• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

CNN Lockhart tweets fake news

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
CNN political analyst Joe Lockhart had a viral Tweet today. To many of the thousands who liked and retweeted him, the conversation he pretended to overhear from Senate Republicans at the impeachment trial represented their delusional hope. It was a scathing rebuke of the echo chamber the left often believes Republicans exist in to perpetuate their conservative worldview.
It was, of course, fake. Lockhart admitted it 9 minutes later, an eternity in Twitter time. At that point it had already triggered Twitter’s amplification algorithm and was being presented in tens of thousands of feeds. The original Tweet is currently at 5,000 retweets. The admission that it was fake is under 500.

Conservatives on Twitter reacted harshly.

Joe Lockhart

@joelockhart

· 20h

Overheard convo between two Republican Senators who only watch Fox News. "is this stuff real? I haven't heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we're up shit's creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence

SeldenGADawgs @SeldenGADawgs

And then you tweeted you made this up.
Question: Why do you people get upset when we call you #FakeNews & you poll lower than Congress? It’s really weird when you question AMERICANS when we get upset about lies

CNN should be shut down for all the fake news they spead. They are a disgrace to journalism.

llovejim

Current Champion
it is hard to believe even trump voters CANNOT SEE THE SATIRE IN HIS ORIGINAL POST!!! do you even get how silly you look when you act like he was being a news reporter, not making a joke about how people who only watch Fox MIGHT ACTUALLY BE SURPRISED BY ALL THE FACTS THEY ARE JUST NOW HEARING ABOUT AT THE TRIAL? do you not get the joke? seriously? good god. no wonder you are trump voters....i guess to be safe, everyone making a satirical joke, obviously making fun of how misinformed and how uninformed and insulated from reality Fox viewers and right wing fake media believers in general are, should put an LOL or "Warning: Satire" label at the end of the joke- here, look at what he said again and be embarrassed that you did not see the satire-

Press Secretary Joe Lockhart tweeted about overhearing a conversation between two Republican Senators “who only watch Fox News.” Lockhart writes, “Is this stuff real? I haven’t heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we’re up sh*t’s creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence.”

see? for one thing, how would Lockhart know these two senators ONLY WATCH FOX NEWS? that was the key to the joke- get it? do you think anybody walks around with signs saying "I only watch Fox News?" that was the key to the rest of the joke- that two senators who only watch Fox are so surprised by how overwhelming the evidence is proving Trump bribed Ukraine using vital military aid as the lever....because they only watch Fox, they had no clue about reality!!

get it?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
it is hard to believe even trump voters CANNOT SEE THE SATIRE IN HIS ORIGINAL POST!!! do you even get how silly you look when you act like he was being a news reporter, not making a joke about how people who only watch Fox MIGHT ACTUALLY BE SURPRISED BY ALL THE FACTS THEY ARE JUST NOW HEARING ABOUT AT THE TRIAL? do you not get the joke? seriously? good god. no wonder you are trump voters....i guess to be safe, everyone making a satirical joke, obviously making fun of how misinformed and how uninformed and insulated from reality Fox viewers and right wing fake media believers in general are, should put an LOL or "Warning: Satire" label at the end of the joke- here, look at what he said again and be embarrassed that you did not see the satire-

Press Secretary Joe Lockhart tweeted about overhearing a conversation between two Republican Senators “who only watch Fox News.” Lockhart writes, “Is this stuff real? I haven’t heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we’re up sh*t’s creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence.”

see? for one thing, how would Lockhart know these two senators ONLY WATCH FOX NEWS? that was the key to the joke- get it? do you think anybody walks around with signs saying "I only watch Fox News?" that was the key to the rest of the joke- that two senators who only watch Fox are so surprised by how overwhelming the evidence is proving Trump bribed Ukraine using vital military aid as the lever....because they only watch Fox, they had no clue about reality!!

get it?
I get it. Like Schiff-for-brains, Democrats make shit up, claim it as fact, and when they get called say 'i was kidding'.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY

get it?

Wow, you are defending this tooth and nail like you have skin in the game. Sheesh

He lied- he was busted. Face it.

I mean it IS CNN - No one takes them seriously anyway.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
I get it. Like Schiff-for-brains, Democrats make shit up, claim it as fact, and when they get called say 'i was kidding'.

but but but !!!!!! It was SATIRE !!!!!!!

I mean that's what my 80 I.Q. sausage stained wifebeater wearing , banging on the keyboard in their mom's basement base says.

EatTheRich

President
Wow, you are defending this tooth and nail like you have skin in the game. Sheesh

He lied- he was busted. Face it.

I mean it IS CNN - No one takes them seriously anyway.
No, he wasn’t “busted” in a “lie.” He told a story that was obvious satire, then explicitly pointed out, himself, that it was satire before anyone else did.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Liberals will believe anything Cnn shovels at them.
The same lefties who top post about Trump’s inaccurate/dishonest tweets (and there are plenty)...assume human shield position to justify Lockhart’s.

Lying for the cause = A-ok.