• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

CNN's tanking ratings give it a credibility crisis.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
i thought right wingers thought SNOPES was also a part of the deep state!! funny how much you trust it and politifact and the Washington Post and CNN and factcheck when they occasionally back up what you believe!! fox repeated the lie about stand down orders given at benghazi at least 85 times. fox is a lying piece of shit network. only the dumbest of trump stooges believe fox is anywhere near as accurate as any real news media. those are facts. all your bullshit spewing and unsourced claims are just that- bullshit. fox, mainly hannity, kept inviting the lying Swift Boat Liars on to spew their lies even after real news sources banned them after all their lies and inconsistent stories about what they observed became clearly known, and the fact they were all getting paid pretty good dough to just be paraded around different areas and told to lie on cue.

from Snopes:

(some background- there are about 7 or 8 quotes very negative of Kerry, mainly for talking about how he witnesses soldiers mistreating locals and/or their livestock, not for anything they observed about him in action, since they WERE NOT THERE...except for this guy's comments, who was there-

“My name is Steve Gardner. I served in 1966 and 1967 on my first tour of duty in Vietnam on Swift boats, and I did my second tour in ’68 and ’69, involved with John Kerry in the last 2 1/2 months of my tour. The John Kerry that I know is not the John Kerry that everybody else is portraying. I served alongside him and behind him, five feet away from him in a gun tub, and watched as he made indecisive moves with our boat, put our boats in jeopardy, put our crews in jeopardy… if a man like that can’t handle that 6-man crew boat, how can you expect him to be our Commander-in-Chief?”

— Steven Gardner

That said, the piece quoted above, in which a variety of veterans offer their views of John Kerry, isn’t really something that can evaluated as “true” or “false.” It’s true that the men named do exist, that they served in Vietnam, and that they made the statements attributed to them, but the substance of most of these quotes is an expression of opinion, not something objectively classifiable as right or wrong.

The important point to note here is that this piece presents only one side of the story:
  • Although the men quoted above are often identified as “John Kerry’s shipmates,” only one of them, Steven Gardner, actually served under Lt. Kerry’s command on a Swift boat. The other men who served under Kerry’s command continue to speak positively of him:

“In 1969, I was Sen. Kerry’s gun mate atop of the Swift boat in Vietnam. And I just wanted to let everyone know that, contrary to all the rumors that you might hear from the other side, Sen. Kerry’s blood is red, not blue. I know, I’ve seen it.
    “If it weren’t for Sen. John Kerry, on the 28th of February 1969, the day he won the Silver Star . . . you and I would not be having this conversation. My name would be on a long, black wall in Washington, D.C. I saw this man save my life.”3

— Fred Short

“I can still see him now, standing in the doorway of the pilothouse, firing his M-16, shouting orders through the smoke and chaos . . .Even wounded, or confronting sights no man should ever have to see, he never lost his cool.

I had to sit on my hands [after a firefight], I was shaking so hard . . . He went to every man on that boat and put his arm around them and asked them how they’re doing. I’ve never had an officer do that before or since. That’s the mettle of the man, John Kerry.”3

— David Alston

“What I saw back then [in Vietnam] was a guy with genuine caring and leadership ability who was aggressive when he had to be. What I see now is a guy who’s not afraid to tackle tough issues. And he knows what the consequences are of putting people’s kids in harm’s way.”2

— James Wasser

• Many of Kerry’s Vietnam commanders and fellow officers also continue to speak positively of him:

Navy records, fitness reports by Kerry’s commanders and scores of interviews with Swift boat officers and crewmen depict a model officer who fought aggressively in river ambushes and won the respect of many of his crewmates and commanders, even as his doubts about the war grew.
    “I don’t like what he said after the war,” said Adrian Lonsdale, who commanded Kerry for three months in 1969. “But he was a good naval officer.”2

“I don’t know what conclusions you can draw about someone’s ability to lead from their combat experience, but John’s service was commendable,” said James J. Galvin, a former Swift boat officer . . . “He played by the same rules we all did.”1

• How well all of these men knew John Kerry is questionable, and discrepancies between how some of them described Kerry thirty-five years ago and how they describe him today suggest that their opinions are largely based upon political differences rather than objective assessments of Kerry’s military record. For example, Rear Admiral Roy Hoffman is quoted above, yet the Los Angeles Times reported:

. . . Hoffman and Kerry had few direct dealings in Vietnam. A Los Angeles Times examination of Navy archives found that Hoffman praised Kerry’s performance in cabled messages after several river skirmishes.1
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/swift-justice/

A Green Beret who Kerry picked up in the river during a firefight nominated Kerry for a Silver Star, and was disappointed when he only got the Bronze Star-

Rassmann was 21 at the time, a Special Forces lieutenant in charge of a company of American and Chinese fighters. On that day, they traveled on a convoy of five patrol boats led by the 25-year-old Kerry, a Navy lieutenant -- and they were on the run, being chased down the Bay Hap River by enemy soldiers firing guns and rockets.

