• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

C'mon folks...liberalism killed Eric Garner

Boca

Governor
Race had nothing to do with it.

As everyone should know by now liberals hate lots of things. Oil, gasoline, firearms, ammunition, carbon dioxide, hunters, conservatives, particularly black conservatives, to name but a few. Elected liberals on the other hand, see all these as mannah from heaven to be righteously taxed out of existence. However....as often happens when those penalty tax revenues fall off, they get very hypocritically pissed off.

Tobacco is no exception. New York State taxes every pack of cigarettes $4.35; New York City tacks on another $1.50 for a total of $5.85. That's pretty hefty for a product that probably costs no more than 50 cents to produce. But hey liberal logic always takes a back seat to righteousness. Not to mention the creation of blackmarketeers like Eric Garner. Can I get a "Duh.."

So anyway, seeing that these entreprenuers (another concept they hate) are making off with some of what is theirs, rightfully and righteously, they take action. In this case crack down on the thieves. Don't choke hold 'em but teach 'em a lesson. We are the State afterall!

And of course Eric Garner was a menace, selling one cigarette at a time, but he also got caught up in the crackdown and died.

In case you're wondering why I included conservatives in this tax related post, let me point you to Lois Lerner and the IRS.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I realize the right wing echo chamber has decreed that blame for Garner's death should be attributed to the fact that NY taxes cigarettes, but is it even clear that Garner was selling untaxed cigarettes?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
obese guy fought the law and the law won...........

America is now scare thanks to liberalism..............

justoffal

Senator
I realize the right wing echo chamber has decreed that blame for Garner's death should be attributed to the fact that NY taxes cigarettes, but is it even clear that Garner was selling untaxed cigarettes?
No it is not....but they suspected that he was and Boca makes a good point.....
You can do all kinds of things in NYC..... but don' t ever " [Unwelcome language removed] with the money "....that will get you killed.

JO

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member

As everyone should know by now liberals hate lots of things. Oil, gasoline, firearms, ammunition, carbon dioxide, hunters, conservatives, particularly black conservatives, to name but a few. Elected liberals on the other hand, see all these as mannah from heaven to be righteously taxed out of existence. However....as often happens when those penalty tax revenues fall off, they get very hypocritically pissed off.

Tobacco is no exception. New York State taxes every pack of cigarettes $4.35; New York City tacks on another $1.50 for a total of $5.85. That's pretty hefty for a product that probably costs no more than 50 cents to produce. But hey liberal logic always takes a back seat to righteousness. Not to mention the creation of blackmarketeers like Eric Garner. Can I get a "Duh.."

So anyway, seeing that these entreprenuers (another concept they hate) are making off with some of what is theirs, rightfully and righteously, they take action. In this case crack down on the thieves. Don't choke hold 'em but teach 'em a lesson. We are the State afterall!

And of course Eric Garner was a menace, selling one cigarette at a time, but he also got caught up in the crackdown and died.

In case you're wondering why I included conservatives in this tax related post, let me point you to Lois Lerner and the IRS.
Daniel Pantaleo killed Eric Garner by placing him in a choke hold. I'm not sure if race had anything to do with it, but it may have.:(

Bugsy McGurk

President
No it is not....but they suspected that he was and Boca makes a good point.....
You can do all kinds of things in NYC..... but don' t ever " [Unwelcome language removed] with the money "....that will get you killed.

JO
hee hee...the willingness of the right wing to just make up "facts" to fit their agenda is amazing.

;-)

career criminals have been coming to an untimely end for centuries, far before the DeBlasios and Obamas and Sharptons were put in the driver's seat.

Garner had been arrested 30 times previously. judges continued to (inexplicably) turn him loose on the streets, perhaps hoping that "next time" he'd obey the law.

bad guess. 31 strikes and you're out, apparently. he refused to go peacefully during his 31st arrest. This outcome was perhaps inevitable, at some point.

Boca

Governor
Daniel Pantaleo killed Eric Garner by placing him in a choke hold.:(
....for selling one cigarette at a time. Understandably you don't want to talk about that.

And let me add that Bugsy made a good point earlier. Was Garner selling untaxed cigarettes? More than likely he'd buy a pack, paying the tax, and then try to make a profit on the street selling one at a time to casual smokers, or underaged smokers.

Point being the state and the city, the liberals governing for the time being, got their g'dam money and still sent the cops out to crack down...resulting in a dead man.

Surprisingly that's no big deal to you. The only thing that interests you Rosie is keeping the race issue on the front burner.

