• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Climate record

Spamature

President
That's the thing about the weather, it's always changing. You Marxists seized on that and weaved it into a narrative to support a your calls for a rejection of capitalism.
Look this is not even like the previous record. In 83 those were heavy storm that piled up those numbers not a continuous winter of nearly uninterrupted rain. It has never happened like that in my memory and apparently not in the memory of the people who keep the records either.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Look this is not even like the previous record. In 83 those were heavy storm that piled up those numbers not a continuous winter of nearly uninterrupted rain. It has never happened like that in my memory and apparently not in the memory of the people who keep the records either.
Life is short, and so are memories. Weather is a "pattern" - not a cookie cutter.

Spamature

President
Life is short, and so are memories. Weather is a "pattern" - not a cookie cutter.
It could be some anomaly. Just because it hasn't since records have been kept doesn't mean it's not just a strange year and there is nothing more to it.

Could be. But it ain't normal is all I am saying.

Raoul_Luke

It could be some anomaly. Just because it hasn't since records have been kept doesn't mean it's not just a strange year and there is nothing more to it.

Could be. But it ain't normal is all I am saying.
Geez, what do you guys expect from the solar system? Do you realize that in all but this infinitesimal speck of the known universe it is incredibly harsh and unpredictably so. I even hesitated as I typed that because "incredible" doesn't even begin to describe the extremes and violent changes that are the norm throughout the cosmos. There aren't words in the English language that can begin to adequately describe what passes for "normal" everywhere but here. Why in God's name would you guys think we'd be completely immune from the kinds of extreme forces of nature that have existed throughout time and space since the big bang? It's an absurd child like ignorance you display in this matter. Just sit back and try and enjoy what little time we have left...

Spamature

President
Geez, what do you guys expect from the solar system? Do you realize that in all but this infinitesimal speck of the known universe it is incredibly harsh and unpredictably so. I even hesitated as I typed that because "incredible" doesn't even begin to describe the extremes and violent changes that are the norm throughout the cosmos. There aren't words in the English language that can begin to adequately describe what passes for "normal" everywhere but here. Why in God's name would you guys think we'd be completely immune from the kinds of extreme forces of nature that have existed throughout time and space since the big bang? It's an absurd child like ignorance you display in this matter. Just sit back and try and enjoy what little time we have left...
I am not talking about the solar system. I am talking about the local climate. This is not normal.

Raoul_Luke

I am not talking about the solar system. I am talking about the local climate. This is not normal.
Nothing is, for crying out loud. Do you think the mind boggling billions of coincidences that produced this brief habitable respite in our cold, harsh, galactic environment can maintain the exact same conditions forever? Don't be so childish...

Spamature

President
Nothing is, for crying out loud. Do you think the mind boggling billions of coincidences that produced this brief habitable respite in our cold, harsh, galactic environment can maintain the exact same conditions forever? Don't be so childish...
And you think we can't throw that out of balance ?

Raoul_Luke

And you think we can't throw that out of balance ?
I don't think we can alter the course of the climate, well, change. It's been changing since time immemorial. It was changing long before man was even extant. It was changing long before the industrial revolution. And it will be changing long after we are gone from the face of the earth. The chances are higher that we will be wiped out by a meteor in the next 500 years than that we'll be exterminated by the weather patterns changing. We're smart, and we'll adapt to it. Until the end...

Spamature

President
I don't think we can alter the course of the climate, well, change. It's been changing since time immemorial. It was changing long before man was even extant. It was changing long before the industrial revolution. And it will be changing long after we are gone from the face of the earth. The chances are higher that we will be wiped out by a meteor in the next 500 years than that we'll be exterminated by the weather patterns changing. We're smart, and we'll adapt to it. Until the end...
It's a balance. You can put just a little bit of extra on one side and the balance starts to tilt. Slowly at first and the balance is lost it picks up speed. All you have to do is just overcome the equilibrium and the system itself will do the rest for you.

Raoul_Luke

It's a balance. You can put just a little bit of extra on one side and the balance starts to tilt. Slowly at first and the balance is lost it picks up speed. All you have to do is just overcome the equilibrium and the system itself will do the rest for you.
Stop being so foolish. There's a billion things that can affect that "balance" - which means any semblance of "balance" in our climate is an illusion. The left is simply weaving an anti-capitalist narrative around a naturally occurring change in our climate.

Spamature

President
Stop being so foolish. There's a billion things that can affect that "balance" - which means any semblance of "balance" in our climate is an illusion. The left is simply weaving an anti-capitalist narrative around a naturally occurring change in our climate.
We can argue about who shot John all day. But the ice caps will keep melting the permafrost will keep thawing and adding it greenhouse gasses to the mix and the seas will keep warming. I in the it's too late to do anything to prevent it camp. Now it just about how long it will head in that direction. That's not on a human time scale. So it really doesn't concern us.

Raoul_Luke

We can argue about who shot John all day. But the ice caps will keep melting the permafrost will keep thawing and adding it greenhouse gasses to the mix and the seas will keep warming. I in the it's too late to do anything to prevent it camp. Now it just about how long it will head in that direction. That's not on a human time scale. So it really doesn't concern us.
And I can always end the argument with a simple proposal that exposes this as the sham anti-capitalism that it has always been. Lets implement a carbon tax and use the revenues to eliminate the corporate income tax (which, lets face it, is really a tax on hiring Americans to produce economic goods and services). Every time I get into one of these discussions with one of you lefties, I throw that out there and the discussion comes to a grinding halt.

Spamature

President
And I can always end the argument with a simple proposal that exposes this as the sham anti-capitalism that it has always been. Lets implement a carbon tax and use the revenues to eliminate the corporate income tax (which, lets face it, is really a tax on hiring Americans to produce economic goods and services). Every time I get into one of these discussions with one of you lefties, I throw that out there and the discussion comes to a grinding halt.
Because the difference in revenue would be miles apart. If I said let's end the earned income credit and instead implement universal income or universal healthcare would you take that deal ?

Arkady

President
You have no facts to back that up - it's simply your opinion.
It's a reasonable assumption based on the available evidence. Our socioeconomic system and settlement patterns are optimized for a particular climate pattern. The faster the climate changes, the more stranded infrastructure, sub-optimal economic configurations, and out-of-position population clusters we're likely to see. Duh.

As for a local drought, that's obviously a vastly different matter than global warming. It's hilarious that right-wingers keep making that same basic category error.

Arkady

President
Out of curiosity, why did you change your name from Lukey?