The group had already lost one soldier that day. As they sped down the river, one boat was blown out of the water, and then another. An explosion wounded Kerry in the arm and threw Rassmann into the river. Rassmann dove to the bottom to avoid being run over by the other boats. When he surfaced, he saw the convoy had gone ahead.

Viet Cong snipers fired at him, and Rassmann submerged over and over to avoid being hit. The bullets came from both banks, and Rassmann had nowhere to go. He began thinking his time had come, but the fifth time he came up, he saw the convoy had turned around. Kerry had ordered the boats back to pick up the man overboard.

Kerry's boat, under heavy fire, sidled up to the struggling soldier. Rassmann tried to scramble up a cargo net at the bow but was too exhausted to make it all the way. He clung to the net as bullets whizzed past.

"Next thing I knew, John came out in the middle of all this," Rassmann says. "I couldn't believe it. He was going to get killed. He ran to the edge, reached over with his good arm [Kerry had been wounded in his right arm] and pulled me over the lip."

Rassmann later recommended Kerry for the Silver Star, and was upset when the Army instead awarded Kerry a lesser Bronze Star with a "V" for valor. The medal citation described Kerry's actions on the river that day.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-mar-13-na-vietnamvet13-story.html

Uh Jim, this is about Fox. Not John Kerry.
Please, Lay off the crack pipe. Makes you rant like a babbling fool.

reason10

Governor
what a freaking gutless comment. typical trump stooge reaction when told to put up or shut up- they jellyfish their way out of their bullshit claims. prove it, you got the talking part over with. the Mueller Report made clear all the real media stories about obvious collusion and obvious Russian interference were 100% accurate!! and the examples of real crimes- at least 5 cases of trump obstructing justice, were so evident even Fox's own legal expert Judge Napolitano agreed and said he should be indicted, sitting president or not!! even fox's guy!! and you're acting like toady gutless wimp AG Barr when he said- Nothing to see here- I see nothing!! Nothing!!

what a dishonest partisan hack you have to be to still deny how corrupt and dishonest the whole Trump team is, from top to bottom.
Trump supporters pay the taxes to finance your welfare checks. Trump is the most honest president in history. That's just the way it is, whether you like it or not.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Trump supporters pay the taxes to finance your welfare checks. Trump is the most honest president in history. That's just the way it is, whether you like it or not.
The most honest except when he vowed to be faithful to three wives or when he claimed to have proof that Obama's birth certificate was forged or when he claimed windmills cause cancer....just a small sample of the hundreds of lies...

llovejim

Current Champion
Jim, besides your name calling profane idiocy - (and your obsession with Judge Nap lol) Thought that was gone weeks ago.

Why wasn't Trump Subpoenaed ? - As he could have

Why wasn't this supposed 'obstruction taken to Fed Court to clear up?

Reason ? No Probable Cause.

It was all a dog and pony show for my most demented , profane, morons of my base.
Understand now ?
none of what you said makes any more sense now than it did before it was explained to you about 50 freaking times already. you are too partisan and mentally challenged to understand why Mueller said he could not charge a sitting president. Why? I do not know. You are too mentally confused to understand even a very conservative, right leaning, legal expert of Fox Channel clearly seeing how trump obviously committed obstruction at least 5 times should be enough evidence for even the most clueless trump stooge that there is a smoking gun, and all that crap about it being a witch hunt, or that it proved Trump is not a crooked ass-hole, is just part of the usual right wing refusing to believe the truth game plan.

llovejim

Current Champion
you are a liar when you say trump voters pay most of the taxes in this country. why do you lie so much? trying to be like trump is no way to go through life.

Precinct Data Shows Rich, White Neighborhoods Flipping Democratic ...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/07/27/.../white-voters-precinct-analysis.html

Jul 27, 2018 - Hillary Clinton won the nation's richest and most exclusive neighborhoods by ... How the vote in white neighborhoods changed, by income ... voters without a college degree in the battleground states, and Mr. Trump's success ...

Meet the People Behind Donald Trump's Popularity - ThoughtCo

https://www.thoughtco.com › ... › Social Sciences › Sociology › News & Issues

Donald Trump supporters waving signs and banners outside on an overcast day. ... Once Trump and Clinton officially faced off in the general election, the ... 2016 that Trump was more popular among voters with lower income levels than ...

as those of us who would never vote for trump know, the more education one has, the more likely you are to have a higher income. most of trump's voters are much less educated than clinton voters.

An examination of the 2016 electorate, based on validated voters ...

https://www.people-press.org/.../an-examination-of-the-2016-electorate-based-on-vali...

