• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Change the rating system

Spamature

President
There's times I just disagree with what was said, but not in the mood for a pissing match over it. There's no rule that said we have to actually respond to any post. There's also no rule that we can't use a rating for whatever we want to use it for.
You are absolutely right. There is no rule that forces you to respond to any post. Nor is there a rule that says you have to use to rating system in a specific way. I am not suggesting either. I am only saying that the system shouldn't allow you to rate any faster than you than you can begin to post.

It's not false that some lefty's said they refused to use the ratings. That's their choice not to. So what? I don't know of ONE of us crying about negative ratings.....but we all had seen several on the left crying about getting them. Even SW posted they were removed because people complained so much about them & wanted them gone. I think it's a safe bet we know who those whiners were.
I am saying it is false that lefty's got together and decided not to use negative ratings. So used them, some did not but as far as I know there is no agreement to do so either way. I didn't use them because if I disagree with you strongly enough to mention it. Then I owe it to you to tell you what I disagree with in your post. And even more so, you deserve a chance to defend you post. Rating don't tell you the recipient why, nor do they give you a chance to respond. So I don't use them.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You are absolutely right. There is no rule that forces you to respond to any post. Nor is there a rule that says you have to use to rating system in a specific way. I am not suggesting either. I am only saying that the system shouldn't allow you to rate any faster than you than you can begin to post.

I am saying it is false that lefty's got together and decided not to use negative ratings. So used them, some did not but as far as I know there is no agreement to do so either way. I didn't use them because if I disagree with you strongly enough to mention it. Then I owe it to you to tell you what I disagree with in your post. And even more so, you deserve a chance to defend you post. Rating don't tell you the recipient why, nor do they give you a chance to respond. So I don't use them.
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZUS

""shouldn't allow you to rate any faster than you than can"

It's a freaking OPINION fray...............not 'Queen For The Day'..............no one owes anyone anything! I don't care who rates or who doesn't, I'm not a whiny lib.

I do to keep up with what I have read..............why aren't libs whining of MV's millions of laughs?

Spamature

President
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeZUS

""shouldn't allow you to rate any faster than you than can"

It's a freaking OPINION fray...............not 'Queen For The Day'..............no one owes anyone anything! I don't care who rates or who doesn't, I'm not a whiny lib.

I do to keep up with what I have read..............why aren't libs whining of MV's millions of laughs?

You ruin a function of the site through your misuse of the system.

***Edited***

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
So you think that the function of the site is that everyone thinks like and agrees with your views.
Ridiculous.

The statement regarded abuse. It's that simple, it regards a crusty, decrepit old dog, pissing and whining and moaning and pissing and whining and moaning and has such a terrible memory he needs to pee on every post by a liberal so he knows he's read it. Every post. By every liberal. Questions, Facts. Every post, every day.

What does it matter? Nothing really. It's just the neighbor's stinky old dog that won't go away.

Ridiculous.

The statement regarded abuse. It's that simple, it regards a crusty, decrepit old dog, pissing and whining and moaning and pissing and whining and moaning and has such a terrible memory he needs to pee on every post by a liberal so he knows he's read it. Every post. By every liberal. Questions, Facts. Every post, every day.

What does it matter? Nothing really. It's just the neighbor's stinky old dog that won't go away.
Clearly, it matters to you. A lot.

Spamature

President
So you think that the function of the site is that everyone thinks like and agrees with your views.
No. I really don't care. As far as disagree and dislike goes. If they come from the right posters they are useful. But when they are used like vandals use graffiti, what the rating do is push real replies off your reply alert list. So most posters because of the abuse have to turn the feature off if they want to see actual replies to their post. Why have a feature if it must be turned off ? Why not stop the abuse of the feature instead ?

Barbella

Senator
A written disagreement takes a little bit of time and some effort to write one's argument. Pushing a button takes no time and minimal effort.

This is a forum. A place for discussion. Button pushing does not serve discussion, written disagreement detailing said disagreement, does.
I disagree with you.

There. I took the time to write it out. Happy now?

Barbella

Senator
Thank you to all the members who responded to my OP. The reason I'm asking for a better rating system is not to censor or control anyone. I'm asking for a better system in order to make the board a more enjoyable place for all members.
As we all know there are some people here who like to follow other posters around just to rate their posts "disagree" "dislike" or "funny" without even reading their posts. It's a form of bullying.
I agree with Craig: If you don't like or agree with what a poster says, tell them why. Discuss it.
How would you know whether or not someone read someone's post or not?

You don't.