• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Chik fil A - damn fine sandwich...

Dino

Russian Asset
While I appreciate your concerns, I didn't put the thoughts into your head or coerce you into typing those words here, You prefer local control over free enterprise based on any differing characteristic or circumstance.

That is a dangerously unamerican viewpoint.

NightSwimmer

Senator
While I appreciate your concerns, I didn't put the thoughts into your head or coerce you into typing those words here, You prefer local control over free enterprise based on any differing characteristic or circumstance.

That is a dangerously unamerican viewpoint.

Dino,

Have you ever experienced a traumatic head injury?

Dino

Russian Asset
You said as much to me as I needed to know, what else can I do for you? You are a big government statist. So what's next?

NightSwimmer

Senator
You said as much to me as I needed to know, what else can I do for you? You are a big government statist. So what's next?
No. What I said was that I support local governance concerning local matters. How you construe someone's support for home rule to be equivalent to support for "big government" (whatever that is) or "statism" is entirely beyond me. That's why I wondered if you suffer from some sort of cognitive disorder. I won't even mention the whole gold cross thing, or how that has anything whatsoever to do with local governance. I don't want you to become overly agitated. Just relax, and take deep breaths. I don't know "what's next", but maybe you should bite on a wooden spoon -- just in case.

Dino

Russian Asset
Cut the comedy act, it's dry and ineffective.

You rally in support of a mayor who can turn away a business franchise because of a fundamental religious disagreement. The constitutional ramifications of which you are totally unconcerned.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Cut the comedy act, it's dry and ineffective.

You rally in support of a mayor who can turn away a business franchise because of a fundamental religious disagreement. The constitutional ramifications of which you are totally unconcerned.

Dino,

You might not be aware of this, but other people can read this thread. They know exactly what has been said by both of us. You aren't allowed to edit my thoughts after the fact. It doesn't work that way out here in the real world.

fairsheet

Senator
Have you tried one of those new bacon sundaes yet? ;)[/QUOE]

C'mon...yer just instigatin' me!...to launch into another one of my riffs! NO!....bacon's bacon...It belongs on hamburgers, BLT's, and breakfast plates. Strawberrys, caramel, hot [Unwelcome language removed], nuts, and cherries belong on sundaes. Although......I'm not the least bit averse to bacon on Sunday.

NightSwimmer

Senator
Have you tried one of those new bacon sundaes yet? ;)[/QUOE]

C'mon...yer just instigatin' me!...to launch into another one of my riffs! NO!....bacon's bacon...It belongs on hamburgers, BLT's, and breakfast plates. Strawberrys, caramel, hot [Unwelcome language removed], nuts, and cherries belong on sundaes. Although......I'm not the least bit averse to bacon on Sunday.
Sunday's my favorite day for bacon. I've got a tiny little skillet so I can fry eggs to fit on a toasted English muffin with bacon and cheese.

Mmmm... Good times!

Dino

Russian Asset
Yeah good idea. Better get cracking on twisting your own words to mean something else...

Jen said: "But I support Chick-Fil-A being able to put in one of their shops anywhere where zoning allows it."

Your response: I've always been a big supporter of local control myself.

You weren't expressing your belief as different from hers?

NightSwimmer

Senator
Yeah good idea. Better get cracking on twisting your own words to mean something else...

Jen said: "But I support Chick-Fil-A being able to put in one of their shops anywhere where zoning allows it."

Your response: I've always been a big supporter of local control myself.

You weren't expressing your belief as different from hers?

I was expressing my belief that local issues should be handled by local governments. I don't think that I stuttered. If you disagree with what I said... Fine. I don't really care what you believe.

Dino

Russian Asset
Are you saying, or are you not, that a mayor can block a franchise due to a difference of religious beliefs?

NightSwimmer

Senator
Are you saying, or are you not, that a mayor can block a franchise due to a difference of religious beliefs?

Man,

Don't you ever go to bed , Dino?

As to your question: I don't think that a mayor here in America can legally practice such discrimination based upon religious belief. If a city didn't want to license Chik-fil-a restaurants, they should probably just write a by-law requiring all fast-food restaurants within the city to remain open 7 days per week. That would be legal. Chik-fil-a could make their own determination as to whether they wanted to locate there under those conditions.

NCmusicman

Governor
I would use the land for a billboard - "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" ... and let the locals ponder for a couple of years wondering why it was there.

The one question I do have, Nightswimmer, is why in the world would Chick-Fil-A want to put one of their fast food restaurants in a neighborhood where nobody wanted it? Don't those fast food places take heavy consideration of what kind of business they may have when they open a store? Wouldn't the negative outcry tell them that this may not be a prudent place for a store?

Legally, I don't see any way of stopping it that is within existing laws ( unless there is an odd law out there that is outside the norm). But sheeesh....... common sense should tell them not to put in a store there.

NightSwimmer

Senator
I would use the land for a billboard - "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" ... and let the locals ponder for a couple of years wondering why it was there.

The locals have been wondering why you were here for years. Just like your billboard -- it will never make sense to the general population.