• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

College football really kicks off today.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
There have already been a handful of games,but today is the big startoff day. Probably only watching 1 today. Looking ahead,not sure how much interest I will have this year. It is getting harder and harder to make myself sit in front of a tv for hours. College football seems to be trending toward payperview-ish viewing conditions too. Definitely not interested in it enough to go that route.

Days

Commentator
There have already been a handful of games,but today is the big startoff day. Probably only watching 1 today. Looking ahead,not sure how much interest I will have this year. It is getting harder and harder to make myself sit in front of a tv for hours. College football seems to be trending toward payperview-ish viewing conditions too. Definitely not interested in it enough to go that route.
tks BD, I forgot all about it. I used to follow college football, but not able to do so in the past decade, cuz of work. phone hasn't rang today, so might just watch some. My nerves are wrecked in my old age, I can't sit too long either, I'm okay with that, all that rah rah stuff is hard to swallow anyway.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
tks BD, I forgot all about it. I used to follow college football, but not able to do so in the past decade, cuz of work. phone hasn't rang today, so might just watch some. My nerves are wrecked in my old age, I can't sit too long either, I'm okay with that, all that rah rah stuff is hard to swallow anyway.
My son is a Baylor graduate. About $100K of my money went there too. I might watch the Baylor game at 7pm. Going on a group Civil War tour of Chattanooga/Chickamauga in October. Reading up on that today.

Jen

Senator
Three of my four kids graduated from OU (one got two degrees there). So..........
Boomer Sooner.

Days

Commentator
My son is a Baylor graduate. About $100K of my money went there too. I might watch the Baylor game at 7pm. Going on a group Civil War tour of Chattanooga/Chickamauga in October. Reading up on that today.
caught some of the Ohio State vs Oregon St game and now they have Washington vs Auburn ... pretty good games for season openers. I see Illinois is struggling against Kent State, heh. Michigan plays Notre Dame tonight also.

My kid's best friend, Martin, does the Civil War re-enactments. Those two are huge history buffs, you would love chatting with them. I love reading your posts about the battles, and your pics of the sites were awesome; hope to see more of that!

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
My kid's best friend, Martin, does the Civil War re-enactments. Those two are huge history buffs, you would love chatting with them. I love reading your posts about the battles, and your pics of the sites were awesome; hope to see more of that!
There are a couple of PJ members on the right who can't resist the opportunity to try to derail those threads by injecting modern politics into them so I don't post much about that in PJ anymore.

I do most of that in another forum where modern politics is not allowed.

Days

Commentator
There are a couple of PJ members on the right who can't resist the opportunity to try to derail those threads by injecting modern politics into them so I don't post much about that in PJ anymore.

I do most of that in another forum where modern politics is not allowed.
the politics in this forum is really hard core, but the place is called political jack. I hate politics, if you ask me, politics is what's wrong with the republic, it is a cancer that has hurt us from the very beginning. Remember, George Washington warned us against political parties, that they would destroy the function of the republic... he was right. Think about how the republic was supposed to work, all the elected representatives were supposed to come together and work out a government that helped everyone, they are supposed to be all on the same side; whoever got the most votes for president became president, whoever got the 2nd most votes became vice president, the government was set up to be a tool of the people, we were supposed to rule ourselves, political parties destroyed all that.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Baylor beat Abilene Christian University 55-27. That equaled their win total for all of last year.