• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Coffee

MaryAnne

Governor
8 O'Clock was the store brand coffee for A & P several years back they sold it off to an investor who started marketing it in any store that would give him shelf space. I am glad they did it takes me back to being a little kid and smelling the coffee as my mom ground the beans in the store grinder. And it is good but it needs to be made kind of strong.

I understand A&P still exists in the Pennsylvania area but just about nowhere else

This was my first pot so I was not sure how much,or how fine to grind. I do not like too strong. Makes it bitter.

Jen

Senator
OK,I have been checking out the Keurig on Amazon. It has a water filter. That may be my problem.Since I drink my water from the Fridge, I know our water does not taste good so will check them out.

And, Amazon has a set of the refillable cups for $9.95. Then I will also buy beans.

Thanks for all the ideas.:)
I figure it this way, MaryAnne. I drink one cup a day (a large cup, not a tiny cup) And there's no point to making a whole pot. That results in more cleaning than drinking enjoyment. I have a little insert where I can put my own coffee in there, but I haven't used it much yet. But it's there if I need it. I use the water from the fridge spout thingy, but we have a Culligan water system thing so our water is filtered to death and really has no taste. I don't have an answer for that, but I can tell you that it is a fresh cup every single time.

MaryAnne

Governor
I drink a pot in the morning, 3 or 4 cups,then very seldom drink more unless my coffee drinking friends drop in,then it is bring out the pot.