Aug 9, 2018 - Overall, whites with a four-year college degree or more education made up 30% of ... Among the much larger group of white voters who had not ... There also were large differences in voter preferences by gender, age and marital status. ... Voters in this age group reported voting for Clinton over Trump by a ...
White Voters Without A Degree Remained Staunchly Republican In ...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/.../white-voters-without-a-degree-remained-staunchly-repu...

Dec 11, 2018 - In terms of white voters' educational attainment predicting election ... 2018 represented a middle ground between 2016 and 2012. ... by education as they were when Trump himself was on the ballot. ... Education as a major factor in vote choice is here to stay. ..... The Latest 2020 Democratic Primary Polls.
The Education Gap That Explains American Politics - The Atlantic

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2018/11/education-gap.../575113/

Nov 7, 2018 - One of the most striking patterns in yesterday's election was years in ... “The shift in whites without a college degree away from the ... In the 2016 election, 48 percent of college-educated white voters voted for Trump, compared with 66 .... And if one major party believes that higher education is an engine of ...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So this is what you use to justify CNN's lying?
Okay then. It's clear you don't mind being fed lies.
According to CNN recent ratings plummet.........some people don't want to be lied to.

If other networks (Fox included) consistently lie, their ratings will also plummet.
You and those like you will keep watching because you are apparently fine with the lies because some court in 2003 said it was okay.
1. My post was in response to a claim of superior credibility for Fox.

reason10

Governor
you are a liar when you say trump voters pay most of the taxes in this country. why do you lie so much? trying to be like trump is no way to go through life. '

Liberals are stupid, lazy and on welfare. It's a fact, whether you fcking like it or not, snowflake.

Precinct Data Shows Rich, White Neighborhoods Flipping Democratic ...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/07/27/.../white-voters-precinct-analysis.html

Jul 27, 2018 - Hillary Clinton won the nation's richest and most exclusive neighborhoods by ... How the vote in white neighborhoods changed, by income ... voters without a college degree in the battleground states, and Mr. Trump's success ...

Jayson Blair Times? Seriously? Did you EVEN get out of third grade? Then again, you idiot Hillary voters always were shy of brains.

Meet the People Behind Donald Trump's Popularity - ThoughtCo

https://www.thoughtco.com › ... › Social Sciences › Sociology › News & Issues

Donald Trump supporters waving signs and banners outside on an overcast day. ... Once Trump and Clinton officially faced off in the general election, the ... 2016 that Trump was more popular among voters with lower income levels than ...

Do you want a participation trophy for finding yet ANOTHER hard left I-Agree-With-You rag? Did you know it's very easy and inexpensive to create a webpage? Welfare cheating liberals have all the money and the time to do it, what money they haven't wasted on crack or meth.

as those of us who would never vote for trump know, the more education one has, the more likely you are to have a higher income. most of trump's voters are much less educated than clinton voters.

People who would never vote for Trump are fcking idiots and Nazis, PERIOD. And they do not speak for most of America.

You idiots do not believe in validated voters. The only way your Nazi party stays in control is through voter fraud with illegal aliens. That's the ONLY way California (which was a world class economy with the fastest growing middle class under Governor Reagan) turned into a third world shithole with the largest income gap between the haves and those fcked.

Give it up, snowflake. You lose again.

Jen

Senator
in my opinion, those of you with tiny brains are the ones claiming CNN reports fake news.
There has been ample proof of CNN reporting fake news. If you choose not to believe it when the proof is right in front of you, that's on you.

reason10

Governor
1. My post was in response to a claim of superior credibility for Fox.
It's not hard to have superior credibility over the fake news rags. All Fox has to do is report facts and give both sides of every issue equal time. Fox is the ONLY reliable source out there. Every other one is a shill for the Democrat National Committee, that only morons watch.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Jim, besides your name calling profane idiocy - (and your obsession with Judge Nap lol) Thought that was gone weeks ago.

Why wasn't Trump Subpoenaed ? - As he could have

Why wasn't this supposed 'obstruction taken to Fed Court to clear up?

Reason ? No Probable Cause.

It was all a dog and pony show for my most demented , profane, morons of my base.
Understand now ?
It couldn't go anywhere unless Trump were impeached.

reason10

Governor
It couldn't go anywhere unless Trump were impeached.
See, this is the same fugitive slave law racist mentality you Democrats are famous for. Impeach someone who has committed NO CRIMES just because you don't like him.

And you wonder why everybody says liberals are such despicable racist pieces of sheeite.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
See, this is the same fugitive slave law racist mentality you Democrats are famous for. Impeach someone who has committed NO CRIMES just because you don't like him.

And you wonder why everybody says liberals are such despicable racist pieces of sheeite.
Is it just that you are running on fumes or is it that you just aren't very bright?

The question was basically why no indictment. I simply pointed out that you cannot indict a sitting president. You'd have to impeach him first before he could be charged with a crime.

By the way....what crime did the republicans decide to impeach Clinton for?