• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

CNN Reporters Arrested: But I think they Tried to do it for publicity

Mr. Friscus

Governor
A group of CNN reporters were arrested on live television early on Friday morning while they were covering the riots in Minneapolis, which were sparked by the death of George Floyd earlier this week.

Basically, it went like this. Amidst a tense, out-of-control situation where police have very little control, they're trying to clear an area.

COPS: Hey you guys, MOVE!
CNN: Sure, we'll move
*they don't move*​
COPS: MOVE!
CNN: "We're media! Put us where you want us! Let us know! We'll just get out of your way"
*they continue not to move*​
*The camera pans away, they ignore the police officers who are addressing them*​
CNN: "This is the scene of massive police presence where they are trying to clear the area"
*as they continue to not move*​

And, they got arrested.

Hey CNN, listen to orders in a tense situation. 5 people are dead, 50+ buildings are destroyed, innocent and guilty people are being assaulted constantly...

I think they wanted this to claim the victim. It was a golden opportunity. "OMG WE'RE ARRESTED". Well, next time don't resist police commands, especially in such a tense circumstance.

But here we go with a bunch of millionaire reporters acting absolutely shocked that they should dare to be handcuffed. Yeah, this isn't the gated community you live in, this is real life. The clear goal here was to get the video and photo of a reporter getting handcuffed... that will be displayed for emotional theater. The evil state brutalizing the innocent public.

It's been done to death.. and here we go again. The images like these were legit decades ago, now they're always based on completely false narratives. They weren't innocent, they thought they were above the rest of the populace, and they were making a tough situation more difficult.

I say Good, arrest them. GTFO of the way and let's all join together to stop the violence. You're not above anyone else. Go back to your gated community.

A group of CNN reporters were arrested on live television early on Friday morning while they were covering the riots in Minneapolis, which were sparked by the death of George Floyd earlier this week.

Basically, it went like this. Amidst a tense, out-of-control situation where police have very little control, they're trying to clear an area.

*they don't move*​
CNN: "We're media! Put us where you want us! Let us know! We'll just get out of your way"
*The camera pans away, they ignore the police officers who are addressing them*​
CNN: "This is the scene of massive police presence where they are trying to clear the area"

And, they got arrested.

Hey CNN, listen to orders in a tense situation. 5 people are dead, 50+ buildings are destroyed, innocent and guilty people are being assaulted constantly...

I think they wanted this to claim the victim. It was a golden opportunity. "OMG WE'RE ARRESTED". Well, next time don't resist police commands, especially in such a tense circumstance.

But here we go with a bunch of millionaire reporters acting absolutely shocked that they should dare to be handcuffed. Yeah, this isn't the gated community you live in, this is real life. The clear goal here was to get the video and photo of a reporter getting handcuffed... that will be displayed for emotional theater. The evil state brutalizing the innocent public.

It's been done to death.. and here we go again. The images like these were legit decades ago, now they're always based on completely false narratives. They weren't innocent, they thought they were above the rest of the populace, and they were making a tough situation more difficult.

I say Good, arrest them. GTFO of the way and let's all join together to stop the violence. You're not above anyone else. Go back to your gated community.
Man, First the police go killing black people, then they violate the 1st amendment. It's time to abolish the Minneapolis Police Department.

trapdoor

Governor
I'm not seeing any publicity stunt on the part of CNN here. The police never told the news crew what direction or location was a spot -- the reporter was clearly ready to move anywhere the police directed. The police didn't offer any direction -- and if you move where they don't want you to move, you're still arrested.

This is, however, a police force that seems to step on its own genitalia quite a lot.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I'm not seeing any publicity stunt on the part of CNN here. The police never told the news crew what direction or location was a spot -- the reporter was clearly ready to move anywhere the police directed. The police didn't offer any direction -- and if you move where they don't want you to move, you're still arrested.

This is, however, a police force that seems to step on its own genitalia quite a lot.
I think if CNN would have just showed they were beginning to move in the opposite direction of where the police were trying to clear.. they would have been fine.

They had to be the virtuous rebels of the situation it appears. You can't argue that they didn't move, and continued to ignore direction. If you cling onto "they didn't tell them WHERE to go".. well, that's obtuse. Just start to move away from the officers are, they're trying to protect you.. this is a dangerous area.

I think if CNN would have just showed they were beginning to move in the opposite direction of where the police were trying to clear.. they would have been fine.

They had to be the virtuous rebels of the situation it appears. You can't argue that they didn't move, and continued to ignore direction. If you cling onto "they didn't tell them WHERE to go".. well, that's obtuse. Just start to move away from the officers are, they're trying to protect you.. this is a dangerous area.
The police already let them go and admitted the police were racist and incompetent.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

*they don't move*​

And, they got arrested.

I think it's hilarious... the city is literally burning in the background.... the police are completely ineffective and unwilling to disrupt the rioting.... so they arrest a news crew...

it.s comedy of the highest order....

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I think it's hilarious... the city is literally burning in the background.... the police are completely ineffective and unwilling to disrupt the rioting.... so they arrest a news crew...

it.s comedy of the highest order....
On the outside looking in I'd agree.

But being that they can only protect the area around the precinct, as the surrounding area is too dangerous for any officer to set foot in, just clearing an area where they can isn't crazy.

5 people are dead in the areas outside of police control right now amidst the rioting. It's a tragedy that the police are unable to stop this for fear of being assaulted and possibly dying themselves.

If CNN doesn't listen, doesn't that just set an example for the rest? Let's all be on the same team here. I thought setting an example was important.. like wearing a mask when you don't have to.

Unless you think the anarchy going on is justified and no police is better than police.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
On the outside looking in I'd agree.

But being that they can only protect the area around the precinct, as the surrounding area is too dangerous for any officer to set foot in, just clearing an area where they can isn't crazy.

5 people are dead in the areas outside of police control right now amidst the rioting. It's a tragedy that the police are unable to stop this for fear of being assaulted and possibly dying themselves.

If CNN doesn't listen, doesn't that just set an example for the rest? Let's all be on the same team here.

Unless you think the anarchy going on is justified and no police is better than police.
Well, yes. But what does that mean...set the example.. when the police set the example that rioting can go on unabated...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Having now watched the video again...

does being a news crew, and repeating 'we're with cnn' absolve them of the requirement to vacate the area as directed?

they continued to stand and film

RickWA

Snagglesooth
So you blame the police for being ordered by politicians to not to police the area...
The proper takeaway is that we decent, normal, well-adjusted citizens should count on no federal, state, county, or municipal entity - of the executive, judicial, or legislative branches - to protect us or secure our liberty and safety. This fact is not unique to the extraordinarily far left, deep blue, Hubert Humphrey HQ of Minnesota. It is likewise true of conservative regions as well.

Politicians specifically ordered cops to stand down (just like they did where I live in Portland, Oregon while antifa smashed storefronts and cracked skulls). The cops, for their part, observed this unconscionable order and likewise VIOLATED the public trust, abiding destruction of private property and death.

Attention: men. Be prepared, willing, and able to protect your family and friends. The American social contract is largely gone and it falls upon you to be the agent and steward of what is good. Do not be dependent upon others - least of all government entities - for your security.