• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Chik fil A - damn fine sandwich...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
relatively speaking. better choice than a McDee's or Bk calorie monster.. but still tough on the arteries... so..with moderation.

what that has to do with the vicious intolerance against the expression of views... i dunno.

Jen

Senator
I'm not crazy about anything at Chick-Fil-A. I'm not a frequent buyer of or fan of any fast food though, so what do I know? I do like a Sonic burger and something from Taco Bell once in a while, but that's as far as it goes. But I support Chick-Fil-A being able to put in one of their shops anywhere where zoning allows it.

Jen

Senator
The one question I do have, Nightswimmer, is why in the world would Chick-Fil-A want to put one of their fast food restaurants in a neighborhood where nobody wanted it? Don't those fast food places take heavy consideration of what kind of business they may have when they open a store? Wouldn't the negative outcry tell them that this may not be a prudent place for a store?

Legally, I don't see any way of stopping it that is within existing laws ( unless there is an odd law out there that is outside the norm). But sheeesh....... common sense should tell them not to put in a store there.

Dino

Russian Asset
Would that include gold crosses on the outside garments of Christians in those local areas? Support that too?

NightSwimmer

Senator
The one question I do have, Nightswimmer, is why in the world would Chick-Fil-A want to put one of their fast food restaurants in a neighborhood where nobody wanted it? Don't those fast food places take heavy consideration of what kind of business they may have when they open a store? Wouldn't the negative outcry tell them that this may not be a prudent place for a store?

Legally, I don't see any way of stopping it that is within existing laws ( unless there is an odd law out there that is outside the norm). But sheeesh....... common sense should tell them not to put in a store there.

I'm not convinced that a disapproving Mayor amounts to a lack of desire for having a Chik-Fil-A in any particular area. Mayors and other public officials are free to complain, but their opinions don't carry the weight of law. As for actually being permitted, that can become much more complicated. There are a number of ways for a city council to prevent a business from being licensed in their area if they don't want it there -- for whatever reason. I've seen it happen.

This whole Chik-Fil-A thing is nothing more than a tempest in a teapot, at any rate. They probably appreciate all of the free publicity, truth be told.

Dino

Russian Asset
I'll try it again since you didn't hit on the impression you're giving me.

Do you support Christians putting gold crosses on their outside garment as a state-imposed mandate to distinguish them as having the Christian belief system?

NightSwimmer

Senator

Do you support Christians putting gold crosses on their outside garment as a state-imposed mandate to distinguish them as having the Christian belief system?
Well now, that is a totally different question, isn't it?

I can't recall ever getting on-board with a state mandated dress code of any kind. What, pray tell, does any of that have to do with local control or fried chicken?

Bo-4

Senator

Dino is prone toward the magic undies & weird Planet Kolob stuff ;-)

Dino

Russian Asset
When you say "local control" I thought for sure you meant for the mayor's men to be goose-stepping down the avenues imposing the state's will against religions they disagree with.

NightSwimmer

Senator
When you say "local control" I thought for sure you meant for the mayor's men to be goose-stepping down the avenues imposing the state's will against religions they disagree with.
What would posses you to think something like that? I intended the normal usage of the phrase. I'm not attempting to speak in code.

NightSwimmer

Senator
If this tendency to get yourself all worked up over what you fantasize other people to be thinking is a recurring problem for you, then perhaps you should seek professional assistance with that problem. There are many new drugs available that can offer relief for such symptoms.

fairsheet

Senator
Mark me down as a "food elitist". I eat bacon, not pig's feet. Poor folks ate the pig's feet, 'cuz they couldn't afford bacon. I eat salmon rather than catfish - or worse, talapia. That's because I can afford fresh salmon so I don't need to make the case for how wonderous, catfish is.

Same is true as re chicken in general. When I go out, I eat beef. Shit....I can access and bake chicken at home. When I "hate" on the corporate Chick-fil-A haters, it's easy. I'm a tough ENOUGH chicken sell...and if you publically pose yourself as a pathetic, hateful, anti-Christian, Cuomo-hater?.....well, that's just ANOTHER reason for me to not darken your miserable door!

NightSwimmer

Senator
eh? dont follow. whazzamatter with catfish? tilapia?
Catfish can be kinda bony if it isn't prepared properly. Tilapia is basically just an Egyptian bream, isn't it? Both are quite edible. But both are fresh-water fish, whereas Salmon is sorta 50/50 salt-water. Different strokes for different folks, I guess?

fairsheet

Senator
eh? dont follow. whazzamatter with catfish? tilapia?
There's nothing "the matter" with catfish nor talapia, any more so, than there's something "the matter" with testicles, grasshoppers, or the skins, organs, or feet of various animals. I understand that the history and culture have cause a "taste" for these things. But...I've never had an economic need to develop those tastes - thus, my "food elitist cop".

As to talapia - and to some extent, catfish - these are food species that've been show to thrive in human effluent. Speaking specificaly of talapia, it's a food-fish that's come to the fore of late, in support of poor folks who don't have clean water in which to raise their protein. I think it's great that do-gooders have arrived at this protein/profit source for people who live in bad-water environs.

I don't live in a bad-water environ. So....I don't need to feign that I enjoy a generic whitefish, that was raised in sewage.