Reactions: Jen

Bugsy McGurk

President
....for selling one cigarette at a time. Understandably you don't want to talk about that.

And let me add that Bugsy made a good point earlier. Was Garner selling untaxed cigarettes? More than likely he'd buy a pack, paying the tax, and then try to make a profit on the street selling one at a time to casual smokers, or underaged smokers.

Point being the state and the city, the liberals governing for the time being, got their g'dam money and still sent the cops out to crack down...resulting in a dead man.

Surprisingly that's no big deal to you. The only thing that interests you Rosie is keeping the race issue on the front burner.
FYI, the killing of Garner had nothing to do with NY taxing cigarettes. It had to do with brutal law enforcement. Whether you like the laws being enforced is not germane.

BobbyT

Governor
career criminals have been coming to an untimely end for centuries, far before the DeBlasios and Obamas and Sharptons were put in the driver's seat.

Garner had been arrested 30 times previously. judges continued to (inexplicably) turn him loose on the streets, perhaps hoping that "next time" he'd obey the law.

bad guess. 31 strikes and you're out, apparently. he refused to go peacefully during his 31st arrest. This outcome was perhaps inevitable, at some point.
You're aware that an arrest is not conviction of a crime, right?

BobbyT

Governor
this wasn't Garners first rodeo..............arrest or conviction...............
So ...... yes you agree that an arrest is not a conviction? Or, inexplicably, no you don't agree that an arrest is not a conviction. Which?

Jen

Senator

The liberal lie.
Everything the Liberals promise, say or think they believe is a lie.
Trouble is there are too many stupid people who haven't figured that out.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So ...... yes you agree that an arrest is not a conviction? Or, inexplicably, no you don't agree that an arrest is not a conviction. Which?
an arrest is NOT a conviction
but
you can bet your ass majority of arrest will be convictions if taken to court

write on

Senator
I've got to give you credit, Bobby, for trying to bridge the lines. But I wonder why you would give a known racist any leeway?

F'him

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Daniel Pantaleo killed Eric Garner by placing him in a choke hold. I'm not sure if race had anything to do with it, but it may have.:(
cop had to jump up to get his arm around Garner to just try and take the obese dude down................
if Garner would have said lets go....he'd still be breaking NYC laws...............surely would enjoy watching PJ libs trying to arrest some thugs 2 1/2xs their size........☻☻☻☻☻ or 100lbs lighter as far as that goes.............thugs would kick ya'lls azzz

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I've got to give you credit, Bobby, for trying to bridge the lines. But I wonder why you would give a known racist any leeway?

F'him
yeah, no wonder you don't post often..................bigot boy

why don't you "F'him" _____________instead of trying to get Bobby T to do it for you.

Jen

Senator
While I think that as soon as Garner said "I can't breathe" Pantaleo should have let him loose, Garner did not die of a choke hold
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/eric-garner-chokehold-grand-jury-police/2014/12/04/id/611058/

And it is a fact that had Garner not resisted arrest Pantaleo would not have touched him in the area of his neck. Garner might, however, still have died since he had a host of medical problems.

That law that people can't sell single cigarettes is stupid. It should not be on the books much less have police officers out arresting people for it. That stupid law is where the fault lies as well as Garner's resisting arrest.

write on

Senator
While I think that as soon as Garner said "I can't breathe" Pantaleo should have let him loose, Garner did not die of a choke hold
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/eric-garner-chokehold-grand-jury-police/2014/12/04/id/611058/

And it is a fact that had Garner not resisted arrest Pantaleo would not have touched him in the area of his neck. Garner might, however, still have died since he had a host of medical problems.

That law that people can't sell single cigarettes is stupid. It should not be on the books much less have police officers out arresting people for it. That stupid law is where the fault lies as well as Garner's resisting arrest.
WhyTF don't you realize, Jen, that 5 cops could have subdued Garner without a chokehold?

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
WhyTF don't you realize, Jen, that 5 cops could have subdued Garner without a chokehold?
HowTF do you figure that I don't know that?
HowTF many ways can I say the chokehold was a wrong thing to do before you understand?
It's impossible because you aren't reading what I write.
You are making up crap as you ALWAYS do.
I conclude that you cannot think.
Let me try one last time:

The officer shouldn't have done a choke hold in the first place [but since he did] as soon as Garner said he couldn't breathe........it should have been hands off.

Let's see if you are stupid enough not to understand that and get it F'd up yet again.
[I don't use that F word EVER in my real life, but I thought maybe since you use it so much it might help your reading skill out]