1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

Changes in 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bdtex, Jan 24, 2018.

1. bdtex

bdtex Moderator Staff Member

Not holding a lack of response against anyone. Wrote it mostly for me. It helps to put stuff like that in writing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bdtex

Well...my mom got her tooth fixed and tomorrow morning I am taking her to get some other health issues resolved. Taking her next week to visit her brother. He doesn't live in Alabama now. He lives in a small town about 2 hours east of Pensacola,FLA. We are leaving Wednesday and coming back Sunday. Still gonna make that trip to Andalusia,AL where our ancestors are buried.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. bdtex

Made it to Baton Rouge and stopped for lunch and my mother realized she left her purse at the first place we stopped. Gotta double back 110 miles to get it. :D

• Like Like x 3
  4. marvin martian

marvin martian Senator

You're an honorable son. Good job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  5. bdtex

I didn't get mad. Just did what we had to do. It actually turned out to be 120 miles, but someone found her purse and turned it in without even opening it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. marvin martian

marvin martian Senator

Yes, your honorable behavior was rewarded.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dawg

Dawg President Supporting Member

I did that with my glasses and only had to back track 40 miles...........tell her we all do it

I'd give anything if I could do same with my Mom now

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  8. bdtex

We were on the road from 7am to almost midnight. Stopped 3 times for gas and restroom break. Ate dinner in Baton Rouge. It is after 1am and my 80 year old mother and her 63 year old brother are up talking in his living room. I am beat but my heart is full tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  9. bdtex

Happy to report that so far this year,I'm pretty much ontrack with this year's goals. Last night,I finished reading my 9th book this year. Starting a 10th one tonight that I need to finish by June 18th. It's about Andersonville Civil War prison. I'm leaving very early on June 20th for a trip to southern Georgia. Going to Andersonville National Historic Site on Friday morning,June 22nd.

At the end of last year,I counted the books that I read in 2017 and was surprised that it was only 12. Granted,4 of them were pretty thick but still...

• Like Like x 1
  10. JackDallas

JackDallas Senator Supporting Member

BD is a rare commodity in today's world. He's an honest Democrat. His own side hates him for not hating us sufficiently, and our side doesn't trust him for the same reason. I like him because he's from Texas and is a Civil war buff, as am I.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  11. Jen

Jen #walkaway

I agree.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Constitutional Sheepdog

Constitutional Sheepdog ][][][%er!!!!!!!

I've encamped with many New York Yankees at events who were copperheades lol
    Hated Hillary Clinton for what she did to their state lol

13. JackDallas

JackDallas Senator Supporting Member

I like the New York Yankees (baseball) for the same reason I like the New England Patriots. They are perennial winners.
    The Civil War Copperheads were pissing into the wind. Once the fecal matter had made contact with the rotary oscillator there was only one path to peace, Unconditional Surrender Grant.

14. bdtex

As the year winds down I can honestly say the only goal not met was to be at work earlier consistently. At 60 years old,I'm still a night owl. I am a fairly early riser but I love my morning leisure time. Not sure yet what all the 2019 goals/changes will be. Trying to keep it simple and not list more than 5-6. Plan to take my mother to Florida again to visit her brother but I'm looking to do that in January or February next year and not April like this year. My gut and my heart are telling me to do that as often as possible as early as possible. None of us are getting any younger. I have set a goal/change regarding my activity in PJ but I'm not waiting until 2019 to start it. I've already started it and I'm not gonna share what that is. That one is just for me to know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jen

Jen #walkaway

I have no goals for 2019. I guess I need some.
    My long term goal is just to live peacefully with everyone while not compromising my own dignity to do it.
    I think I already wrote this on this thread but I'll say it again as the new year approaches.

As for my PJ goals...............I'd like to get along with everyone, but that doesn't seem possible, so if I see someone wants to exchange insults, I'll do my best to come up with some good ones.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bdtex

I'll probably start a new 2019 thread at the end of this month. If you come up with some goals for 2019 that you wanna share,you can add to it. I plan to continue with this year's goals/changes. They've made my life better this year.