to believe some posters would feel/endure so much suffering without being able to rate. lol.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
So what?

btw, you're the one that said the lack of ratings would cause posters to SUFFER. So very empathetic towards other posters, it shows that you care.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
That's for sure. Hard to believe some posters would feel/endure so much suffering without being able to rate. lol.
I feel so sorry for those incapacitated and cast with such suffering by a lack of ratings buttons. That certainly puts Houston...and Beaumont...and Port Arthur et al in perspective. How thoughtless of me.

Jen

Senator
btw, you're the one that said the lack of ratings would cause posters to SUFFER. So very empathetic towards other posters, it shows that you care.
You have no idea what I was saying. Typical deft, obtuse Craiggy. No surprise there.

Jen

Senator
What's the deal with tagging?

The ratings are crutches for those incapable of rational discussion.

Are you one of those who abused the ratings so much some had to be removed? Likely.
Most forums have a large bank of emoticons to use. We do not have that here. Lefty had his little feewings hurt by those so they had to be taken away.

So we got a few non-negative ratings and Lefty is still butthurt. I guarantee you................. even if the ratings are all removed, Lefty will find a way to be butthurt.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
You have no idea what I was saying. Typical deft, obtuse Craiggy. No surprise there.
Sigh.

If you don't want your words to be used, you need to find other words.

Here:

But making others suffer or be deprived because of your own personal ideas are quite another.

Deprived. Suffer.

In a thread regarding ratings. What then, did you mean????

Maybe you should just put the words onto a cup.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Most forums have a large bank of emoticons to use. We do not have that here. Lefty had his little feewings hurt by those so they had to be taken away.

So we got a few non-negative ratings and Lefty is still butthurt. I guarantee you................. even if the ratings are all removed, Lefty will find a way to be butthurt.
Use any emoticon you wish. You do...you like that little sideways laughing emoticon.

Lefty or Righty, I don't care, I Demand MORE ratings - more more more -

Jen

Senator
I am just dumbfounded by your thought that a rating system could silence anyone here. Really?

We used to have emoticons like other forums have, but Lefty hated that too and claimed it was being "silenced" or "ridiculed" so they were taken away.

But you already knew that, didn't you.