• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Coffee

Jen

Senator
I have one cup of coffee in the morning.
Keurig...... Folgers Black Silk is my favorite. I like a dark roast and I take it blonde (adding a skimpy spoon of International [instant] French Vanilla coffee and a little Baileys Irish Cream liquid creamer).

I am not a fan of Hazelnut though I don't hate it.

I have some Keurig decaf that I bought by mistake........ not sure when I'll use it.......I want the caffeine.

Serious subject here:)

How many have to have their morning pot of Coffee to get started?

Regular or Decaf? How about Hazelnut? My latest addiction.

MMMM Coffee

Eight O Clock brand their regular stuff buy the whole beans and grind it fresh every morning it fills the house with its rich aroma. I have first cup between 5 and 5:30 AM while I am drinking it I spend some time with our Nanday Conure he likes the morning hour just sittng on my shoulder any way I have another cup and drink it before getting ready for work.
Black no cream or sugar and kind of strong but not Cajun strong
I drink about 3 cups of crappy work coffee everday also

MaryAnne

Governor
I have one cup of coffee in the morning.
Keurig...... Folgers Black Silk is my favorite. I like a dark roast and I take it blonde (adding a skimpy spoon of International [instant] French Vanilla coffee and a little Baileys Irish Cream liquid creamer).

I am not a fan of Hazelnut though I don't hate it.

I have some Keurig decaf that I bought by mistake........ not sure when I'll use it.......I want the caffeine.

I have the Irish Creme when I get a cup at Church to have during Sunday School. Other wise black,medium. That is why the hazelnut suits.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

I've been a caffeine addict for 55 years, ever since I sneaked a full 12 oz. Coke at 5. The switch to coffee came later, about 28. I was in San Francisco and the coffee culture was part of the North Beach scene. I had a lady friend who liked to spend Sunday mornings lying in bed, drinking coffee and reading the papers. Man...she had a great apartment at the top of Ashbury, a large window open to the west that the fog would curl through, and a fireplace in the bedroom. Sunday mornings were quite nice for awhile. That relationship ended, but the one with coffee got heavier and heavier.

Today, I drink a 4 cup pot, with a touch of dairy to emulsify the oils. I like the darker roasts, but not the heaviest ones, the Italian for example...and I switch up beans every week or so. We have a some local roasters I buy from. I also use Starbucks and Peets in my rotation.

Flavored coffees are not allowed in my house. ;)

MaryAnne

Governor
MMMM Coffee

Eight O Clock brand their regular stuff buy the whole beans and grind it fresh every morning it fills the house with its rich aroma. I have first cup between 5 and 5:30 AM while I am drinking it I spend some time with our Nanday Conure he likes the morning hour just sittng on my shoulder any way I have another cup and drink it before getting ready for work.
Black no cream or sugar and kind of strong but not Cajun strong
I drink about 3 cups of crappy work coffee everday also

You know, I always used 8 O' Clock when I was younger. When you could grind it in the store. I will get out my grinder and try it. So many of the good brands taste bitter.

Is that a bird you are referring to? I trained many parakeets. They are so smart. But we had a breeder then.not sure about the ones in pet stores. What do you think?

I've been a caffeine addict for 55 years, ever since I sneaked a full 12 oz. Coke at 5. The switch to coffee came later, about 28. I was in San Francisco and the coffee culture was part of the North Beach scene. I had a lady friend who liked to spend Sunday mornings lying in bed, drinking coffee and reading the papers. Man...she had a great apartment at the top of Ashbury, a large window open to the west that the fog would curl through, and a fireplace in the bedroom. Sunday mornings were quite nice for awhile. That relationship ended, but the one with coffee got heavier and heavier.

Today, I drink a 4 cup pot, with a touch of dairy to emulsify the oils. I like the darker roasts, but not the heaviest ones, the Italian for example...and I switch up beans every week or so. We have a some local roasters I buy from. I also use Starbucks and Peets in my rotation.

