• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Chipotle Manager: Hillary Clinton Didn't Leave Anything in Tip Jar

IAmBrown

Council Member
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-15/chipotle-manager-hillary-clinton-didn-t-leave-anything-in-tip-jar

One of the great political mysteries of the early 2016 presidential campaign has been solved: Hillary Clinton did not leave a tip at the Chipotle restaurant she visited during her road trip to Iowa on Sunday.
Support regular Americans she said. It will bring me victory she said. That's how Hillary Rodham Clinton really cares about all of us. She proved already neither America, nor Americans worry her. With over $1 bln presidential campaign the granny is not able to tip.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
In the Marine Corps we'd call such people "One-Way Mother F**kers", people who think only of themselves.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-15/chipotle-manager-hillary-clinton-didn-t-leave-anything-in-tip-jar

Support regular Americans she said. It will bring me victory she said. That's how Hillary Rodham Clinton really cares about all of us. She proved already neither America, nor Americans worry her. With over $1 bln presidential campaign the granny is not able to tip.
Tips are for when service is good. What if it sucked?

I own a restaurant where, like Chipotle, people walk up to a counter and order their food...when it is ready they either get it at the counter or someone brings it to the table...not much tipping.....because there also is not much service.

Barbella

Senator

I own a restaurant where, like Chipotle, people walk up to a counter and order their food...when it is ready they either get it at the counter or someone brings it to the table...not much tipping.....because there also is not much service.
Well, since you're paying your employees at least $15/hour, they really shouldn't miss a few bucks in the tip jar...

Right?

Bugsy McGurk

President

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well, since you're paying your employees at least $15/hour, they really shouldn't miss a few bucks in the tip jar...

Right?
1. Where have I written anything supporting $15 per hour minimum wage? Feel free to search for that post.
2. None of our 35 employees is making the current minimum wage.
3. Our drivers, who are tipped employees, are getting about $80 to $100 per night in tips.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I doubt she actually carries any actual money the way the little people do - leaving a tip is a task for an underling who likely botched the job.

Besides, isn't she "dead broke"?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
1. Where have I written anything supporting $15 per hour minimum wage? Feel free to search for that post.
3. Our drivers, who are tipped employees, are getting about. $80 to $100 per night in tips.
1. That's not what she said. Are you required to pay your employees $15/hour or is minimum wage lower where you are?

2. Good. Does that mean they don't appreciate or need any extra money such as tips?

3. Good. Do they like having the money or don't they need it?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. That's not what she said. Are you required to pay your employees $15/hour or is minimum wage lower where you are?

2. Good. Does that mean they don't appreciate or need any extra money such as tips?

3. Good. Do they like having the money or don't they need it?
All of my employees make more than minimum wage. What she assumed, for some reason, was that I'm paying them $15 per hour. I'm sure that was a serious suggestion...wouldn't you?
When was the last time you left a tip at McDonalds (or anyother fast food place)?
Tips are not given because the customer feels employees need or appreciate extra money. Tips are given for good service...at least that is my habit..how about yours?
The drivers earn their tips by delivering food quickly and paying attention to the complete order. The one driver who has quit was repeatedly returning to get the rest of the order...he forgot to take the soft drinks ordered, only had half the order, got lost and got the order to the customer after 20 minutes of roaming around....

Have you ever worked at a restaurant? Have you ever owned a business?

IAmBrown

Council Member

The problem is that Hillary promised to care about regular Americans as she calls us. We don't see so much care in her actions. All I see is hypocrisy and lust for power. There is a huge discrepancy between her actions and political agenda she is promoting. I am not asking Chris Christie to behave this way, Hillary is another story.

thats your option, at a fast food place.

you tip waiters in a restaurant, because most states have a "waitstaff minimum wage" which is below the minimum for non-tipped jobs.

chiptotle people have no right to carp when they're not tipped for wrapping burritos or ringing up your credit card. that's hardly the same doing all the things a waiter does.

Barbella

Senator
3. Our drivers, who are tipped employees, are getting about $80 to $100 per night in tips.
So you DON'T support raising the $15/hour minimum wage, like the rest of your fellow libs/dems do?

Actually not surprising, since it would come out of YOUR pocket, right? :rolleyes::D

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So you DON'T support raising the $15/hour minimum wage, like the rest of your fellow libs/dems do?

Actually not surprising, since it would come out of YOUR pocket, right? :rolleyes::D
So you have taken a poll and all democrats or liberals support a $15 per hour minimum wage?

I've opened a restaurant 14 days ago. I have never supported anything like that large of a jump in minimum wage...not even when I made $2.50 per hour shoveling asphalt and paving driveways....in 1971.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
All of my employees make more than minimum wage. What she assumed, for some reason, was that I'm paying them $15 per hour.....
I read it as a general comment that you and all other restaurant owners are required to pay a minimum of $15/hour, ergo no tip was necessary. I read it as a a tongue-in-cheek comment about federally mandated minimum wage laws, not you personally.

Have you ever worked at a restaurant? Have you ever owned a business?
Yes, when I was a high school student. All through college I worked as a clerk in a store. Tips would have been sincerely appreciated at both jobs, but who ever tips a store clerk?

Yes, I own a business; two really, but no permanent/temp employees. Some contract help only on one.

So, does this mean unless I'm a restaurant owner, I cannot comment? If so, does this mean only career veterans can comment on military and/or intelligence issues?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Is she required to tip?
Nope. She never has to tip and is free to bitch out all the hired help as much as she wants. In fact, I think she should flaunt both her wealth and her rights not to give a crap about anyone everyday from now until November 2016.

Is she required to tip?
tipping is superfluous at fast food places. that said, its (yet another) humorous yardstick of how she's out of touch. she's got the press tagging along, she's in public, and it never crosses her mind.

this is actually because she never goes out in public, and is insulated from reality. she's always being feted at a state department function, an extravaganza from a foundation donor or something.

just like she hasn't driven in 20 years, she doesn't buy her own meals, shop for her own clothes, do her own laundry, or do any of the other things that keep us connected the real world.

that's what's scary about the hillary, mitt, jeb . . .

you can bet "lower case" republicans (walker, cruz, christie, rubio) know how to do those things. probably o'malley too.

i think an o'malley/walker matchup would be good for the country. of course, i may change my mind after these 2 start telling us what their policies will be . . .

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. She never has to tip and is free to bitch out all the hired help as much as she wants. In fact, I think she should flaunt both her wealth and her rights not to give a crap about anyone everyday from now until November 2016.
the end of the article pegs it... ""It's really nobody's business," Wright said, "if somebody leaves a tip or they don't."

did she bitch out the help? apparently, according to the article, most had not ides who she was.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
tipping is superfluous at fast food places. that said, its (yet another) humorous yardstick of how she's out of touch. she's got the press tagging along, she's in public, and it never crosses her mind.

this is actually because she never goes out in public, and is insulated from reality. she's always being feted at a state department function, an extravaganza from a foundation donor or something.

just like she hasn't driven in 20 years, she doesn't buy her own meals, shop for her own clothes, do her own laundry, or do any of the other things that keep us connected the real world.

that's what's scary about the hillary, mitt, jeb . . .

you can bet "lower case" republicans (walker, cruz, christie, rubio) know how to do those things. probably o'malley too.

i think an o'malley/walker matchup would be good for the country. of course, i may change my mind after these 2 start telling us what their policies will be . . .

ok. but, tipping at a fast food joint where nos service per se is offered.. is required?