The Mrs drinks some of that foo foo coffee. It smells good but is more like a desert not coffee

MaryAnne

Governor

You have not tried Hazelnut:)

google nanday Conures really pretty birds. One day I was cutting the lawn and heard squawking in the trees I saw him and patted on my shoulder and said come here and he flew down to my shoulder. He was obviously lost thirsty and hungry and I suspect the noise of our other parrots attracted him to our house.

MaryAnne

Governor
The Mrs drinks some of that foo foo coffee. It smells good but is more like a desert not coffee
Yeah, I am not a Starbucks fan. I want plain old black,but I will get 8O' Clock beans. My coffee has never tasted so good.

My Husband lived on coffee with cream and sugar all day long.Never gained an ounce.

MaryAnne

Governor
google nanday Conures really pretty birds. One day I was cutting the lawn and heard squawking in the trees I saw him and patted on my shoulder and said come here and he flew down to my shoulder. He was obviously lost thirsty and hungry and I suspect the noise of our other parrots attracted him to our house.

You lucky guy,and so is the bird. I love them.

I googled them. Big parakeet. They are even called parakeets. Can you buy them?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Well you can be contrary!:)
Yes, I can be, but my taste buds are my taste buds. I hate mustard too. Bell peppers, my mouth despises bell peppers. Don't like malt, never liked malted milk balls. Hate Guiness stout...

Minotaur

Governor

I have evolved to late afternoon coffee. I always hated decaf but Costco's Kirkland brand decaf is YUMMY so I'm addicted to decaf for the first time in my caffeine life!

You lucky guy,and so is the bird. I love them.

Right now we have 2 Quaker parrots, A Patagonian Conure, the Nanday, a White capped Pionus, and a Blue Jay a neighbor brought over about 6 years ago he was seriously injured and my wife didn't want him so the neighbor said I will just let it go so the cats can have him. So she nursed it back the best she could he can't fly but has made his own Blue Jay world in our house. We call him drum rolllllllllllllllll'
Jay.

BTW all the birds like pieces of Mexican pan (bread) dipped in coffee especially the blue jay

Jen

Senator

I agree with you about the darker roast but not the heaviest ones. I'm still experimenting with that so I know which ones are "heavy". I like Folgers black silk so if that's a heavy one I like it, but somehow, knowing myself it's not. I enjoyed coffee in Italy and could drink it stronger there than I can drink it here and now.

Our oldest son is in management at Starbucks Corporate there in Seattle so he brings us coffee when he comes (and that's not often enough). And of course I like Starbucks. I started my coffee habit on Starbucks when we lived in the Seattle area (actually Kitsap County across the Sound; our daughter was born in Bremerton though we lived in Pouslbo).

I agree with you about the darker roast but not the heaviest ones. I'm still experimenting with that so I know which ones are "heavy". I like Folgers black silk so if that's a heavy one I like it, but somehow, knowing myself it's not. I enjoyed coffee in Italy and could drink it stronger there than I can drink it here and now.

Our oldest son is in management at Starbucks Corporate there in Seattle so he brings us coffee when he comes (and that's not often enough). And of course I like Starbucks. I started my coffee habit on Starbucks when we lived in the Seattle area (actually Kitsap County across the Sound; our daughter was born in Bremerton though we lived in Pouslbo).

Mrs H. used to pick coffeee for Starbucks at a plantation in Mexico they grew an organic coffeee called the Shades of Mexico she told me how they were planted by the river and then transplanted under the canopy of the trees when they got to the right size.

She never met Juan

MaryAnne

Governor
I like brown mustard at times,but my taste buds have changed over the years.

Just a little tart,not much. My DIL hates coconut. The rest of the family love it.

I once had coconut ice cream on St. John Island. Fresh coconut! I had not lived until I had that Ice Cream. Have never found anything close here.

MaryAnne

Governor

Oops,Jen! My apology on Starbucks. I always get the strongest,it seems, and cannot tolerate it.

Our Kroger store has a Starbucks. Give me the mild one,I will try it.